Sunny+Soggy Saturdays in Newberg, OR Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • other series: Sunny+Soggy Saturdays in Newberg, OR

    Hey everyone, so I am wanting to put on a weekly saturday event together in Newberg, OR at hoover park during the late summer and early fall. Doubles best disc, $5 to get in, $1 into the ace pot, rest goes to payouts. Really relaxed thing, should be fun! Every saturday until late october possibly. Will happen rain or shine as long as the course isn't flooded. Wondering how many would be interested?

  • #2
    Originally posted by austinn View Post
    Hey everyone, so I am wanting to put on a weekly saturday event together in Newberg, OR at hoover park during the late summer and early fall. Doubles best disc, $5 to get in, $1 into the ace pot, rest goes to payouts. Really relaxed thing, should be fun! Every saturday until late october possibly. Will happen rain or shine as long as the course isn't flooded. Wondering how many would be interested?
    This sounds fun... If i have a Saturday free i will make it out...but i would suggest Ewing or champoeg as Hoover is very...well lame...towards the end of October my bad ace series starts up so you can jump in on that then...i now live in newberg...we shall play soon sir
    Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
      This sounds fun... If i have a Saturday free i will make it out...but i would suggest Ewing or champoeg as Hoover is very...well lame...towards the end of October my bad ace series starts up so you can jump in on that then...i now live in newberg...we shall play soon sir
      I would rather do it at champoeg but i hear they take baskets out when the weather turns so the course doesnt get owned... Also people who would want to play would have to get a parking permit as well ($5 for the day, $30 for the year) I have a year pass so im fine with it i just worry about others not coming because of that... Ewing becomes garbage when it rains
      Last edited by austinn; August 16th, 2012, 11:06 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        also tell me more of this bad ace series... seen things around the forums, sounds like a good time

        Comment


        • #5
          A couple things...

          They do pull 3 to 5 baskets at Champoeg, but it is still quite playable especially if we bring portables... I guess it really doesnt matter where we play as long as folks come out...

          Second, We started a Disc Golf Club this year, Mid Valley Disc Sports Association (MVDSA) which is basically a club for Yamhill County, we have about 20 members and your idea to run a Saturday series may fit in with our club if you are interested in joining... We have a Tuesday Handicap Series at Wortman in McMinnville, We run a Monthly Tournament at an AWESOME Private Course in Amity every first Sunday of the month. And we run a few PDGA events throughout the year generally in support of Special Olympics. We also Run my BAD ACE Travelling Winter Handicap Series. My series picks up at teh end of October and runs through March, alternating Every Other Saturday, we play 10 different courses, and your best 5 scores count, last year we had 48 paid participants and numerous 1 day visitors. Participants pay $25 to be in the end of series payouts, and non participants can show up and play for $5 side bet for best score on the day. We play 36 holes a Saturday and this is year 5. In 4 years we have had less than 1 total hour of rain! Anyways we should get together for a casual round some time and I can help spread the word about Saturday Dubs, and fill you in on some more local events including the Bad Ace.

          Timing kinda sucks as I have Tournaments the next 3 Saturdays, but I would definatley invite you out for our meeting at 11 am Sunday Septemebr 2nd to propose your idea and then at noon we will be playing 24 holes of singles and then 12 holes of doubles on a seriously bad ace private course complete with a top of the world shot to a basket on a 10' tall stump.
          Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
            They do pull 3 to 5 baskets at Champoeg, but it is still quite playable especially if we bring portables... I guess it really doesnt matter where we play as long as folks come out...

            Second, We started a Disc Golf Club this year, Mid Valley Disc Sports Association (MVDSA) which is basically a club for Yamhill County, we have about 20 members and your idea to run a Saturday series may fit in with our club if you are interested in joining... We have a Tuesday Handicap Series at Wortman in McMinnville, We run a Monthly Tournament at an AWESOME Private Course in Amity every first Sunday of the month. And we run a few PDGA events throughout the year generally in support of Special Olympics. We also Run my BAD ACE Travelling Winter Handicap Series. My series picks up at teh end of October and runs through March, alternating Every Other Saturday, we play 10 different courses, and your best 5 scores count, last year we had 48 paid participants and numerous 1 day visitors. Participants pay $25 to be in the end of series payouts, and non participants can show up and play for $5 side bet for best score on the day. We play 36 holes a Saturday and this is year 5. In 4 years we have had less than 1 total hour of rain! Anyways we should get together for a casual round some time and I can help spread the word about Saturday Dubs, and fill you in on some more local events including the Bad Ace.

            Timing kinda sucks as I have Tournaments the next 3 Saturdays, but I would definatley invite you out for our meeting at 11 am Sunday Septemebr 2nd to propose your idea and then at noon we will be playing 24 holes of singles and then 12 holes of doubles on a seriously bad ace private course complete with a top of the world shot to a basket on a 10' tall stump.

            This sounds awesome!! Would love to be apart of all this!! Tried pm'ing you but your inbox is full!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Message Box has been cleared out

              oops, silly 100 limit lol
              Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

              Comment

              Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X