X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
    OK. I have been thinking about this very subject. (The SSA not the baffling affect/effect quandary). Here's a summary of my thoughts:

1. Holes are in the ground and the Slosh group was able to play two 21 hole rounds in similar light conditions.

2. More disc golf is better than less disc golf so why the hell not.

3. In the past we have typically played 19 holes here anyway.

But the difference in SSA from 18 to 19 holes isn't very much so we always played it the same 10 RP/S. But the difference from 18 to 21 is enough to cause problems. So while the difficulty of the course would normally put it into 10 RP/S bracket I think we should play it at 9 RP/S for the 21 holes. (If I did the math correctly it comes out to 9.25 RP/S and after discussing it with Josh, who convinced me that 9, 9, 9, 10 would be too hard to figure out, we came up with the current solution. 315)

So let's all get out there early this weekend and keep lunch short so we can knock out the final 42 holes of Oregon Team Disc Golf for 2012!

I apologize. Not only can I get the usage of effect/affect right/wrong, but I am afraid that I will interpret the above response to my question incorrect as well.

Are we looking at 10 or 9 rating points per stroke?
    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
      I apologize. Not only can I get the usage of effect/affect right/wrong, but I am afraid that I will interpret the above response to my question incorrect as well.

Are we looking at 10 or 9 rating points per stroke?
      Wow... Even I got that ... It's 9

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
        OK. I have been thinking about this very subject. (The SSA not the baffling affect/effect quandary). Here's a summary of my thoughts:

blah blah blah

(If I did the math correctly it comes out to 9.25 RP/S and after discussing it with Josh, who convinced me that 9, 9, 9, 10 would be too hard to figure out, we came up with the current solution. 315)

So let's all get out there early this weekend and keep lunch short so we can knock out the final 42 holes of Oregon Team Disc Golf for 2012!

I think that the more important answer is 42.

Comment

Originally posted by George A. View Post
          Wow... Even I got that ... It's 9
          So it's been a rough week. Thank you for the response.
          Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by DanZ View Post
            I think that the more important answer is 42.
            That's what I thought, but it turned out to be 315...

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
            Or does here stand the last remaining man
            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

So.... the scoresheets say 10 RPS on the Yahoo site. George got 9, so... is it 10?
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Saturdays played 9 RPS
                PDGA# 49616
                Stumptown# 353
                OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
                  Saturdays played 9 RPS
                  SAM!!!!!!! Now what

Comment

I mean... I could see that being the case for the junior league...

What about Sunday players?
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      I mean... I could see that being the case for the junior league...

What about Sunday players?
                      Ok ok I get your point ....

Comment

Lunch

Jabber and I made some of his chicken salad to share with everyone. See me if you would like some lunch. First come first served. Have a loaf of bread but feel free to bring a slice or two.

See you tomorrow!!

Comment

So weird. You spelled quaffers wrong...
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Really Sam?

Junior League?
                            CHAIN DAMAGE

Comment

Originally posted by AChivers View Post
                              Junior League?
                              Didn't Sam say something about bragging is pointless in a Handicap league?

I fear the consistent 850 player way more than the 1000 rated one.
                              PDGA# 49616
                              Stumptown# 353
                              OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Great day!

You rock Hemmerling! Had a fun day with you today!

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                                Putt This would like to play the 21 hole layout.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X