Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Ace: 2012- 2013 Bad Ace presented by Huk Lab

It's Back and it's better than ever!

This year we will be adding some new features:
    -You may opt to have any rounds PDGA Rated!!!
    -Optional $1 Cash CTP Pot, Optional $5 Raw Score Bet (winner takes all) Optional $1 per round rolling Ace Pot.
    -There will be a $50 Huk Lab Gift Certificate CTP at every event on the shortest hole.
    -Sick Metal Trophies and a Finale' Players Party at Dave Heiders Disc Golf Paradise.

Entry Fees are going up to $40 for the entire series due at your first event, unless you make PRIOR other arrangements with me directly. 75 player limit so dont delay. We had 48 last year and this year I expect to grow based on feedback and word of mouth. All Cash in gets paid out minus very nominal costs like Trophies and Players Party Food. We are doing away with Bag Tags this year as there are other Bag Tag's available through your local clubs.

Format: 10 One day events every other Saturday at 10 different courses. Each Round is adjusted with your handicap, and then you are given 1 point for every participant you beat that round, including the no-shows. After both rounds are complete you total you points and that is 1 of your 10 possible scores. The best 6 day point totals count towards your Series total; translated = you can miss up to 4 events and still dominate.

Handicap: Your handicap that is posted after your most current round is completed will be your handicap for the next round. In order to compute your handicap, the following formula is used....
    (Previous Handicap + Current Distance From Par+Group Average Distance From Par)/3 = Next Rounds Handicap. If a player has a larger handicap than the group average then they will not use the group average and instead double weight there Previous Handicap so as to not penalize lessor experienced players.Examples:

Player A - Solid Advanced/ Pro Player
    Player A has a Handicap of +5.5 (has to add 5.5 strokes)
    Player A shoots a 51 on a Par 54 = +3 for Current Distance From Par
    Player A's current round is scored as a 51+5.5 = Adjusted round of 56.5
    Groups Average Distance From Par is a 58 on a par 54 = -4Player A's New handicap is (5.5+3-4)/3= +2.16

Player B - Lower Advanced/ Upper Intermediate Player
    Player B has a Handicap of -6 (has to subtract 6 strokes)
    Player B shoots a 59 on a Par 54 = -5 for Current Distance From Par
    Player B's current round is scored as a 59-6 = Adjusted round of 53
    Groups Average Distance From Par is a 58 on a par 54 = -4
    New handicap is (-6-5-4)/3= -5

Player C - Intermediate/ Female / Novice
    Player C has a Handicap of -15 (has to subtract 15 strokes)
    Player C shoots a 72 on a Par 54 = -18 for Current Distance From Par
    Player C's current round is scored as a 72-15 = Adjusted round of 57
    Groups Average Distance From Par is a 58 on a par 54 = -4
    New handicap is (-15-18-15)/3= -16

October 27th: Keizer Rapids 10 AM - All Concrete Tee Pads!
    November 10th: Champoeg State Park 10 AM - Havent been there since it opened, hearing good things
    November 24th: LL Stubb Stewart 10 AM - 3 temp baskets will be set up to make 19 hole course!
    December 8th: Hornings Hideout 10 AM - 2 rounds on the middle course
    December 22nd: Cascade Gateway 10 AM - You can still make all 6 events if this is your first
    January 5th: Adair Park 10 AM - Some concrete pads and awesome new layout - Par 58 I believe
    January 19th: Wortman Park 10 AM - 6 Temp baskets to make an 18 hole course incorporating the regular 12 holes
    February 2nd: Camp Taloali 10 AM - Always a good time, but lets be respectful out here
    February 16th: Dallas City Park 10 AM - New 18 hole configuration, Ace Runs, hopefully I get to hand out tons of cash
    March 2nd: Dave Heider's Private Course 10 AM - Awards and Party Following!

Top 6 Scores Count Cumalitively, so you just need to make 6 events, more would be encouraged. Only room for the first 75 participants, so RSVP ASAP! As of this moment we are at 53 registered players, room for 22 more!
    Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Registration UpDate^

17 spots left and confirmed the most amazing metal basket trophies will begin being made tomorrow! Its happening...its really happening! Also we are moving the third event at as stub Stewart to Sunday instead of Saturday as there is no way i an missing the civil war: that i have a ticket to!
    Last edited by CarlitosBonitos; October 1st, 2012, 08:20 PM.

Comment

important!

17 spots left and confirmed the most amazing metal basket trophies will begin being made tomorrow! Its happening...its really happening! Also we are moving the third event at as stub Stewart to Sunday instead of Saturday as there is no way i an missing the civil war: that i have a ticket to!

Comment

Write in the rain (what rain) Scorecards... Check, Golf Pencils with Eraser Tips... Check, Bad Ace Schedules and Guidelines... Check, IS IT SATURDAY YET, I will be there about 8 AM BAD ACE BAD ACE BAD ACE BAD ACE BAD ACE BAD ACE BAD ACE BAD ACE BAD ACE BAD ACE

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X