Tentative dates for Oregon Team Disc Golf 2013-14 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Stubb is totally ready for an early season round too!

    There is no need to go to Adair with Stubb and Blue Lake in the mix and ready for prime time. Both courses have been tested with tournaments to show we can move through quickly.
    PDGA# 49616
    Stumptown# 353
    OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

    Comment


    • #17
      Week 1 - Saturday/Sunday October 12-13, 2013 (Sorosis)
      Week 2 - Saturday/Sunday October 26-27, 2013 (Bonneville)
      Week 3 - Saturday/Sunday November 9-10, 2013 (Hornings-Canyon)
      Week 4 - Saturday/Sunday November 23-24, 2013 (Stubb)
      Week 5 - Saturday/Sunday December 7-8, 2013 (Dabney)
      Week 6 - Saturday/Sunday December 14-15, 2013 (Timber)
      Week 7 - Saturday/Sunday December 28-29, 2013 (Pier)
      Week 8 - Saturday/Sunday January 11-12, 2014 (Trojan)
      Week 9 - Saturday/Sunday January 25-26, 2014 (Adair)
      Semis - Saturday/Sunday February 8-9, 2014 (Blue Lake)
      Championships - Sunday February 23, 2014 (Milo)

      This Schedule would give us the most variety, regardless of which order we put the courses in. Blue Lake would be the best to play late in the season to achieve low grass, and Stubb would be best early in the season to avoid snow. This only takes out the 3 peat Milo scenario and replaces it with the courses ready to be in the lineup.
      PDGA# 49616
      Stumptown# 353
      OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

      Comment


      • #18
        I like Blue Lake for somewhere on the regular season schedule- or for the Semis.

        If shorter positions are available, there should be a combination course that provides plenty of time to play two rounds.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
          Week 1 - Saturday/Sunday October 12-13, 2013 (Sorosis)
          Week 2 - Saturday/Sunday October 26-27, 2013 (Bonneville)
          Week 3 - Saturday/Sunday November 9-10, 2013 (Hornings-Canyon)
          Week 4 - Saturday/Sunday November 23-24, 2013 (Stubb)
          Week 5 - Saturday/Sunday December 7-8, 2013 (Dabney)
          Week 6 - Saturday/Sunday December 14-15, 2013 (Timber)
          Week 7 - Saturday/Sunday December 28-29, 2013 (Pier)
          Week 8 - Saturday/Sunday January 11-12, 2014 (Trojan)
          Week 9 - Saturday/Sunday January 25-26, 2014 (Adair)
          Semis - Saturday/Sunday February 8-9, 2014 (Blue Lake)
          Championships - Sunday February 23, 2014 (Milo)
          You and I agree on almost everything...

          You substituted Stubb for Milo. I don't think of Stubb as a real golf course, sorry.
          Too much hiking/trees/darkness and not enough flat/fairway/light.
          I think Milo should be one of our regular season courses.

          Blue Lake can be regular season or semis. Doesn't matter, let's just get it on the schedule.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
            You and I agree on almost everything...

            You substituted Stubb for Milo. I don't think of Stubb as a real golf course, sorry.
            Too much hiking/trees/darkness and not enough flat/fairway/light.
            I think Milo should be one of our regular season courses.

            Blue Lake can be regular season or semis. Doesn't matter, let's just get it on the schedule.
            I agree.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
              You and I agree on almost everything...

              You substituted Stubb for Milo. I don't think of Stubb as a real golf course, sorry.
              Too much hiking/trees/darkness and not enough flat/fairway/light.
              I think Milo should be one of our regular season courses.

              Blue Lake can be regular season or semis. Doesn't matter, let's just get it on the schedule.
              Your right it's a Real Disc Golf Course

              Milo mid season, Blue Lake Semis, then Milo BSF E/W finals sounds good. Lets finalize the schedule..
              PDGA# 49616
              Stumptown# 353
              OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

              Comment


              • #22
                Hemmerling is gonna get it right. He's one of the good ones.

                The TDG powers just need to tell us where and when.

                We'll be there.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                  Hemmerling is gonna get it right. He's one of the good ones.

                  The TDG powers just need to tell us where and when.

                  We'll be there.
                  I sure hope your right Wes, this guy makes me nervous. He's a bit of a loose cannon....

                  You know I love ya Hemmerling
                  PDGA# 49616
                  Stumptown# 353
                  OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    What about locks approach?
                    PDGA # 31451
                    2 Mini Aces
                    75 Aces
                    PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                    DISC GOLF OR DIE
                    BOB CABAL
                    DISCVANGO
                    JEFF ELLIOT
                    G-MAN
                    JORDAN LEWIS
                    JEFF HAGERTY
                    JAMES GARCELON
                    SAM GIBSON

                    And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

                    George Carlin

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by chris7graham View Post
                      What about locks approach?
                      the lack of amenities is the biggest drawback for that course. maybe in a few years as it gets worked in and improved...but no shelter/water etc. make for some rough tdg. i like this course quite a bit though.

                      Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                      Or does here stand the last remaining man
                      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        My suggestion of courses

                        Week 1 - Saturday/Sunday October 12-13, 2013 (Bonneville)
                        Week 2 - Saturday/Sunday October 26-27, 2013 (Bryant)
                        Week 3 - Saturday/Sunday November 9-10, 2013 (Milo)
                        Week 4 - Saturday/Sunday November 23-24, 2013 (Stubb)
                        Week 5 - Saturday/Sunday December 7-8, 2013 (Dabney)
                        Week 6 - Saturday/Sunday December 14-15, 2013 (Timber)
                        Week 7 - Saturday/Sunday December 28-29, 2013 (Pier)
                        Week 8 - Saturday/Sunday January 11-12, 2014 (Trojan)
                        Week 9 - Saturday/Sunday January 25-26, 2014 (Adair)
                        Semis - Saturday/Sunday February 8-9, 2014 (Blue Lake)
                        Championships - Sunday February 23, 2014 (Milo)

                        Serosis isn't as fun as Bryant or as challenging and Bryant won't be flooded if we play it early in the season.

                        Take the extra $640 from Hornings day use fees and do a players party or ctps or raffle at the finals. (no offense to hornings. I love canyon but I just like meadow more because of the challenge)

                        Blue lake will be tough to finish before dark but worth it.

                        Another note
                        I would like to start earlier especially on courses at a distance or with a chance of not finishing before dark

                        Josh

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by couve discer View Post
                          Week 1 - Saturday/Sunday October 12-13, 2013 (Bonneville)
                          Week 2 - Saturday/Sunday October 26-27, 2013 (Bryant)
                          Week 3 - Saturday/Sunday November 9-10, 2013 (Milo)
                          Week 4 - Saturday/Sunday November 23-24, 2013 (Stubb)
                          Week 5 - Saturday/Sunday December 7-8, 2013 (Dabney)
                          Week 6 - Saturday/Sunday December 14-15, 2013 (Timber)
                          Week 7 - Saturday/Sunday December 28-29, 2013 (Pier)
                          Week 8 - Saturday/Sunday January 11-12, 2014 (Trojan)
                          Week 9 - Saturday/Sunday January 25-26, 2014 (Adair)
                          Semis - Saturday/Sunday February 8-9, 2014 (Blue Lake)
                          Championships - Sunday February 23, 2014 (Milo)

                          Serosis isn't as fun as Bryant or as challenging and Bryant won't be flooded if we play it early in the season.

                          Take the extra $640 from Hornings day use fees and do a players party or ctps or raffle at the finals. (no offense to hornings. I love canyon but I just like meadow more because of the challenge)

                          Blue lake will be tough to finish before dark but worth it.

                          Another note
                          I would like to start earlier especially on courses at a distance or with a chance of not finishing before dark

                          Josh
                          Again, Bryant sucks. And Big Winds should be entitled to a home game! They definitly travel the most. You are asking them to make two 300 mile trips. No way.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by couve discer View Post
                            Week 1 - Saturday/Sunday October 12-13, 2013 (Bonneville)
                            Week 2 - Saturday/Sunday October 26-27, 2013 (Bryant)
                            Week 3 - Saturday/Sunday November 9-10, 2013 (Milo)
                            Week 4 - Saturday/Sunday November 23-24, 2013 (Stubb)
                            Week 5 - Saturday/Sunday December 7-8, 2013 (Dabney)
                            Week 6 - Saturday/Sunday December 14-15, 2013 (Timber)
                            Week 7 - Saturday/Sunday December 28-29, 2013 (Pier)
                            Week 8 - Saturday/Sunday January 11-12, 2014 (Trojan)
                            Week 9 - Saturday/Sunday January 25-26, 2014 (Adair)
                            Semis - Saturday/Sunday February 8-9, 2014 (Blue Lake)
                            Championships - Sunday February 23, 2014 (Milo)

                            Serosis isn't as fun as Bryant or as challenging and Bryant won't be flooded if we play it early in the season.

                            Take the extra $640 from Hornings day use fees and do a players party or ctps or raffle at the finals. (no offense to hornings. I love canyon but I just like meadow more because of the challenge)

                            Blue lake will be tough to finish before dark but worth it.

                            Another note
                            I would like to start earlier especially on courses at a distance or with a chance of not finishing before dark

                            Josh
                            Sorry Pierce, I'm with Chet on this one. Sorosis is a great course, and we owe Big Winds a home game. But we could switch it for Adair, hmm.....?
                            PDGA# 49616
                            Stumptown# 353
                            OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I'd personally like to keep Horning's seeing as how it's the only westside course besides Trojan. It's a fun course that pushes higher rated players more than other courses do. Plus it's Horning's Hideout... enough said.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I would just like to play the courses that we rarely get to play and especially the ones that don't get used a lot for tournaments already.
                                I still like the idea of a players party or something.
                                I haven't played Adair yet so I'd like to keep it but ultimately majority rules and ill go with the flow.
                                Either way we're going for the W
                                Josh

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X