Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OR Team DG: TDG 2009 pre-pre-lims meeting?

NOT AN OFFICIAL TEAM DISC GOLF POST
    The 2009-10 season is just around the corner. I think there needs to be a meeting of the minds prior to the preliminary match. Any new teams need to be represented and (if need be) any format changes could be discussed/voted on. I know there are a lot of ideas that could be thrown around. Such as; doubles format, (possible) two conferences, (possible) two days, number of teams, new teams, tie-breakers, some sort of Asshole Casserole contingency , etc. etc. etc.
    I think this will help iron out the details of the upcoming season, and make sure things are ready to roll smoothly for the pre-lims/ week 1.
    I'm sure there are a lot of other things to talk about, any other ideas...?
    Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
    Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Originally posted by Darr View Post
    The 2009-10 season is just around the corner. I think there needs to be a meeting of the minds prior to the preliminary match. Any new teams need to be represented and (if need be) any format changes could be discussed/voted on. I know there are a lot of ideas that could be thrown around. Such as; doubles format, (possible) two conferences, (possible) two days, number of teams, new teams, tie-breakers, some sort of Asshole Casserole contingency , etc. etc. etc.
    I think this will help iron out the details of the upcoming season, and make sure things are ready to roll smoothly for the pre-lims/ week 1.
    I'm sure there are a lot of other things to talk about, any other ideas...?
    I,m not officialy on a team but I would like to come to this meeting of the minds and get more info possibly find a team if anyone was looking for a player or if there is enough of us looking for a team we could form one when will this meeting take place day, time and location please and thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty B View Post
      I,m not officialy on a team but I would like to come to this meeting of the minds and get more info possibly find a team if anyone was looking for a player or if there is enough of us looking for a team we could form one when will this meeting take place day, time and location please and thank you.
      That is exactly the way my team was formed and I caught on the next season! Don't miss out Team Golf is the Shiz!

The meeting could happen with JUST the team captains and TD's. Off the top of my head...

Jordan Lewis - TD/the Good, the Bad, and the Sassy captain
      George Adams - Vapor Trails captain
      Jeff Mittl - Dark Horse captain
      T-Ry - Green Bowl Packers captain (ATTN: Kevin)
      Jeff Hemmerling - Putt This captain
      Celeste - Drunk and Disorderly captain
      Camo - Rockwood Roughnecks captain
      Vic - Big Winds captain
      McGrewzle - Westside Slingers captain

Scotty B - possible Saturday TD/new team captain
      Trozzle - possible Saturday TD/new captain
      Jevon - possible Saturday TD/new team member or captain?/lazy asshole
      Terry Shuler - posted interest in possible Saturday TD/new team captain
      Tyvek - interested/possible Saturday TD/new team captain

I can think of a couple of other crews that might field a pretty good team
      Any other thoughts...
      Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
      Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

That is exactly the way my team was formed and I caught on the next season! Don't miss out Team Golf is the Shiz!

The meeting could happen with JUST the team captains and TD's. Off the top of my head...

Vic - Big Winds captain

Any other thoughts...
        Maybe we could hold an Expansion Draft. Like the NBA or other pro leagues.

I'm just excited and looking forward to Team Golf again. Now, who's first to get beat up by Drunk and Disorderly?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
          Now, who's first to get beat up by Drunk and Disorderly?
          As always, it will be Drunk and Disorderly, of course.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Vic - Big Winds captain

Any other thoughts...
            I see my name wayyyy down at the bottom of the list. yes this whole concept sounds really interesting and fun to me, but i live up in olympia so i dont see how i could participate. (looking into the future) could there be a possibility of having some teams form up here in washington and sort of have a washington division and a oregon division and then every so often have some teams from the two divisions play against each other?? andnthen have some sort of ending season superbowl type deal with the best team from each division.
            Team HOSER:dancing:
            Team OLY:cheerleader:
            Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
              I see my name wayyyy down at the bottom of the list. yes this whole concept sounds really interesting and fun to me, but i live up in olympia so i dont see how i could participate. (looking into the future) could there be a possibility of having some teams form up here in washington and sort of have a washington division and a oregon division and then every so often have some teams from the two divisions play against each other?? andnthen have some sort of ending season superbowl type deal with the best team from each division.
              That would be awesome! The easiest way, travel wise, would be to have each league be 100% independent (WA teams play WA teams and OR teams play OR teams) until the final week which would be, as you say, the Super Bowl of NW disc golf. How cool would that be?

I see the location changing from year to year: Steilly one year, Pier the next, Seatac, Trojan, etc....

Oh, the possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                That would be awesome! The easiest way, travel wise, would be to have each league be 100% independent (WA teams play WA teams and OR teams play OR teams) until the final week which would be, as you say, the Super Bowl of NW disc golf. How cool would that be?

I see the location changing from year to year: Steilly one year, Pier the next, Seatac, Trojan, etc....

Oh, the possibilities.
                What about us over on the Eastern sides of Both States? Can we be part of your leauge or do we have to form our own team leauge because we live where the sidewalk ends(or past it rather)?
                Last edited by Uhlman; August 13th, 2009, 02:36 PM.
                Throw What You Know.
                "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                PDGA# 45989

Comment

Vic - Big Winds captain

Any other thoughts...
                  I noticed my name on this list if that is truly me I would like to be involved but will need some notice as to when, where and a list of resposibilities oh yeah a team would be nice to all work and no play make Scotty B angry. I hope that i can hear something back on this team golf sounds sick I want to play so bad it hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                    What about us over on the Eastern sides of Both States? Can we be part of your leauge or do we have to form our own team leauge because we live where the sidewalk ends(or past it rather)?
                    I dont think i ever read anything excluding the east side of the state. if we get a washington division going next year i would expect teams from all over the state not just one side. but as an unfortunate fact of life, there are more disc golf cities and courses on the western side of the mountains. so that would have a sway on where the teams are formed i would say.
                    Team HOSER:dancing:
                    Team OLY:cheerleader:
                    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

There are some great ideas out here! Thanks for the input.

I would LOVE to play a Superbowl match against a WA State Team Disc Golf league! That would be off the hook...

These are some of my thoughts about TDG this year:

1. If each match (morning & afternoon) between 2 teams takes 3 holes (2 for singles and 1 for dubs), then we could have a maximum of 6 matches or 12 teams compete on an 18 hole course. But I certainly don't want the hassle of trying to reserve each park for the weekend so I think that our existing max of 10 teams/course is probably a good thing.

2. If we split the teams up into divisions we could do it 2 ways: 1 plays on Saturday and 1 plays on Sunday OR they both play on Saturday or Sunday at different parks on the same day. The same day may lend itself better to inter-division matches though... I'd prefer to get to play as many of the other TDG teams as possible and I think that this can be best achieved by playing the saem day at different courses.

3. I like the idea of a preseason meeting of interested players before the season starts, but it is my experience that these meetings usually are held at a noisy(and smoky) bar and it is hard to hold an organized meeting. But if everybody wants to do this I am game.

4. Here are the items up for discussion:
                      # of Teams interested and possibly splitting up the league into 2 divisions
                      Format of play - singles and dubs
                      Player Ratings and associated handicap system
                      Cost and/or food cooking
                      Anything else that I can't think of right now

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                      Or does here stand the last remaining man
                      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

There has been a lot of talk, the last two years especially, about a WA team league. Nobody has really stepped up to make it happen though. I would love some info about how you guys/girls are running it, and whats working. I don't see the need to re invent the wheel, and if there ever was to be an Oregon Washington "Superbowl" we would already be playing the same format. As much of an Ancharchist as I am in my personal life...when it comes to disc golf, I like rules and guidlines!
                        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post

I would LOVE to play a Superbowl match against a WA State Team Disc Golf league! That would be off the hook...

Cost and/or food cooking

Here is my take for food it should rotate from team to team each match or if said team does not want to do food their week then they could pay you for a Jalapeno Dawg Meal the match PRIOR to the match they are supposed to feed us.. or maybe split it between 2 home teams each match that way it is less for each team to come up with.

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Sounds good. I'm sure Drunk and Disorderly could do indian tacos again. All members of our team are back for another year of great attendance. It's the one thing we can't f up! haha

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post

These are some of my thoughts about TDG this year:

1. If each match (morning & afternoon) between 2 teams takes 3 holes (2 for singles and 1 for dubs), then we could have a maximum of 6 matches or 12 teams compete on an 18 hole course. But I certainly don't want the hassle of trying to reserve each park for the weekend so I think that our existing max of 10 teams/course is probably a good thing.

2. If we split the teams up into divisions we could do it 2 ways: 1 plays on Saturday and 1 plays on Sunday OR they both play on Saturday or Sunday at different parks on the same day. The same day may lend itself better to inter-division matches though... I'd prefer to get to play as many of the other TDG teams as possible and I think that this can be best achieved by playing the saem day at different courses.

3. I like the idea of a preseason meeting of interested players before the season starts, but it is my experience that these meetings usually are held at a noisy(and smoky) bar and it is hard to hold an organized meeting. But if everybody wants to do this I am game.

4. Here are the items up for discussion:
                              # of Teams interested and possibly splitting up the league into 2 divisions
                              Format of play - singles and dubs
                              Player Ratings and associated handicap system
                              Cost and/or food cooking
                              Anything else that I can't think of right now

As much talk as there was last year about new teams forming most didn't materialize. But if we CAN get a coupe more teams I too think that both divisions playing on the same day is the better way to go. It gives us way more versatility in matchups with other teams.

We HAVE to decide on food prior to starting. Either we all take turns providing food or we skip it and it's every man/woman for themselves. If each team takes a turn it really isn't that expensive, it's a one time money layout of $15 or $20 per team member, but you only have to it once, and the rest of the year you're not paying anything. We CAN'T have a team provide food one week and the next week have a team SELLING food.

A meeting in the month or so is a great idea but like Jorday said, it should be somewhere more condusive to a meeting atmosphere. Where? Somebody want to volunteer their home?

Darr...............thanks for starting this thread!

Bob

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X