Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's beginning to sound like you don't like your chances at blue lake after your performance this weekend. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

i suggest we dont change anything and play the course as is. what are you all thinking?

Comment

FYI: Slosh play times this weekend ranged from just over 3 hours to 4.5 hours. Groups that started at Noon finished at 4:30pm, which was the park closing time.
        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Cool. Finally, rounds posted w ratings. Been exited to know how tourney score spread would look like. Casual conversations w golfers got me bummed. I could shoot +3 ten different ways out there but never better. Looks like we all like to shave off a few and forget an ob or 2 when we converse, so its nice to see official #'s.
          Anyone wanna share their story of the day for those who couldn't get in? Hot rounds destroyed by #17? How was everyone attempting hole 11? spike hyzer up right and over on 2nd shot, or putter layup, then shot 3 thru the swamp? avg scores(spread) on 11 and 16 and 17. Hole 1 was a par 4 still? could hole 11 go to a par 5 after these turny rounds r documented?
          Yes...I've had my share of coffee...

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
            It's beginning to sound like you don't like your chances at blue lake after your performance this weekend. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Uh... I think I beat a guy or two on your team... soundly.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I wasn't trying to imply that we will be playing against your team at Blue Lake; we have a couple of matches to sort out before we think about that. (Although I do think that your dominating performance at Pier would not be repeated against DARKHORSE! at Blue Lake. You soundly beat Hanley, but barely beat Zents in a doubles match where he was playing cali). I was trying, unsuccessfully apparently, to articulate that you seemed to be whining for whining's sake.
              Last edited by all2common; January 6th, 2014, 01:12 PM.
              Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Sam has experience in both whining and winning, and occasionally confuses which is appropriate for the moment.

I'm routing for DH and GBS at this point in the season, but remind both there are two more events before the semis and you appear to be counting your wins a bit early. I might have to start cheering for the underdogs.

Has Jordan decided we'll be playing from the short tees and using the course OB yet? If not...
                Jordan, When do you anticipate making the decision to play the NAAC pads with normal BL OB?
                (If you decide to go with no OB, it's OK with me, but I think short tees and OB is possible in the time allotted. I believe I can even help make both rounds go faster.....)

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                  I believe I can even help make both rounds go faster.....)
                  Gas powered golf carts for all!
                  "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.Ē

Comment

Actually, I was going to tell Jordan I could forget to pick you up....

Comment

I'll remember that Wes. Ha!
                      "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.Ē

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                        Actually, I was going to tell Jordan I could forget to pick you up....
                        Harsh (and clever)!
                        With a captain like that, who needs enemies?

Comment

These are my thoughts on the Blue Lake. We need to get through this course twice in the time the park is open. i did not realize how short the window was (close at 4:30p?) If the gates don't open before 8a then we'll be hard pressed to get started before 8:30a. Even at 4 hour rounds that would leave no time for lunch. The short layout would be awesome, if they had the pads to tee from like the regular holes. In the muck from the Slosh, i do not see natural tees as being something we want to hazard. So i was thinking of ways to speed up play and removing the OB penalty seemed like a way to do so. I was going to add mandos to preserve the doglegs and go with the longer distance from the better tees. i am very worried we will not be able to get around the course in time.

My other option would be to switch the Semis to the new course at McCormick Park. We want to add this park to the schedule next year so it would be nice to get a chance to play it.

As far as playing all 8 is concerned I'll allow it but the 5th singles match becomes a 2nd doubles match.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                          Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                          Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                          Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                          Or does here stand the last remaining man
                          To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                          No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                          Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                          Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

I have not played McCormick, but I hear from the locals that it is a very narrow and long course with par 4 holes- Par +60 ish. It may take a long time to finish 2 rounds there also. I don't want to sound boring, but I don't see why doing something fun and simple, like playing Timber again, is not being considered..

Comment

We might as well play the rock

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post

As far as playing all 8 is concerned I'll allow it but the 5th singles match becomes a 2nd doubles match.

You sure aboupt that?

B'sSeems to chaneg the format radically. What if a team A is struggling to overcome another team's point total, but Team B plays a match worth more points that Team A? Does not seem, fair.

Stand strong, don;t bow to peer pressure, don;t change the rules in the middle of teh season. Players will respect you for it in the end.

PS: Yes. McCormock has some par 4s, and some narrow fairways, but I played it in a twsome in 2 hous 31 minutes, and you know I am not a fast player.
                                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X