X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
    Therefore, a score of 13-3 is simply not possible.
    Thanks Lundy for the quick response!
    Corrected above.

Comment

Saturday only has 4 matches on the Standings sheet...
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Also...

Team Skinny:

Week 1: 10 points
        Week 2: 9 points
        Week 3: 9 points
        Week 4: 6 points
        Week 5: 8 points

As much as I hate to do this... that equals 42, not 40.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
          Wes, you DO forfeit any match slot you cannot fill (except for the 6th point, also known as slot S5 (or S10)). The S5 (and S10) slots are the ONLY optional slots on the match sheet. A team that fails to fill out any slot OTHER than S5 or S10 DOES FORFEIT that slot.
          I AM talking about the 6th point. Why it should be "optional" with eight players on a team (so- NOW, not pre-8 player teams) is beyond me. If less than 75% of your team shows up and the other team has their players, why should the team with a full roster have to sit players, play for less points and the team that can't get 6 players to come gets off without a loss? In the 7player days it made sense to have this last match be optional. Now it means 1 or two players show up with no one to play and..... nothing.

I specifically wonder what the other 19 captains think of this situation. I find having to sit players that came to play the worst part of being a captain. That the other team can force this to happen and yet not lose a point seems unreasonable.

{I could have manipulated my team's matchups this week to overcome this situation, but I told my EIGHT players who was sitting in the AM and PM and, without making any of my team sit the entire day, and drive to Estacada for nothing, ate the loss. Our loss was my fault/decision, but the rules should encourage playing every possible match... or do away with the 6th "optional" match entirely.)

Or add a rule that if a team has five or less players at a match, the other team doesn't have to abide by the "must play singles" rule.... or something, anything that promotes the the-more-you-play-the-more-points-you-can-win mentality that is part of TDG's appeal.

IMNASHO

Comment

I agree the fifth singles should be mandatory or forfeited. We haven't had it come into play but I still think it should be a rule for next year. Independence captain

Comment

I agree with Wes.
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I noticed this a few matches ago and it is still not fixed. On the new website standings Born2bfly should be 2-3 not 3-2.
                Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

the 5th singles match point should only be forfeited if the team does not utilize a single player to fill the slot and that team does indeed have the players required. if your players don't show, then you shouldn't be forced to lose a ?mandatory? point
                  There is a reason its called a bonus matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                    I noticed this a few matches ago and it is still not fixed. On the new website standings Born2bfly should be 2-3 not 3-2.
                    Here are the current standings from Jordan's spreadsheet "13-14 Standings.xls":

NORTH DIVISION
                    ____Team_____________________W_L__MPs
                    1st_Chain_Damage_____________3_2__32.5
                    2nd_Disc_Golf_or_Die_________2_3__39.0
                    3rd_Twerking_Toros___________2_3__31.5
                    4th_OREgrown_________________1_4__30.5
                    5th_Last_Team_Standing_______0_5__18.5

SOUTH_DIVISION
                    ____Team_____________________W_L__MPs
                    1st_Independence_Disc_Golf___5_0__50.0
                    2nd_Game_of_Throws___________4_1__42.5
                    3rd_Born2BFly________________3_2__39.5
                    4th_Young_Guns_______________3_2__39.5
                    5th_Oregon_Disc_&_Wildlife___2_3__30.5

First of all, as a sanity check, there are 25 wins and 25 losses for all Saturday teams
                    which is correct: 5 matches per week * 5 weeks = 25 matches played.

Here are the Born2BFly week-by-week results:

W1_Sorosis_____Born2BFly__8.0-7.0__DGOD______________WIN
                    W2_Adair_______Born2BFly__8.0-7.0__OREgrown__________WIN
                    W3_Bonneville__Born2BFly__5.0-10.0_Young_Guns________LOSS
                    W4_Horning's___Born2BFly_11.5-3.5__Twerking_Toros____WIN
                    W5_Milo________Born2BFly__7.0-8.0__Independence_DG___LOSS

That equals a 3-2 record. Where's the mistake? If Born2BFly has a
                    loss instead of a win, then another team has a win instead of a loss.

BTW, 3 out of 5 matches with an 8-7 match score is pretty awesome.
                    Last edited by Jeff Hemmerling; December 12th, 2013, 11:28 AM. Reason: Grammar self-police: an -> a

Comment

show that the is some competition on that day

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                        No. You can all blame Babuka for this one. We asked all players who were gonna renew with the PDGA to tell us and he spoke up. After the first month (and currently) he is NOT a current PDGA member. I told EVERYBODY that I would retroactively change the ratings for players who played under a lower PDGA rating. when I did so for Babuka it cost his team the first match so DGOD got the LOSS and Born2BFly got the WIN. That is where you got off the correct path, still thinking that DGOD won their first match. SO as much as you WANT B2BF to be 2-3 they are, in fact, 3-2.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                        Or does here stand the last remaining man
                        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                          when I did so for Babuka it cost his team the first match so DGOD got the LOSS and Born2BFly got the WIN. That is where you got off the correct path, still thinking that DGOD won their first match. SO as much as you WANT B2BF to be 2-3 they are, in fact, 3-2.
                          Thanks for clearing that up Jordan. It all makes sense now...

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post

I AM talking about the 6th point. Why it should be "optional" with eight players on a team (so- NOW, not pre-8 player teams) is beyond me. If less than 75% of your team shows up and the other team has their players, why should the team with a full roster have to sit players, play for less points and the team that can't get 6 players to come gets off without a loss? In the 7player days it made sense to have this last match be optional. Now it means 1 or two players show up with no one to play and..... nothing.

I specifically wonder what the other 19 captains think of this situation. I find having to sit players that came to play the worst part of being a captain. That the other team can force this to happen and yet not lose a point seems unreasonable.

{I could have manipulated my team's matchups this week to overcome this situation, but I told my EIGHT players who was sitting in the AM and PM and, without making any of my team sit the entire day, and drive to Estacada for nothing, ate the loss. Our loss was my fault/decision, but the rules should encourage playing every possible match... or do away with the 6th "optional" match entirely.)

Or add a rule that if a team has five or less players at a match, the other team doesn't have to abide by the "must play singles" rule.... or something, anything that promotes the the-more-you-play-the-more-points-you-can-win mentality that is part of TDG's appeal.

IMNASHO
                            Without taking a stance on this issue one way or the other, I do see the irony of this situation: for years Wes was the captain of the team that couldn't field a full team each week. I am sure that Rockwood had many years of frustration at having to sit players when they played your team those years.

But that said, I think that we are long overdue for a captains meeting and I have appointed George Adams as the man to make that happen. Anybody who'd like to assist him in getting this task done, please speak up. I am sure he'd appreciate the help. I'd like to see it some time in July so we can all get together and hash out what changes we'd like to see for 2014-15 ORTDG.

Comment

Oh, I see the irony. But irony has a time limit. (2 years with incomplete teams- 2 years with full teams....) Unless it's been longer....?

It wasn't just our last week I was referring to. It's happened before.

I enjoy the pre-match PM with the other Capt. when we let each other know if anyone will be missing....

(Implementing the 6th match as mandatory also prevents the "ploy" of sitting out the 6th match if you sweep the morning.)

I'm down for a meeting in July.

JORDAN- I expect every Discrupter to be available and we will field 7 players each round. HOW ABOUT GBS? (LMK your lineup in the AM and I'll send you my match ups. You could have our cards preprinted with the names! No, this is not a PM, but I was already typing here, so....)

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                                JORDAN- I expect every Discrupter to be available and we will field 7 players each round. HOW ABOUT GBS? (LMK your lineup in the AM and I'll send you my match ups. You could have our cards preprinted with the names! No, this is not a PM, but I was already typing here, so....)
                                Awesome. I haven't seen any e-mails from my team yet so I am unsure if we will be at full force. Even though I am nominally the captain of my team I do not have the time to set the lineups for my team each event while wrangling the cats to get the show on the road. Each year we rotate the acting captain role so I will let you know as soon as I do how many we will have to compete this weekend.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X