X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
    What about us over on the Eastern sides of Both States? Can we be part of your leauge or do we have to form our own team leauge because we live where the sidewalk ends(or past it rather)?
    The main issue with that is that WE (those of us on the "eastern" side of the cascades) would have to find the team members that would commit to the travel req'd. ONLY one match would be played at OUR home course so ALL of the other events would require extensive travel.
    The "Rebels" would LOVE to have a Team, but the travel would be too much, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
      The main issue with that is that WE (those of us on the "eastern" side of the cascades) would have to find the team members that would commit to the travel req'd. ONLY one match would be played at OUR home course so ALL of the other events would require extensive travel.
      The "Rebels" would LOVE to have a Team, but the travel would be too much, I think.

Mike I think what is being suggested is having regional matches much like High School sports, then if you win your region then you travel for the playoffs to see who is Champion. If there were regions like North, South, East and West then there could be playoffs for State Team Disc Golf Champion based on those winners. Then if Washington comes on board there could be a Superbowl of sorts.
      PDGA #25296
      Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post

That is why the only team outside of Portland that lasted more than 1 season is Big Winds from The Dalles. We have had teams from Trojan and Adair but they said the travel was too hard on them to field a team for all of the events.

In a perfect world, each region would have its own 6 team league where they crown a champ and then the top teams would meet for a Championship match to decide the State Champion. I'd love to see an East of the Cascades league, a mid-valley league, a southern Oregon league and a PDX Metro league.

But we have more than 6 teams wanting to play in the PDX Metro area already, so I doubt that this will catch on anytime soon.
        Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
          That is why the only team outside of Portland that lasted more than 1 season is Big Winds from The Dalles. We have had teams from Trojan and Adair but they said the travel was too hard on them to field a team for all of the events.

In a perfect world, each region would have its own 6 team league where they crown a champ and then the top teams would meet for a Championship match to decide the State Champion. I'd love to see an East of the Cascades league, a mid-valley league, a southern Oregon league and a PDX Metro league.

But we have more than 6 teams wanting to play in the PDX Metro area already, so I doubt that this will catch on anytime soon.
          Is there a reason why there couldn't be two six-team leagues in the Metro area? Look at MLB - a few major cities have both an AL and NL team: Chicago, New York, LA.

The bigger question in my mind is this: Is there enough interest in the other regions to field six teams?

Comment

Right, split Portland into 2 regions.
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
              SO you think that I should limit the TDG to 12 teams this year?

First 12 teams to send me their full roster get in and everybody else is out in the cold?

Comment

SO you think that I should limit the TDG to 12 teams this year?

First 12 teams to send me their full roster get in and everybody else is out in the cold?

If there is demand, why not have 3 regions? Or 4?

Comment

Right. No one said anything about limits....
                  Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                  Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                  Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                  Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                  Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post

or just 2 set's of teams from the area

Team League & New Team League

TL vs NTL

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

How many people are on a team? (I don't know if that was discussed.)
                      Throw What You Know.
                      "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                      PDGA# 45989

Comment

do you have home and away games, or if your from wortman, all away games, interest in a team, or are teams not based on local courses.

Comment

Uhlman said - How many people are on a team? (I don't know if that was discussed.)
                          Seven to a team.

SMOKIN JOE said - Do you have home and away games, or if your from wortman, all away games, interest in a team, or are teams not based on local courses.
                          Jordan sets up the tour...for the past three years all the teams go to a course (Jordan's decision) and we all play it the same day. We would play every other weekend and take a break around x-mas and new years.

Comment

3. I like the idea of a preseason meeting of interested players before the season starts, but it is my experience that these meetings usually are held at a noisy(and smoky) bar and it is hard to hold an organized meeting. But if everybody wants to do this I am game.

4. Here are the items up for discussion:
                            # of Teams interested and possibly splitting up the league into 2 divisions
                            Format of play - singles and dubs
                            Player Ratings and associated handicap system
                            Cost and/or food cooking
                            Anything else that I can't think of right now

I happen to have a bar in my basement that doesn't allow cigarettes. Might only be large enough for captains and prospective captains though, as well as designated quaffer pourers.

I am also accepting applications for those that would like an Asshole on their team. I am the last of an endangered species. I can promise excellent attendance. I can't promise winning any points though(unless I'm playing Sam). I am in possession of last seasons TDG DFL trophy so that should guarantee that we won't finish worse than second to last!

Comment

This meeting will be when?!?!?

I was just looking at the sweet calendar this forum links to and I was dismayed about picking a date for this pre-pre-lims meeting: Going backwards in time from week 1...
                              Oct 3-4 (Willamette Open)
                              Sept 26-27 (Oblive-I won't be there unless the meeting is at Whistler's Bend)
                              Sept 19-20 (KMS & WAS Finals)
                              Sept 12-13 (Eugene Celebration)
                              Sept 5-6 (Labor Day).

Option 1 This doesn't bode well for the meeting unless we conflict with SOMETHING so I am going to pick 9/19/09 at Milo BSF TC. But don't worry, you don't have to get the whole team to show up, just the captain or a designated representative.
                              If you want to join TDG and you don't have a team you can PM me with your name and player rating if you can't make the meeting. This could be a good time to get a team together or fill a roster space on an existing team.
                              The meeting can be short so that everyone can play dubs afterwards if they want.

Option 2 would be Sept 26th but the location would be the yurts at 's Bend.

Option 3 would be we just hash it out here on these intertubes with thread polls.

Let er rip! How many TDGers are planning on attending Stieli or Ski Bowl? The punching bag has been lowered into prime striking distance. Swing away...

Comment

Jordan,

I vote that we meet at a local bar or Jevon's house on a week night. Weekends are just too full as you pointed out. Somewhere centrally located that's relatively quiet. The BSF crew used to meet upstairs at Madison's (SE 11th & Madison). It's large enough for all of us. Other venue suggestions are welcome.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X