• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OR Team DG: 2012/13 Week #11 Finals @ Milo

Week 11 FINALS @ Milo
    8am CSL, 8:30am TEE

NOTE:
    For the finals the start time moved up a half-hour earlier because we must vacant the park by 5pm, no exceptions, no stragglers.
    This also allows more time for socializing during our last event, the only time Saturday & Sunday teams meet.

PLACE
    01-02. Disc Golf or Die @ Darkhorse
    03-04. Droppin Deuces @ Good, Bad & Sassy
    05-06. Chain Damage @ GripLok
    07-08. Young Guns @ Team Skinny
    09-10. Born2BFly @ Putt This!
    11-12. Hylton Baskets @ Big Winds
    13-14. Dancing Cows @ Vapor Trails
    15-16. Oregon Disc & Wildlife @ Discrupters
    17-18. Putt It In Your Mouth @ Rockwood Roughnecks
    19-20. OREgrown @ Green Bowl Packers

Last edited by Jeff Hemmerling; February 20th, 2013, 11:04 AM. Reason: Removed season match point totals to avoid confusion.

Was this a 36-hole event? I assume the course will stay installed through the next week for the Brawl??

Cheers

Comment

It looks like Rockwood should be playing for 13-14 instead of 17-18 based on points. I'm guessing there's an explanation for this in the 100's of TG posts or on the yahoo group or the team golf website. However, I can't view the TG website at work, forgot my yahoo group password/login, don't feel like reading through 100's of posts, and I'm bald.

Would somebody in the know help me out please?

Comment

Vapor trails and discrupter won more matches during the season

Comment

Exactly, my understanding is if there was a tie then points would be a factor. Ultimately even if Discrupters had less points we won more matches.
          "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

i don't understand why we (dancing cows) are in 4th and Hylton Baskets are in 3 when we have more points than them

Comment

The team in each division with the best Win-Loss record at the end of the first 9 events will be the division champion.
              1.2.2.1. First Tie Breaker will be Total Match Points.
              My guess, and Jordan can correct me if I am wrong, is that this above section of the rules is applicable to all other places in each division.
              "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...?t=9685&page=3

At the bottom of this page is the final standing try that

Comment

Originally posted by murray the brit View Post
                  i don't understand why we (dancing cows) are in 4th and Hylton Baskets are in 3 when we have more points than them
                  Murray,
                  After Week #9 going into the Semi-finals the results where.

South Division
                  3rd Hylton Baskets W-4, L-5, T-0 Pts - 57.5
                  4th Dancing Cows W-3, L-6, T-0 Pts - 60.5

So after week #9 if Dancing Cows had a tied Win/Loss record with Hylton instead of a clear extra loss and one less win it would have came to points to seat your team in the semifinals. Points did not matter in this case because your win/loss record put your team in the 4th place slot in your division. So regardless of your victory against ODW, your team could not leapfrog over a team seated above you prior to the Semifinals. What your week #9 scores and placement were gave you the opportunity to play for 13th-16th place in the league. I hope this clears it up
                  PDGA# 49616
                  Stumptown# 353
                  OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

To summarize, your team's position depends on their won/loss record. Points don't matter unless there is a tie (of won/loss record, in this case).
                    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                      To summarize, your team's position depends on their won/loss record. Points don't matter unless there is a tie (of won/loss record, in this case).
                      I like your version better.
                      PDGA# 49616
                      Stumptown# 353

Comment

OK cool thanks for clarifying it for me

Comment

I removed the season point totals from the first post to avoid confusion.
                          I'm a little dismayed that people don't understand how the seedings work after all these years...

Looking forward to a glorious day of Team DG this Sunday.
                          Especially because it's my only chance to see some of you Saturday folk (and talk trash!).

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                            I removed the season point totals from the first post to avoid confusion.
                            I'm a little dismayed that people don't understand how the seedings work after all these years...
                            Really? This surprises you few people look up the rules, checks the old stats, or reads all the post we write addressing TDG questions?

Boy are you in for it next season buddy
                            PDGA# 49616
                            Stumptown# 353

Comment

Only things missing from this thread:
                              We are playing the BSF East & West Layouts (although a few baskets will be in short placements).
                              The top 5 matches will play East in the AM and West in the PM while the bottom 5 matches will play West in the AM and East in the PM.
                              The SSA will be played at 8 Ratings Points/Stroke.

And yes Stu, the layout will stay in the ground all week after until the Brawl II the following weekend.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                              Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                              Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                              Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                              Or does here stand the last remaining man
                              To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                              No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                              Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                              Ill not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X