X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week #6--Timber

Will it be 8-9 points a stroke? Looks like we played 9 last year but the ssa played like 8.

Looking at the average SSA for past years it never got higher than 53 and 54 is the cutoff for 9 RPS. The SSA is showing as 51.92 which is squarely in the 10 RPS ballpark. Normally I fight for more strokes when I can but there is no basis to move from 10 to 9 or even 8.
    "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.Ē

Comment

i would be surprised to see timber at anything less than 10rps.
      regardless of layout and numbers accumulated, timber isn't worthy of a lower rps count.

just sayin'

Comment

May have read it wrong but reading through the forums from last year we played it at 9 because of the 3 extra holes.

Comment

We played 9 RPS last year.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

weak. shit.

Comment

Originally posted by couve discer View Post
              May have read it wrong but reading through the forums from last year we played it at 9 because of the 3 extra holes.
              That makes sense. If we play 21 holes then 9 RPS is correct.

Comment

Actually you cannot use the 18-hole SSA chart when comparing the raw 21-hole SSA for Timber. So what I have done in the past (when it was just 19 holes) is to make a chart for the 18-hole equivalent SSA for every round we have played out there. Last year was the only year we played the 21-hole layout and I had that info on the Weekly Ratings sheets but I needed that spot on the spreadsheet to record all of our results this year. I will try to get it back on the spreadsheet after this week.
                And to keep you from having to dig up last year's spreadsheet here are the 18-hole equivalent SSAs from last year: 52.49 and 51.99 from Saturday; 54.28 and 53.50 from Sunday. That makes an average SSA of 53.07 and puts us in the 10 RP/S range for this weekend's matches. It was our first time playing 21 holes and so I guessed wrong the first year. But I am confident that we are correct this time.
                I would always be up for a discussion on the mathematics principles behind this ruling. I like me some Nerdy stuff like that...and hell I could be wrong. I used to have Bellinger to bounce this stuff off of, he is the one who came up with our SSA chart.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                Or does here stand the last remaining man
                To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

I think he said we're using 10rps this week....? And playing 21 holes?
                  I will trust your math, as long as you DON'T explain it to me.
                  We didn't want any more strokes against you anyway.
                  I look forward to a spirited match against you folks on Old, Fat and Nasty.

JORDAN- I expect every Discrupter to be available and we will field 7 players each round. HOW ABOUT GBS? (LMK your lineup in the AM and I'll send you my match ups. You could have our cards preprinted with the names! No, this is not a PM, but I was already typing here, so....)
                  Last edited by Wes Hansen; December 12th, 2013, 04:32 PM. Reason: I will not discuss my reasons for editing. However, I will say that I love chocolate chip cookies and puppies. I only eat the cookies.

Comment

Short pads at Milo should make it 9, Timber should never be 8 or 9.........
                    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
                      Short pads at Milo should make it 9, Timber should never be 8 or 9.........
                      BOOM. I'm glad someone agrees with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post

BOOM. I'm glad someone agrees with me.
                        Doesn't happen often, eh Sines?
                        PDGA# 49616
                        Stumptown# 353
                        OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

I'm excited to go on a pony ride tomorrow .....

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                            Actually you cannot use the 18-hole SSA chart when comparing the raw 21-hole SSA for Timber. :

Hmmmm, why would the relationship between SSA and PPS change if playing a course with more or less holes on it? Say Timber was a 9 hole course with an SSA of 53, that's still saying that a 1000 rated golfer would take 53 shots to finish that course, lets say that 53ssa = 10pps. In my head I think a 900 rated player should finish that same course in 63 shots. Doesn't matter how many baskets/tee pads there are.

I'm guessing you have some data in the yahoo account that argues otherwise?

I've been too lazy to try and sign up for that group again. I keep forgetting my login info, hahaha. Plus the internet at my work doesn't like the new team golf site. So I'm in the dark, you might as well disregard what I said.

Comment

OK, finally used my phone to look at the new team golf website. Very cool site, wish it worked through my work internet.

I found a discrepancy in Rockwood's standings and results. The results page shows us a 3/2 with a total of 33 points, but the standings page has us at 2/3 with 30 points. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

See you guys at Timber tomorrow.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X