X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi finals at blue lake

I was told that we were only playing one round at blue lake for the semi finals. Is this a true or false statement? Thank you Josh

Let me pour some gasoline on this for you....

Will the red stakes be OB at Blue Lake for Team Disc Golf?
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Quite the weak attempt at stirring the pot Sam.

Would you play Baseball with no bases? Tennis without a net?
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

As far as I know (and I know a fair bit )...

1. Two rounds at Blue Lake for the semis.
        2. No O.B. for being in the grass (off the cut fairway). Pavement & water O.B. still in effect.

P.S. Go Chiefs!

Comment

(No OB for being in the grass... - Gonna need some clarification on what water we are talking about. Hole 8? Hole 10? 11?)

I thought it was a pretty strong stir, Hagerty... having known the answer in advance.

BTW.. I have played football without a helmet...
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I'll take a turn at the cauldron: If both teams in any one playoff matchup have all 8 players, can those captains have the option of playing all 8 both rounds (like last year )? Sitting sucks, settle things on the pitch!

Comment

How about showing our appreciation for Blue Lake and all the work Metro does for the upkeep this course by paying for parking? It would be a Shame to see a large percentage of people parking at Hole 8. Think about purchasing a pass...they are now passes that hang on your mirror for $40. For $10 more, you can get two...can split the cost...$25 each! http://www.oregonmetro.gov/index.cfm/go/by.web/id=160

Comment

I will be very disappointed and don't really see a point in playing blue lake without the OB. I would rather play another course if we don't play by the park rules. How can a course ssa be determined when no one plays without ob? Our team got 3 parking passes today so we will be parked inside the park.

Comment

In most regards I am not the best golfer and I still think Blue Lake should be played with OB. I think removing the red OB stakes from play allows big arms to take over on the course. With OB it can be at least a little competitive.
                  "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.Ē

Comment

I agree with Jason. Remove the OB and the course is no longer about placement golf, it just becomes a long drive competition. Furthermore, without OB's, players are going to be spending a lot more time looking for plastic in the tall grass and having to re-tee, which will slow down speed of play.

Comment

I heard we were playing from the NAAC tees with normal BL OB. Of course, I was the only person in the room when I heard it.
                      Still, I thought it made sense because then we play a quality course, but with the time to play it twice.
                      Last edited by Wes Hansen; January 4th, 2014, 10:39 PM. Reason: I removed an unnecassary word. ...................People who believe in "Chemtrails" must not understand the basic principles behind cropdusting. No matter how much you might want it to

Comment

How will we play two rounds in one day? What if you are the team that starts on holes 11, 12 & 13? That's a pretty long walk-out to your starting and finishing holes, no?

Wouldn't it be more effective to put chemicals into our drinking water rather than spray them in visible patterns in the sky where it is left to the wind to disperse them?
                        Last edited by Sam; January 4th, 2014, 11:17 PM. Reason: I forgot a comma.
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

One doesn't pee into the wind Sam. I thought that was a given. Oh wait, that's what you're saying. Nevermind.

Comment

*) The NAAC/USDGC course is excellent. It is fun and challenging, with par 3 and par 4 holes. It has good flow, improved safety, and shortened walkouts. And it plays in 3 hours.
                            *) Changing the format outright in mid-season (from 2 rounds to 1) is ludicrous, and an abomination of the rules.
                            *) If we play Blue Lake at all, we should play it in the NAAC/USDGC layout, and play it twice, like normal, as prescribed by the rules.
                            *) Groups starting at the back of the course could carpool to the nearest parking.
                            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I propose that the choice of Blue Lake as a destination for Team Disc Golf is a poor one. I would rather double up somewhere else than play this course for Team Golf - especially with no red-stake OB.
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X