3 Coulpes & D-Walk 2 0 0 17
    Dancing Cows 1 1 0 11.5
    WMD 0 2 0 8.5

GLINDA DIVISION
    Team W L T MPs

Eastside Crushers 2 0 0 16.5
    Crazy 18 2 0 0 14
    Whiskey Discs 0 2 0 6
    Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Thansk for the quick update Jordan. What program do I need to use to see the results on the yahoo TDG group?
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
      What program do I need to use to see the results on the yahoo TDG group?
      Excel Viewer

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
        Excel Viewer
        Which can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=EN

OpenOffice (which is free) also works. Get it here: http://www.openoffice.org

Comment

Question on the Crazy 18/GBP scorecard. Crazy 18 received a doubles point in the afternoon when GBP didn't put anyone up for doubles. Doesn't the first team to fill in the scorecard need to be able to put up two people in order for the other team to defend the point with one(Cali) or two people? Does that make sense?

Edit: Same thing goes for WSS/RR. That matchup doesn't matter so much though as RR would still win. If Crazy 18 doesn't get the extra doubles point then it is a tie, with GBP getting the win due to strokes.

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
            Question on the Crazy 18/GBP scorecard. Crazy 18 received a doubles point in the afternoon when GBP didn't put anyone up for doubles. Doesn't the first team to fill in the scorecard need to be able to put up two people in order for the other team to defend the point with one(Cali) or two people? Does that make sense?

Edit: Same thing goes for WSS/RR. That matchup doesn't matter so much though as RR would still win. If Crazy 18 doesn't get the extra doubles point then it is a tie, with GBP getting the win due to strokes.
            It only takes ONE team in the match to have 2 players to form the dubs match. So if you are filling out the form first and don't have the 2 players necessary to initiate the dubs then you should still put up your Cali defense in case the other team DOES have the requisite players available.

In the case of the Green Bowl Packers they had originally put up Chompy as the Cali defense, but he injured himself during the morning match and had to withdraw. In fact, he may be our first injury replacement in TDG history...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post

In the case of the Green Bowl Packers they had originally put up Chompy as the Cali defense, but he injured himself during the morning match and had to withdraw. In fact, he may be our first injury replacement in TDG history...
                Uh-Oh! What happened? Any update on how he is doing? If he has to drop he will certainly be missed. (At least by this old fart!)

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                  It only takes ONE team in the match to have 2 players to form the dubs match. So if you are filling out the form first and don't have the 2 players necessary to initiate the dubs then you should still put up your Cali defense in case the other team DOES have the requisite players available.

Oh bummer Chop I hope he is gong to be OK. 3'c & a D wish him a speedy recovery.

Cindy
                  Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                  2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                  Stumptown #176
                  PDGA #37716

Comment

Bummer. So if he was injured in the first round, why was he put up as a Cali player during the 2nd round to give Crazy 18 the free point? If the other team can't field a a dubs team/Cali player and your team can, do you automatically win the point? I know I could probably look this up.

Comment

Originally posted by Celeste View Post
                      Bummer. So if he was injured in the first round, why was he put up as a Cali player during the 2nd round to give Crazy 18 the free point? If the other team can't field a a dubs team/Cali player and your team can, do you automatically win the point? I know I could probably look this up.
                      To save time, I like to have the Home Team put up their matchups for both morning AND afternoon rounds at the same time. (After the Visitors have set their matchups for the morning!) That way I can get a jump on the scorecards for the afternoon during the lunch break. All I do is wait for the Visitor to finish the matchups and add them to the cards that are ready to go. That is what GBP did before they knew that Chompy was hurt.

And yes. If one team has the 2 players for dubs and the other team cannot field anybody to play against them they get the free Match point. The dubs team should play 1 hole and score less than 7 strokes. That will give them the point for the dubs match and give them the stroke differential in case of a tie. If they don't play any holes I give them zero strokes & the opponent one stroke, so it won't help the tie breaker very much if you don't play the round.
                      (In the morning I encourage the dubs pairs to actually play the whole round as players from the other team could show up late and conceivably win the match)

BTW these are both good questions!

Comment

I knew we were doing the right thing, (The Crazy 18) that is. But, I too have a question about that match. Since Chompy couldnt compete, he took 7 on all holes totalling 126 strokes. Our team only played 1 hole, scoring 3 I believe, taking 7's on the rest of the rest of the holes they didnt play. Totalling 123 strokes. If the matches ended up tied and it went to strokes, that would only be 3 strokes difference in that match up. I didnt think about it until the next day, but if our dubs finished all 18 and ended with a 70, that would make now make it a difference of 56 strokes which would help out a lot in case of a tie.

I guess my question would be, in a situation like ours, would it really be better if our team finished out the 18 and got that many more strokes less? Or is there some other scoring thing you have going on that eliminates those strokes since it was never a full matchup? This may help other teams in the future!!!

Comment

Oh yeah and thanks Kevin MAdrid for a fun close matchup. Only beating me by 3 heads up means I played pretty damn well and kept it close

Comment

Now that I have the right software uploaded, Jordan do you have the link to my teams scores? I cant find it

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                              Now that I have the right software uploaded, Jordan do you have the link to my teams scores? I cant find it
                              When you are on the Yahoo groups page click on "Files" on the left hand side. Then just open up whichever file you are looking for. Saturday Dabney is what I'm guessing you'll want to start out with. When it opens a new window and you see a match up sheet, if it is not the match up you are looking for look at the bottom left of the screen and you will see the different tabs down there. Click on one and it will take you to the master scorecard for that match up.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X