Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want to be a hater but if we play McCormick then it is going to take some time to get to our respected holes, especially if people are unfamiliar with the course and have to navigate mud and water. In my opinion there is a greater chance players will lose discs at McCormick compared to Blue Lake and lost discs equal long rounds. It is always easier to lose a disc at an unfamiliar course, especially one in the woods with ferns. Personally, I think we should play Blue Lake with a few shorter tee pads, like the NAAC (#5, #9, #12, #17 all short tees) and we try to start at 8am.

Comment

What Dan said. Or we could go to Buxton. That's a new course that hasn't been thrown out yet. I like stub Stewart too, regardless of what Harrison says. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by DanZ View Post
        I don't want to be a hater but if we play McCormick then it is going to take some time to get to our respected holes, especially if people are unfamiliar with the course and have to navigate mud and water. In my opinion there is a greater chance players will lose discs at McCormick compared to Blue Lake and lost discs equal long rounds. It is always easier to lose a disc at an unfamiliar course, especially one in the woods with ferns. Personally, I think we should play Blue Lake with a few shorter tee pads, like the NAAC (#5, #9, #12, #17 all short tees) and we try to start at 8am.
        I couldn't agree more. Let's play a course for which we have SSA data and isn't a mud pit. We can hit up McCormick next season.

Comment

I think the big issue with Blue Lake is the idea of playing with no OB lines. Again, that just makes it a shoot out for big arms. I'd like to feel my semi-final round is not a throw-away because I can't throw too far.

I understand the question of using a course that has no SSA. I know some of you all put a lot more importance on how your team finishes and don't want to leave that to chance.

I am happy to see that there are suggestions and I hope the captains all come up with some sort of solution that works for all, not just those in contention for a top finish.
          "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.”

Comment

"Originally posted by Harrison: My two cents are these; Josh, you're out of your goddam mind if you think McCormick will work for this League. There is only one entrance to the entire course, making it about as viable as Stub Stewart when it comes to a shotgun start. Blue Lake, in the NAAC layout, plays in less time and even though it is a bit of a giant, is still very doable if teams can coordinate come carpools. If that seems disrespectful to the neighbors, we can organize some kind of caravan. I heard rumors of Blue Lake with no OB.... That is as batshit crazy as playing McCormick. I hope I am not the only one who feels this way, because otherwise we should just throw both courses out and play Pier or Timber again like Jordan was saying."

Harrison, Tell me how you really feel. Please don't hold back.

The reality is there is no hope of making Blue lake happen: A) We arrive too late and B) We are forced to leave too early for that monster. Even in NAAC layout, which I am sure you will be unable to help to set up or tear down. It is impractical and very time consuming for the TD's and core people to layout rubber tee pads or mark the muddy tee locations. Additionally the NAAC basket locations would require moving baskets. All of which would require us to (RESERVE) the park. After all that is done we still won't get around twice and have lunch before they boot us out and ticket the extra cars.

While I fully agree with your assessment that Stubb might be a better option, that course has been overruled as NO by Jordan and Hemmerling. That means we are very seriously planning to use McCormick. I think it is silly to play Timber or Pier when we have this amazing new course as a great option. We really need all 160 pairs of boots to beat that course down for Worlds this year anyway, so consider this your altruistic mission to help us. Put away your big drivers, then strap on your hiking boots and gators for Semis. Quit your whining for Pete's sake, step up and help with the heavy lifting of this (almost) free league you enjoy. We have left 1-2 hours early when all Saturday teams start and stop at the allotted times, We finished at 3pm @ Dabney if you recall. When we are all on the same page we will blast through this course with 3-hour rounds and be leaving about 4:30 or 5pm.

Whoever is concerned about the course should get out there and play it to ease your worried mind. It is such a great course!
            Last edited by jdinteg; January 24th, 2014, 07:38 PM.
            PDGA# 49616
            Stumptown# 353
            OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

just play mcCormick your lazy bitcheeeeees. Jared and I crushed a round in a hour twenty with one lost disc.

just watch your shots, create a marker, and then throw your next shot.

all of you are over complicating this. McCormick is a wonderful place and all of the holes can be reached while walking in less than 5 minutes.

GET IT TOGETHER PEOPLE!

Comment

is it just me, or is everyone complaining about a little mud? we've been treated well by the weather.... spoiled even. We are in the PNW

Comment

Originally posted by jarednfischer View Post
                  The Pour House has confirmed they will be open Sunday the 9th to support OTDG! Not sure about other Sundays yet, but its awesome that they will open to support Disc Golf!
                  If you guys do use McCormick, please be sure to support the Pour House as much as you can for opening on Sunday for the first time ever, just for disc golfers. Really awesome of them, please make one of the course's biggest sponsors and supporters feel justified in that decision. Thanks!!

Comment

Best way to say thank you is to tip and tip well.
                    "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.”

Comment

We're going to be installing all these this weekend, which will help a bunch. Course is still going to be muddy, but so is blue lake. I've only played two rounds, neither took more than 3 hours, both were with 5+ people, one was with a crowded course. I think McCormick will be fine for team golf. But I'll bet Logan, Jared, and I will have plenty of people cursing us. The rough is rough. Keep it in the fairway, throw controlled shots.

Comment

Comment

We're going to be installing next tee signs this weekend, which will help a bunch. Course is still going to be muddy, but so is blue lake. I've only played two rounds, neither took more than 3 hours, both were with 5+ people, one was with a crowded course. I think McCormick will be fine for team golf. But I'll bet Logan, Jared, and I will have plenty of people cursing us. The rough is rough. Keep it in the fairway, throw controlled shots.

Comment

Lol, was going to post a picture but it said I'm not authorized. Then tried to edit my post that was making reference to a photo, then I ruined the forum. You're welcome. :-)

Comment

If you play like that in the semi-finals we have a hope.

Comment

WINTER SNOW ADVISORY!!!
                                The latest forecasts from the National Weather Service indicates that we are looking at another 2-6 inches of snow in the Lower Columbia region starting anywhere between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Another 1-3 inches of snow are predicted for Saturday with the snow transitioning to freezing rain on Saturday evening.

I am just not felling the love for our TDG Schedule if we have to deal with freezing rain. Patrick Darr came up with a great idea and we will run with it.

***WE ARE CANCELING THIS WEEKEND'S EVENT AT McCORMICK PARK***

New plan is to move the Semi Finals to our regularly scheduled date at Milo on Sunday February 23rd. Then we will have the Finals two weeks after that back at McCormick Park on March 8-9, 2014.

***IF YOU READ THIS CAN YOU PLEASE CALL YOUR TEAM CAPTAIN TO MAKE SURE THAT THEY KNOW OF THE SCHEDULE CHANGE***

Thank you to all who were willing to brave the elements to compete for Team Disc Golf, but I just can't see us getting out there and back safely with the threat of freezing rain. Snow is one thing but freezing rain is hell on a stick. It would kill my nascent compassion for humanity if anyone got hurt trying to attend my little shindig that we play for fun and bragging rights.

Oregon Team Disc Golf 2013-14

Week 1 - Saturday/Sunday October 12-13, 2013 Sorosis
                                Week 2 - Saturday/Sunday October 26-27, 2013 Adair
                                Week 3 - Saturday/Sunday November 9-10, 2013 N Bonneville
                                Week 4 - Saturday/Sunday November 23-24, 2013 Hornings
                                Week 5 - Saturday/Sunday December 7-8, 2013 Milo
                                Week 6 - Saturday/Sunday December 14-15, 2013 Timber
                                Week 7 - Saturday/Sunday December 28-29, 2013 Pier
                                Week 8 - Saturday/Sunday January 11-12, 2014 Dabney
                                Week 9 - Saturday/Sunday January 25-26, 2014 Trojan

Semis - Sunday February 23, 2014 Milo
                                Championships - Saturday/Sunday March 8-9, 2014 McCormick Park
                                Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                                Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                                Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                                Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                                Or does here stand the last remaining man
                                To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                                No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                                Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                                I’ll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X