X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Disc Golf: When does this start?

Thinking of being a part of a team this year and was wondering when this starts...?
    World Tomahawk Champion
    2006 Orchard One Disc Champion

Good question. Jordan Lewis would be the person to answer that and he has not yet graced us with his presence....
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I believe this scheduled to start mid October. This tentative however at this time. Jordan is still seeking additional help running the event this year.

Bob

Comment

The elderly don't do change well...

Yay! I made it to the TEAM DISC GOLF thread!

Just like a home was waiting for me, all made up special!

Here's where we stand so far:

Last year I ran TDG on Sundays with 10 teams (I even turned away teams that were late to sign up). This was a fun time but it really took its toll on my home life by the time it was done for the year.

This year I wanted someone to step up and decide to run half of TDG on Saturdays. For many people Saturday works better than Sunday. That way we could have 6 teams in each half, Saturday and Sunday. We could grow TDG, and I wouldn't have to be running it both days. I can still do the computer work for the ratings and print all of the scorecards for both days, I just can't be out there both days.

So there are 2 scenarios:

1) Someone steps up and runs a 6 team league on Saturday while I run a 6 team league on Sunday. Ideally I'd like to see the Saturday league play the same weekend at the same courses. With league AND overall champions.
        Saturday October 18th - League play
        Sunday October 19th - League play
        Saturday November 1st - League play
        Sunday November 2nd - League play
        Saturday November 15th - League play
        Sunday November 16th - League play
        Saturday December 6th - League play
        Sunday December 7th - League play
        Saturday December 20th - League play
        Sunday December 21st - League play
        Saturday January 3rd - League play
        Sunday January 4th - League play
        Saturday January 17th - League play
        Sunday January 18th - League play
        Saturday February 1st - League Championships
        Sunday February 1st - League Championships
        Sunday February 15th - Overall Championships
        Each league has 6 teams in 2 divisions. Each team plays division opponents twice and teams from the other division once.

2) Nobody steps up and I run TDG on Sunday only with an 8 team maximum.
        Sunday October 19th - League play
        Sunday November 2nd - League play
        Sunday November 16th - League play
        Sunday November 30th - League play
        Sunday December 14th - League play
        Sunday December 28th - League play
        Sunday January 11th - League play
        Sunday January 25th - League play
        Sunday February 8th - League play
        Sunday February 22nd - League play
        Sunday March 8th - Championships
        8 team league split into 2 divisions of 4. Each team plays division opponents twice and teams from the other division once.

Overall if there were one thing that I would like to see from TDG players this year is for everybody to show up to as many events as possible. It is no surprise that the defending champs have all of their team show up to each event. To increase this, maybe the answer is to have fewer TDG events each year instead of more. I am open to suggestions. YAR!
        Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Having never played before I wouldn't feel right volunteering to run it (I think someone who has a working knowledge should though), but I would be interested in joining a team. I promise to try to play better than my PDGA rating, which just went down 3 points...

Comment

Got word this morning that WSS may not be returning unless Jason Mcgrew decides to form a team. he wants to keep his team name in case he comes up with a team. I will have to come up with my own team name. So, looks like this year may be the return of the Warped Rubber Putters. roster unknown at this point. PM me if interested. players of all ratings wanted of course. possibly 2-3 low ranked players as of now, I need some higher rated players now. Thanks
            All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

WOW less than a month to the first match and we have only 5 teams ? Is this right Jordan? I thought there would be a lot of people getting all instead I'm hearing nothing

The Green Bowl Packers are waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Madrid View Post
                WOW less than a month to the first match and we have only 5 teams ? Is this right Jordan? I thought there would be a lot of people getting all instead I'm hearing nothing

The Green Bowl Packers are waiting.
                Fine by me. Easier for me and no need for another person to run a Saturday league to accommodate more teams.

Comment

Has anyone contacted Denny Axmacher? I know that he wanted to form a team. I will talk to him this weekend.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Jordan, what is it with the pirate thing?
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Avast Ye Mateys!

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      Has anyone contacted Denny Axmacher? I know that he wanted to form a team. I will talk to him this weekend.
                      I think that you have it backwards there. I don't contact anyone. Like most disc golf events I put the event out there and interested parties are required to contact me to join up. I will probably see more people down at Willamette this weekend and hopefully confirm the remaining teams for the Sunday events.

And the pirate thing? Who DOESN'T want to be a pirate? Last Friday was Talk Like a Pirate Day and the Portland Pirate Festival was last weekend. So EAT A LIME ye scurvy bastard and be mindin the horizon or I'll come upon ye unawares and plunder ye right fast! YAR!<= Best.Smiley.Ever

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                        I think that you have it backwards there. I don't contact anyone. Like most disc golf events I put the event out there and interested parties are required to contact me to join up. I will probably see more people down at Willamette this weekend and hopefully confirm the remaining teams for the Sunday events.

And the pirate thing? Who DOESN'T want to be a pirate? Last Friday was Talk Like a Pirate Day and the Portland Pirate Festival was last weekend. So EAT A LIME ye scurvy bastard and be mindin the horizon or I'll come upon ye unawares and plunder ye right fast! YAR!<= Best.Smiley.Ever
                        Jordan:

What's the best way to contact you regarding the formation of Team Asshole Casserole? We have the people all committed and stuff. I want to do whatever I can to make sure that we're in.

Thank you, sir,

Erik
                        Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

I don't have it backwards, big guy. I didn't say "Did Jordan contact Denny?" I know that there are some who read here who talked to him about forming a team is all.

Speaking of teams, are we all back for GBS? I know Bellingers are in. Gibsons are in. Jordan and Gawain are obviously in. What's Elliot's status?
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by proto something or other View Post
                            Jordan:

What's the best way to contact you regarding the formation of Team Asshole Casserole? We have the people all committed and stuff. I want to do whatever I can to make sure that we're in.

Thank you, sir,

Erik
                            All I need is a PM with the team members with PDGA ratings and who is the captain. For members without PDGA ratings I'll need any tourneys that they have played that I can compare their score to someone who has a rating. I do believe that TAC has contacted me and should be in for this year. I think that we are just shy a few ratings for some members. It shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                              All I need is a PM with the team members with PDGA ratings and who is the captain. For members without PDGA ratings I'll need any tourneys that they have played that I can compare their score to someone who has a rating. I do believe that TAC has contacted me and should be in for this year. I think that we are just shy a few ratings for some members. It shouldn't be a problem.
                              I'm one of the members of Asshole Casserole without a rating. The only tourney I've been in was Sam's ToP at Pier. I think a threw a 20 and 22 over that day! Kyle thinks I would be somewhere around 800. Just watch out though, I'm getting ready to make my move!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X