November 7-8 - Dabney - 8x S - 8a CSL
    November 21-22 - Milo McIver - 8x S - 8a CSL
    December 6 - Hornings (all in 1 day) - 8a S - 7x CSL
    December 12-13 - Timber - 8a S - 7x CSL
    January 2-3 - Milo McIver - 8x S - 8a CSL
    January 16-17 - Dabney - 8x S - 8a CSL
    February 13-14 - Timber (possible 2nd trip to Pier) - 9a S - 8x CSL
    February 27-28 - Trojan - 9a S - 8x CSL

After all that was said about Adair this weekend, I think we should reconsider and put it back on the schedule. One of the best courses in our area and apparently the pads are not that bad. How about January instead of Dabney twice? Dabney in the winter is worse than Adair by far. That is... unless you're a mud skipper.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by DanD View Post
      October 10-11 - Pier - 9 am Start
      October 24-25 - Sorosis - 9a Start - 8x Captains Set Lineups
      November 7-8 - Dabney - 8x S - 8a CSL
      November 21-22 - Milo McIver - 8x S - 8a CSL
      December 6 - Hornings (all in 1 day) - 8a S - 7x CSL
      December 12-13 - Timber - 8a S - 7x CSL
      January 2-3 - Milo McIver - 8x S - 8a CSL
      January 16-17 - Dabney - 8x S - 8a CSL
      February 13-14 - Timber (possible 2nd trip to Pier) - 9a S - 8x CSL
      February 27-28 - Trojan - 9a S - 8x CSL
      ok have we heard if the baskets are coming out at Pier???

1st and foremost to this discussion??
      "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        After all that was said about Adair this weekend, I think we should reconsider and put it back on the schedule. One of the best courses in our area and apparently the pads are not that bad. How about January instead of Dabney twice? Dabney in the winter is worse than Adair by far. That is... unless you're a mud skipper.
        I completely disagree and hope that Adair stays off the schedule. For one, I don't think the drive is worth it during winter (personal preference). Second, I have played Adair numerous time during the winter, and the pads are some of the worst in the state during inclement weather. I doubt this has changed unless they have swapped out pads during the past year.

Can't wait for TDG!!!!

Comment

They have swapped out pads and though it was wet yesterday, no one complained about slipping.

1 Adair 1 Dabney is a much better schedule than 2 Dabney.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

have not heard anything about pulling baskets at pier!!!
            sigpichttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Disc-G...k/115726924682

Comment

[QUOTE=Sam;37567]They have swapped out pads and though it was wet yesterday, no one complained about slipping.

[QUOTE]That is great news! For me, Adair is one of those courses were confident footing makes or breaks a round....or a hip....lol. Still not sold on the drive.

Comment

I love Adair!

Comment

[QUOTE=Pizzel;37578][QUOTE=Sam;37567]They have swapped out pads and though it was wet yesterday, no one complained about slipping.

That is great news! For me, Adair is one of those courses were confident footing makes or breaks a round....or a hip....lol. Still not sold on the drive.
                  Sorry, I know this is not my place since I am not playing Team Golf, but I wanted to share my perspective from a safety view.
                  There have been some improvements for sure out there to the pads, but I slipped twice on the pads in the woods. Granted, it was my own fault for not double checking the first pad. Gawain had a slip too. SO, I love Adair and it was fun, but the pads still are an issue. Make sure you really check them out before you throw.
                  Training to be a bagger

Comment

As you were there and I wasn't, I was merely passing on second-hand info. If your experience was different, that is news to me but good to know. Slipping on the pad sucks... but it happened several times this weekend on cement pads, as well.
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

As you were there and I wasn't, I was merely passing on second-hand info. If your experience was different, that is news to me but good to know. Slipping on the pad sucks... but it happened several times this weekend on cement pads, as well.
                      Yay my FM1 card slipped more than once on the cement pads at Willamette yesterday, so slippery when wet I think could apply to rubber or cement. I love Adair too, so I personally would not mind playing there once during team disc golf.

Cindy
                      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                      Stumptown #176
                      PDGA #37716

Comment

[QUOTE=Pizzel;37578][QUOTE=Sam;37567]They have swapped out pads and though it was wet yesterday, no one complained about slipping.

That is great news! For me, Adair is one of those courses were confident footing makes or breaks a round....or a hip....lol. Still not sold on the drive.
                        Shall we carpool?

Bob
                        Last edited by Scott; October 5th, 2009, 01:00 PM.

Comment

There is only one thing in the universe that I know is absolute: The tee-pads at Willamette Park are the worst cement pads in the state as far as playability in inclement weather.

Comment

But someone said something about baskets being pulled from Pier. WTF? I shot a round with Dave B. on Friday and he said nothing. So NWDiscer what have you been hearing, and from whom? Pier regulars are anxious to know.
                            educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                              But someone said something about baskets being pulled from Pier. WTF? I shot a round with Dave B. on Friday and he said nothing. So NWDiscer what have you been hearing, and from whom? Pier regulars are anxious to know.
                              Nobody has heard anything from anyone. Nobody has said that they are going to be pulled. People are just WONDERING if they are going to pull the baskets again this winter for another round of reseeding. Since nobody has heard that they are DEFINITELY NOT removing baskets, Pier is not on the schedule for TDG after prelims. If baskets don't get pulled Pier will be back on the schedule in Jan or Feb.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X