Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OR Team DG: TDG '09-'10 explained

Here's basically how it works.
    You get 7 friends together and form a team.
    At each event your team will be playing head-to-head against another team while other teams are playing each other at the same time.
    In the morning round you match 4 players in singles matches against your opponents to each win a point and 2 players in a dubs match to win another point. All matches are handicapped by player rating with the higher rated player adding strokes to make it even. Each match is rated and changes your rating for the next event.
    In the afternoon you do it all again. 5 points in the morning and 5 points in the afternoon, most points claimed wins a bonus point (and a bonus point can be earned by playing all 7 team members in a singles match).
    Teams are divided into divisions and total points decide standings.
    At the final event division leaders face off for a championship while 2nd place finishers play for 3rd and 3rd place finishers play for 5th etc.
    The single most important thing is to show up and play. If you can't commit to making most of the 9 events then you should think twice about joining.
    This year we are expanding, if needed, to allow more teams to play. We will do this by having some teams play at one course and the rest play at another. But those groups will change each event so that we can play along with each team if not against each team.
    We hold 2 events each month October-February.
    Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    I値l not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post

We will do this by having some teams play at one course and the rest play at another.

^^ ?ummm what?^^

But those groups will change each event so that we can play along with each team if not against each team.

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Taking any bets on how often Dunk and Disorderly shows up at the wrong course?

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
        Maybe you should put the IPA down once in awhile and pay attention! If we can only hold 10 teams on one course at a time the only solution is to go with more courses or more days. Since nobody has stepped up to volunteer to run an extra day then we will run an extra course. How is that confusing?

Comment

Thanks for the quick lesson Sausage Fingers. Is your rating based on PDGA ratings, or do you have your own handicap system? How do you pair your matches up against your opponent? Best rating VS. best rating?

Sounds like fun to me! I hope we can get something similar going in WA. There has been alot of talk about it, Im certain there would be interest, its just a matter of somebody deciding to make it happen.
          A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
            Thanks for the quick lesson Sausage Fingers. Is your rating based on PDGA ratings, or do you have your own handicap system? How do you pair your matches up against your opponent? Best rating VS. best rating?

Sounds like fun to me! I hope we can get something similar going in WA. There has been alot of talk about it, Im certain there would be interest, its just a matter of somebody deciding to make it happen.
            We use the PDGA ratings and the same reporting excel sheet that determines the individual round ratings that you would turn in to the PDGA. That way each singles player gets their rating adjusted after each event.

We use the hold-over from the old school TDG rules where each match has one team designated as the HOME team. The only thing that this does it to determine who sets out the match ups first.
            I.E. the Home teams fills out the match form with 4 singles players and 2 dubs (if they can field them) players and then the Visitor team picks who they want to match up with them. Then in the afternoon round the Visitor team fills out the match form and then the Home team picks who they want to match up with them.

There can be some real strategy in how to match up your players against the opponents. We had a huge range of player ratings on our teams, from 750 all the way to 1000. Some of the teams liked to see who they could match up to get the most handicap strokes given. I think there were quite a few matches with more than 20 strokes given to even out the match. Sometimes the higher rated player could overcome that handicap and sometimes they couldn't. But if you both play a round to your rating then the match should end in a tie.

I can go on and on about this stuff but I really need to get some more work done. I'll try to answer any questions that anyone has regarding how we run TDG!

Comment

Maybe you should put the IPA down once in awhile and pay attention! If we can only hold 10 teams on one course at a time the only solution is to go with more courses or more days. Since nobody has stepped up to volunteer to run an extra day then we will run an extra course. How is that confusing?

ummm excuse me put down the IPA once in awhile where the fvck did this come from???? how about you put away the Quaffers.....

So "WE" have decided that there will be no other day???

i could have sworn that there was a poll and that it would be discussed among the teams??

where was the thread asking for some1 to run the other day???

and so what you are saying is that certain teams get to play Trojan 1 day while the others play Rooster??

Comment

ummm excuse me put down the IPA once in awhile where the fvck did this come from???? how about you put away the Quaffers.....

So "WE" have decided that there will be no other day???

i could have sworn that there was a poll and that it would be discussed among the teams??

where was the thread asking for some1 to run the other day???

and so what you are saying is that certain teams get to play Trojan 1 day while the others play Rooster??

Let me put it to ya this way then...

WHO IS THIS MYSTERY PERSON WHO WILL RUN A DIFFERENT DAY?!?!

NOBODY HAS CONTACTED ME WHO IS INTERESTED IN DOING THIS.

I GOT ONE PERSON WHO SAID THAT THEY WOULD RUN THE OTHER SIDE, IF IT WAS ON THE SAME DAY BUT AT A DIFFERENT PARK.

I see a lot of 'we should do this' and 'we should do that' but NOBODY has stepped up to say 'I CAN DO THIS'. I am all for group input but what is the deadline to make a decision? Today? Next week? The day before everybody gets together to play? THE FIRST EVENT?

And even if we all get together and 'DECIDE' we want to run a different day instead of a different park, what good is that? It's just a bunch of hot air if we have NOBODY to run the second day.

The schedule needs to be set and plans need to be made to get this thing going, I can't wait much longer...

PS and yes HERE is where fvck this came from - the middle of the Rosters thread:
                This doesn't have ANYTHING to do with TDG Rosters...

Comment

as for the post of that ale it is not an IPA and i was asked about it im sorry if i messed up the Your TDG thread..........

as for the rest of it, whatever jordan this is your thing now.

i will no longer put forth any ideas to make it better or to expand it.....

oh yea i hope you get your panties out of the bunch they seem to be in.

Comment

Honestly, I like team golf as it is and think it's fair to Jordan who gives his time and energy to run this for us that he gets the final say unless someone steps up and volunteers to run another league. He's only adding to HIS work load by offering to expand team golf at all. If I were running this thing I wouldn't have even offered to expand to another course, it's all ready a lot of work.

Team Golf!!! woohoo

Comment

I GOT ONE PERSON WHO SAID THAT THEY WOULD RUN THE OTHER SAME DAY BUT AT A DIFFERENT PARK.
                      That would be me. I'm willing to run things at the "other" park except when my team is at the same park as Jordan's team. Then we'll need some other people to step up to help run things. Basically to make two parks work we need a group of available volunteers (6-7) to run the other park so that we're guaranteed one of those players is there instead of at the same park as Jordan.

Comment

I'm on Jordan's team. Fortunately, the man has never asked me to put down MY IPA. Then we'd have words...
                        的 believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, that痴 in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, I値l know I知 a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? I知 not sure, but it痴 possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.
                        ~Annika Srenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                          Fortunately, the man has never asked me to put down MY IPA. Then we'd have words...
                          No, I usually have to wait until you set it down and turn your back so I can steal it, but that rarely happens...

And to Jeff, I was going to schedule it so that our teams never played the same park on the same event...so I was sticking you with the whole thing.

Comment

Sorry Scott,

I am not mad at you, just all the "let's do this and let's do that" kibitzing that goes on on this forum. Everybody had great ideas about what to do to make it 'better' but nobody steps up to help make it happen.

Except for Jeff Hemmerling, so far...

I can't be in two places at once and I won't give up both weekend days to add teams. Maybe we just go with 10 teams again this year and screw adding anyone else...

Comment

I can't be in two places at once and I won't give up both weekend days to add teams. Maybe we just go with 10 teams again this year and screw adding anyone else...
                              That works for me. I'd rather see every team at every match...
                              I can't go the whole winter without my GBS trash-talking fix.
                              Last edited by Jeff Hemmerling; August 19th, 2009, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X