X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahhhh ok, didnt notice the tabs. thanks
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
      ahhhh ok, didnt notice the tabs. thanks
      Yeah, it's happened to me before...

Comment

huh

how do i get to the yahoo site

Comment

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/teamdiscgolf/

join the group and wait for the admin to allow you to join.
          All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

another good question

I guess my question would be, in a situation like ours, would it really be better if our team finished out the 18 and got that many more strokes less? Or is there some other scoring thing you have going on that eliminates those strokes since it was never a full matchup? This may help other teams in the future!!!
            If the rest of your matches came out to a tie then the total strokes of all matches would be the deciding factor. By only playing the one hole you earned a 4 stroke difference in the match. It might not have been enough. But I am sure that playing 9 holes should probably be enough to safeguard against that unless you shoot a lot of 7s.

Then again, it might not ever come into play.

In our match with Big Winds it came down to the tiebreaker. We lost by 4 strokes. I missed 4 putts in the first round...

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
            Or does here stand the last remaining man
            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Don't worry, I missed 4 putts on my first HOLE!
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

4 putts

Yep, I saw it!

Comment

Pour some more salt on the wound why don't you...
                  Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Oh yeah and thanks Kevin MAdrid for a fun close matchup. Only beating me by 3 heads up means I played pretty damn well and kept it close

Have to agree...wish the weather was better. I didn't play as well as I wanted to, but that golf for you. It was great to meet some of the Hag crew. Good peeps!

Comment

hope chris aka chompy will be ok keep us up to date on his progress
                      PDGA # 31451
                      2 Mini Aces
                      74 Aces
                      PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                      DISC GOLF OR DIE
                      BOB CABAL
                      DISCVANGO
                      JEFF ELLIOT
                      G-MAN
                      JORDAN LEWIS
                      JEFF HAGERTY
                      JAMES GARCELON
                      SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                        Don't worry, I missed 4 putts on my first HOLE!
                        Yeah we either need more quaffers or fewer quaffers before the match...

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                        Or does here stand the last remaining man
                        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

When in doubt always go with more...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Madrid View Post
                            Have to agree...wish the weather was better. I didn't play as well as I wanted to, but that golf for you. It was great to meet some of the Hag crew. Good peeps!
                            It was fun playing with The Packers. Kevin, maybe next time we can play on the same card. I don't know if we ever played together, maybe at Dabney Doubles. Chompy, I hope your knee feels better. I'm happy I didn't have to play a second round in the rain/lightening/thunder.
                            "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

CHOMP injury update:

My knee has been messed up since I dislocated it in a motorcycle crash 25 years ago. It has just slowly gotten worse and worse. Over the years I have had to give things up do to the knee; first softball, then backpacking, now disc golf.

After the first match of the year at The Dalles I could hardly walk. I went to the doc and he said the only surgical option is a complete knee replacement. The other option was a cortisone shot, which I got. The shot made my knee feel much better, but after the morning round at Dabney it was starting to hurt again. At that point I decided it was more important to be able to walk than to play disc golf.

The doc said they like to wait until a person is over 50 to do a knee replacement because they do wear out. They do not want to have to do multiple knee replacements. At this point I am leaning toward getting it done sooner rather than later.

I have new health coverage starting next year. I will be going back to the doc after the first of the year to pursue the surgery.

Hopefully by next fall I will be ready for some Team Golf!
                              Last edited by Arthur Chomparelli; November 12th, 2009, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Chomparelli View Post
                                My knee has been messed up since I dislocated in a motorcycle crash 25 years ago. It has just slowly gotten worse and worse. Over the years I have had to give things up do to the knee; first softball, then backpacking, now disc golf.

After the first match of the year at The Dalles I could hardly walk. I went to the doc and he said the only surgical option is a complete knee replacement. The other option was a cortisone shot, which I got. The shot made my knee feel much better, but after the morning round at Dabney it was starting to hurt again. At that point I decided it was more important to be able to walk than to play disc golf.

The doc said they like to wait until a person is over 50 to do a knee replacement because they do wear out. They do not want to have to do multiple knee replacements. At this point I am leaning toward getting it done sooner rather than later.

I have new health coverage starting next year. I will be going back to the doc after the first of the year to pursue the surgery.

Hopefully by next fall I will be ready for some Team Golf!

Oh Chomp sorry to hear that. I hope you can come back next year with your bionic knee

Cindy
                                Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                                Stumptown #176
                                PDGA #37716

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X