X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
    Yes. And I haven't had time to discuss the ramifications of failing to abide by the new rule. I am tending toward the "this is your warning" for the first offense. But don't think that this means that EVERY team gets to 'blow it' the first time w/o consequences.

So to ALL TDG Teams: THIS IS YOUR WARNING!

1) The 7-man bonus point only gets awarded if you field all 7 players during SINGLES matches.

2) If you field a Dubs match and those players haven't played in a singles match you FORFEIT the dubs point even if you win.

And while we are on the list of less than desirable outcomes, it seems that I left my laptop at work tonight so tomorrow night will be the first chance that I get to go back and double check score cards and match results. So if you are sitting at your computer waiting for the magic post with everything your hearts desire, you've got some waiting in store for you.
    I'm surprised you're going to bend on this. I hate to be a stickler, but come on now. There was this post: http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=3139
    detailing the captain's meeting decisions three weeks before the first regular season event. There was also a pre-lim match where captains could be briefed. Did Team Skinny have a representative at either?? If they didn't, I don't see why they should get a free pass when every other team made a point to attend. Not to mention would have probably matched up differently if this rule was not being applied. Sorry to rant, but I know our division's season could come down to a couple of points. Maybe a poll?
    Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
    Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

I say enforce the ruling and make team Skinny deal with it. I am not hating on anyone on the team. They arent even on the same day as our team, or same division, so the ruling wont affect us. I say rules are rules. They need to be enforced!!!! Maybe somehow the team captain wasnt fully aware of this rule, but it will now make them aware of it for future matches. Its still early in the season. one mistake like this shouldnt hurt their overall scores that much. they have time to come back.

ON a side note.... I am not trying to rush you JOrdan. I kow you have tons of numbers to input, but I was wondering when we may possibly see a ratings update so we can start to calculate and plan the next events match ups?
      All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

I know some may same.. new rules, new team. but come on now. these rules were set in place plenty of time before the first real event at Sorosis. I was a new captain of a new team 3 years ago. I had to learn the rules quickly, or deal with the consequences. my vote if there is going to be any vote, is to let team skinny deal with the mistake and take the lost points. its fair to all teams, no matter what day you play on
        All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
          I know some may same.. new rules, new team. but come on now. these rules were set in place plenty of time before the first real event at Sorosis. I was a new captain of a new team 3 years ago. I had to learn the rules quickly, or deal with the consequences. my vote if there is going to be any vote, is to let team skinny deal with the mistake and take the lost points. its fair to all teams, no matter what day you play on
          That's totally fine with me.
          Disc golf by day, Joe rogan podcast by night! All day!

Comment

Still working

I have fixed the Eastside Crushers/Vapor Trail match. 2 ties in the afternoon resulted in a tie for the day's matches, so it went to the total strokes tie breaker where the crushers win by 9 strokes. Their match is now 7-5.

I have all of the scores in and ratings for Saturday teams are done. Working on Sunday teams ratings. I will upload them when done.
            Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
            Or does here stand the last remaining man
            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
              Yeah and I guess the main requirement to play in the Saturday Minor Leagues is to be a internet shit talker

Why yes it is Denny. But I do personal appearances as well.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X