X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OR Team DG: First weekend at Sorosis

We had a great time it was sunny, warm and little windy but over all great day. Eastside crushers put a hurting on vapor trail and I think Dan Denney had a tear in his eye and a limp in his step. Jordan thanks for all your hard work and look foward to Dabney in two weeks. Sunday teams have fun and hope you get the weather we had.
    X - Man

Nothing wll bring a tear to your eye like having to watch Keith "throw" a disc. It's the sadest thing I've ever witnessed. Perfect weather, great team mates, the only drawback was having to see those crusties first thing on a beautiful morning.

BTW- we split the matches with the crusties, to Keith that feels like puting a "hurting" on someone....

Comment

Lost.....

well we sure had some great weather

and some great fun with 3C's and a D

in the second round i left my mini some where on the course.... dang browni's

anyway i would luv to have it back it was a white innova lightweight with no markings... any way it has a irreplaceable "Mt.Tabor Full Sail" sticker on it.

Sure hope it got found yesterday before the rains got there
      "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
        well we sure had some great weather

and some great fun with 3C's and a D

in the second round i left my mini some where on the course.... dang browni's

anyway i would luv to have it back it was a white innova lightweight with no markings... any way it has a irreplaceable "Mt.Tabor Full Sail" sticker on it.

Sure hope it got found yesterday before the rains got there
        Yay Scott the I agree the weather was awesome yesterday not a cloud in the sky. We 3c's and our D had a great time playing your crew My husband and I tried to hold on to that handicap we had in our double match in the afternoon, but Chris came through with a clutch long ass putt on the 2nd to last hole to tie it up, and sealed in the tie breaker

Cindy
        Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
        Stumptown #176
        PDGA #37716

Comment

Had a great time out there yesterday. Will have to play out there more often.
          Congrats to Crazy 18's on their win. Better watch your back at Milo Troy.
          According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

Had a great time too Will. Felt great to get a victory the first week out. 7-8 pts out of the possible 11. cant remember all of the match scores though. Hopefully I wont be sick and can put up more of a fight at MIlo. Plan to take on Tassia too. Hopefully i played bad enough to lower my rating
            All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Sunday Update

The weather held out for us on Sunday. The morning was nice with a few sun breaks. Afternoon was cloudy with a few very light sprinkles. Not too cold after I played a few holes. My second round finished right after 3pm.

The match results:
              Putt This 1-0 Green Bowl Packers
              Rockwood Roughnecks 1-0 Salty Good & Sassy
              Westside Slingers 1-0 Drunker & Disorderlier
              Dark Horse 1-0 Team Skinny

Looking forward to Dabney in two weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by Will of Doom View Post
                Had a great time out there yesterday. Will have to play out there more often.
                Congrats to Crazy 18's on their win. Better watch your back at Milo Troy.
                Milo-Smilo. We will take you at Milo too. Had a great time playing with teammates and Whiskey Discs. You guys fought hard!
                "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet View Post
                  Milo-Smilo. We will take you at Milo too. Had a great time playing with teammates and Whiskey Discs. You guys fought hard!
                  Jet talking smack=Priceless!

Bob

Comment

Week 1 Results

There is (I believe) a slight match scoring error in the Team Skinny vs. Dark Horse match. Team Skinny played Isaac Aasen in morning doubles but he did not play singles in the afternoon. Therefore Team Skinny must forfeit the morning doubles match. This change only makes a half-point difference and does not affect the overall match result.

Is this also why Team Skinny didn't get the 7 player bonus? Since a team must play all 7 in singles?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                      There is (I believe) a slight match scoring error in the Team Skinny vs. Dark Horse match. Team Skinny played Isaac Aasen in morning doubles but he did not play singles in the afternoon. Therefore Team Skinny must forfeit the morning doubles match. This change only makes a half-point difference and does not affect the overall match result.

Is this also why Team Skinny didn't get the 7 player bonus? Since a team must play all 7 in singles?
                      Yes. And I haven't had time to discuss the ramifications of failing to abide by the new rule. I am tending toward the "this is your warning" for the first offense. But don't think that this means that EVERY team gets to 'blow it' the first time w/o consequences.

So to ALL TDG Teams: THIS IS YOUR WARNING!

1) The 7-man bonus point only gets awarded if you field all 7 players during SINGLES matches.

2) If you field a Dubs match and those players haven't played in a singles match you FORFEIT the dubs point even if you win.

And while we are on the list of less than desirable outcomes, it seems that I left my laptop at work tonight so tomorrow night will be the first chance that I get to go back and double check score cards and match results. So if you are sitting at your computer waiting for the magic post with everything your hearts desire, you've got some waiting in store for you.
                      Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                      Or does here stand the last remaining man
                      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Everyone else did know this and play by it. Sunday teams are a little slow I guess. All rules were posted and discussed. Question sessions were held. Too bad, take the point or half a point or whatever.
                        ________
                        Gay Cock
                        Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
                          Everyone else did know this and play by it. Sunday teams are a little slow I guess. All rules were posted and discussed. Question sessions were held. Too bad, take the point or half a point or whatever.

I guess to play in the Sunday Big Leagues the main requirement is to not be able to understand simple instructions.
                          Last edited by Minordiety; October 28th, 2009, 10:47 AM. Reason: Thoughtlessness

Comment

Originally posted by Minordiety View Post
                            I guess to play in the Sunday Big Leagues the main requirement is to not be able to understand simple instructions.
                            Yeah and I guess the main requirement to play in the Saturday Minor Leagues is to be a internet shit talker
                            Disc golf by day, Joe rogan podcast by night! All day!

Comment

That was kinda harsh Denny, but this is the internet, let the $hit talking continue.
                              I too thought it was common knowledge this year that Every player had to play singles in order to get the 7 player bonus point, and to get the points for a doubles match up. The rule was, anyone who played in a doubles match, had to play singles too, so that no one played dubs all year and no singles, to protect their rating. In the years past people were able to o that, but not with this rule.
                              All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X