Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I look forward to playing with these two new teams in the mix!

Brian, what will be the team name?
    PDGA# 49616
    Stumptown# 353
    OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Sorry I haven't been able to post much on the new site yet. So for the official update: we have all 10 teams coming back on Sunday and 8 of the 10 teams are coming back on Saturday so we are opening up those two teams to new players. Yes, there was some initial confusion about the Sam Agee/Brian Cole team but I have seen a roster with 7 players so far, so we can safely say that there is only 1 team left to fill for Saturday.

If you know of someone who has been wanting to get involved with Oregon Team Disc Golf then you should give them the heads up that it is filling fast. As always with new teams it is first come first served. You can contact Jeff Hemmerling, Josh Dearing or myself to snag that last team spot.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
      Or does here stand the last remaining man
      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

• jdinteg
        jdinteg commented
        Editing a comment
        Josh Jackson (Salem Area) has 6-7 players on his roster, Matt Hylton may be joining his team and the remaining Hylton Baskets players left should be part of that group. So the 10th team is in and just needs a roster and team name to me within the next few days. Saturday is currently full with 10 teams, and we just need to get our paperwork done..

Updated the first post with initial cut at rosters.

Captains please contact me or post here with your roster (PDGA numbers appreciated!).

Comment

• George A.
        George A. commented
        Editing a comment
        Ill have the same team as I had at the beginning of last year...
        George Adams (c)
        Roger Anderson
        Brent Bisset
        Eric Wilberscheid
        Swan Wilberscheid
        Joe Wesley
        Jevon Schooley
        Tom Mocerino
        None are current PDGA members.. Use last years team golf rating
        Last edited by George A.; September 6th, 2013, 11:07 AM.

• Susie Sunshine
        Susie Sunshine commented
        Editing a comment
        "Swan Wilberscheid" Haha!!

• jevon
        jevon commented
        Editing a comment
        Go get 'em Swan!

Discrupters (with an "e" not an "o" please) are;
      1. Me
      2. Steve S.
      3. John M. or ??? (TBD)
      4. Claude K.
      5. Melissa J.
      6. Jason A.
      7. Terry Kinney (sp?) new
      8. Robin Sampson (sp?) new

and all the people on this list (You, yes you, Discrupters) should send me via email or PM their (whichever are applicable); name spelled accurately, PDGA#, current rating, non-member status, phone number, email and dates of events you know you'll miss (once the schedule is finalized).

Jeff, Josh or Jordan,
      When do you see the schedule being finalized?

Comment

• jdinteg
        jdinteg commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree Hemmerling, Lets switch wk8 Milo with wk5 Pier.

• Sausage Fingers
        Sausage Fingers commented
        Editing a comment
        We are still hashing out what courses we will play on which dates but the dates themselves are set if that helps you out Wes.

• George A.
        George A. commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with Jeff let's not play milo almost back to back

Saturday is FULL
      PDGA# 49616
      Stumptown# 353
      OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Originally posted by discgolfAK View Post
        I don't like the idea of asking people to drive to The Dalles, North Bonneville, or any of the other out of town courses to play 1 competitive round.
        then dont go.

Comment

• jevon
          jevon commented
          Editing a comment
          These are competitive rounds? So that's where I went wrong...

Rosters completed:
        Sunday: 95%
        Saturday: 35%

Saturday teams: Please contact me with your rosters ASAP.
        We are 5 weeks away from the season opener and while that may seem like adequate time
        to get your team together it always takes longer than expected with last minute changes, etc.

I would like all rosters completely specified by October 1st.

Thanks!
        Last edited by Jeff Hemmerling; September 11th, 2013, 04:23 PM. Reason: Forgot some words...

Comment

• jdinteg
          jdinteg commented
          Editing a comment
          Jeff,
          I have emailed all teams that I can, and called the rest. I will compile an excel list and email you the new 2013-2014 Saturday Roster when I get in touch with everyone. Saturday captains reading this, please send us everything you got soon. We really have a lot of work to do to assure we get a clean start to the season. I would like to send out roster lists early to have captains double check name spelling and pdga #s. Once we misspell your name on the 1st round, our scoring data uses that spelling to track your rating and scoring history, so we make you live with the goof until next season.

Mitch Bennett and I are co-captains this season for Team OreGrown. Here is our roster:
        1. Mitch Bennett
        2. Harrison Hogan
        3. Kyle Lorts
        4. Max Mulkey
        5. Nate Reynolds
        6. Jason Lewis
        7. Scott Spaulding
        8. Brett Kelley

Thanks!

Comment

• jdinteg
          jdinteg commented
          Editing a comment
          Harrison,
          PDGA #s for each player would help avoid being forced to start at 1000 rating. Your welcome to email those to me or Jeff Hemmerling.

I have PDGA# for Harrison Hogan #50989, Mitch Bennett #52703, & Kyle Lorts #46039. I'm betting Jason and Max have them, the other names I'm unsure of.

• Jeff Hemmerling
          Jeff Hemmerling commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Harrison.

• HarrisonH
          HarrisonH commented
          Editing a comment
          Jason Lewis #46658
          Brett Kelley #59443
          Nate and Max do not have PDGA Memberships but played in OTDG last winter, does their rating not carry over? I was under the impression Scott would be our only player going in without a rating.

Is there a 10th Saturday team? We can fill that spot if not.
        Last edited by DanD; September 10th, 2013, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• jdinteg
          jdinteg commented
          Editing a comment
          Dan, I believe Josh Jackson out of Salem has the 10th team covered. I should be getting a roster from him soon. Thanks for the help though!

Josh will have to confirm but I believe we already have a 10th Saturday team.
        Josh?

Comment

• jdinteg
          jdinteg commented
          Editing a comment
          Look up ^, just posted note

Team Golf Ratings

Here's how we determine your Oregon Team Golf starting rating.
        We use the first qualifying rating from this list:
        1. If you're a current PDGA member, we'll use your rating as of the 10/1/13 ratings update;
        2. If you played team golf last year, we'll use use your final rating from last season;
        3. If neither of the above apply, you starting rating is 1000 for your first match only. After that we use only ratings from your TDG rounds. The 1000 rating is not part of your average going forward.

Comment

• Sausage Fingers
          Sausage Fingers commented
          Editing a comment
          We do not start OTDG until the 2nd weekend in October and we will use the current PDGA player ratings as of October 1st. It is my understanding from James' experience last year that you can buy your 2013-2014 PDGA membership starting October 1st.

• Chet Chainley
          Chet Chainley commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah. Now I see the light and completely agree with you methodology Jordan/Jeff. I guess if it matters enough then we can fork out the cash and re-up. For me it won't matter too much. My one PDGA tourney this year is real close to my OTDG rating from last year. However, I can think of a teamate that we will be pooling our money to sign up

• Wes Hansen
          Wes Hansen commented
          Editing a comment
          Jordan,
          You will use the PDGA rating as of 10/1- and it is your belief the PDGA will extend the year end membership offer the same day. That seems a confirmation that it can't be done quickly enough to even BUY a true rating. Bummer.

Betwixt that and the new players start at 1000, I hope my team and others are OK just playing for the heck of it. Not much chance of winning.

Originally posted by Wes Hansen
        You will use the PDGA rating as of 10/1- and it is your belief the PDGA will extend the year end membership offer the same day. That seems a confirmation that it can't be done quickly enough to even BUY a true rating. Bummer.
        I believe that's not quite right. The PDGA calculates player ratings for all members, current or not.
        So if you played tournaments this year and just paid the $10/tourney fee, the PDGA is still tracking your rating.
        You just need to become a member for your rating to be visible (and to be able to use it for ORTDG).

P.S. I HATE THIS NEW VERSION OF THE FORUM SOFTWARE!
        Last edited by Jeff Hemmerling; September 13th, 2013, 04:35 PM. Reason: Added rant.

Comment

Any Sunday teams looking for a player I am available and playing right handed again, just came off of 2nd place pdga finish and I am on fire with the putts!!!
          PDGA # 31451
          2 Mini Aces
          75 Aces
          PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
          DISC GOLF OR DIE
          BOB CABAL
          DISCVANGO
          JEFF ELLIOT
          G-MAN
          JORDAN LEWIS
          JEFF HAGERTY
          JAMES GARCELON
          SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post

P.S. I HATE THIS NEW VERSION OF THE FORUM SOFTWARE!
            AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

Comment

So are both days full? Too late to get a team in?
              -Acerbinky-

Comment

• Jeff Hemmerling
                Jeff Hemmerling commented
                Editing a comment
                Sunday is full.
                Talk to Josh Dearing about the last Saturday spot.
            Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X