Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy DG League: Who you chose and why?

Feel free to share your selections and the method behind your decision here. As stated in the rules, it's not required to share your picks before the event, but if you just gotta talk about it, go for it!

OK... who is the guy you picked to win the GNO in Advanced and why?
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

For GNO my selections were Andy Hock and Ray McKillop. I chose Andy because he's been on quite a bit of a hot streak lately. I feel he'll make the top 8, and I'm saving the top guns for later in the season. As for Ray, well, he's a Whistler local, and a friend of mine from my San Diego days. Also, he's pretty good, and I was surprised when I saw he was playing MA1 instead of MPO, I also doubt that he'll be playing too many events this year, so I figured I'd use him while I could.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        OK... who is the guy you picked to win the GNO in Advanced and why?
        Yeah, I think it'll either be they guy who won last year, or Big Ray Mckillop.

Comment

I thought as much. Is he "mine all mine" on these boards? Hopefully, we'll get a chance to meet this coming weekend - maybe on the lead card for the last round.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
            I thought as much. Is he "mine all mine" on these boards? Hopefully, we'll get a chance to meet this coming weekend - maybe on the lead card for the last round.
            Yes, that's him. You guys got off to a bad start, I think. He's a really good guy, but very much like you, he can be misconstrued on the net.

Comment

I am good at getting off to a bad start with folks. Sometimes a bad middle and a bad end, too.

Looking forward to meeting him and shaking his hand, actually. We might disagree on how we see things happening but I believe we both want the same things from our sport.
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Okay. Here's where I'm at. For the Washington event I don't know anyone so I pulled my picks out of my ass.

For GNO I went with Andrew Rich (visions of his crushing two years ago where dancing in my head) and for MA1 I went with Tyler Gist (I guess I'm just hooked on a feeling on this one).

Comment

I picked Tyler Christensen and Marcus Scheid.

Tyler did really well last year so it might be his year. Marcus aka Marc is a dark horse and his play continues to get better so he'll be one to watch in Advanced this year. Also, I look for him to move to Pro next year.

As for Downriver----I picked higher ratings because unfornuately I can't know everyone who plays disc golf.

Good luck everyone.
                  PDGA President

Comment

I am not in the fantasy league thing, but I can easily see Tyler or Skelli taking pro. Many great Pro players, but these 2 Portland natives are on a roll, and playing great!!!
                    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

It may be early for the BSF fantasy league, but for the BSF, my bet is on Brody Miller to take out the top Pros in the world and win the BSF!!!!

Comment

stop making posts if you not gonna participate... *coughing participate!

Comment

whatever Nate, you didnt hear me!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca View Post
                            unfornuately I can't know everyone who plays disc golf.
                            You just need to spend more time in front of a computer looking at stats and and stop wasting so much time in "the real world".

Comment

Originally posted by bvdisc View Post
                              Okay. Here's where I'm at. For the Washington event I don't know anyone so I pulled my picks out of my ass.
                              A fine method. I used it myself.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X