Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So weird. It works perfectly for me in Chrome. Doesn't work for me in IE or Firefox.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/kIuyT9I...k_1_final.html
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Sam,
        Tried link in Chrome, and Firefox. No Luck for me.
        PDGA# 49616
        Stumptown# 353
        OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

So... go to lunchtime.us and join the group. You can find the file in the _2012 Lunchtime League folder.
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

why no 'bump' for pros who've played multiple years?

Comment

Pros are pros. They already have the highest handicap.
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

yea seriously, why is Xanders handicap so low?
                Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

In years past, the starting handicaps were reviewed between seasons, and adjusted according to what actual handicaps ended up being. The starting handicaps are fairly accurate for each division. The challenge is that handicaps for "Pros" can vary widely, from +5 to +9 or even higher. It would be pretty harsh to start those lower-skilled Pros (that are about a +5) with a huge handicap.

REMEMBER: INITIAL HANDICAP ONLY AFFECTS THE FIRST 2 WEEKS OF PLAY. After 2 weeks, it is meaningless (well, except I suppose for the points accumulated by that Pro during those first 2 weeks).

Trivia question: Has a Pro ever won Lunchtime League?

Answer:

2005: Aaron Pittser Pro
                  2006: Jason McGrew Nov
                  2007: Justin Ubel Pro
                  2008: Justin Ubel Pro
                  2009: David Babuka Int+1.5
                  2010: Danny Brown Jr. Nov+1.5
                  2011: Brian Riley Pro
                  Last edited by TreeLove; June 5th, 2012, 06:44 PM.
                  Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                  Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                  Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                  Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                  Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    So... go to lunchtime.us and join the group. You can find the file in the _2012 Lunchtime League folder.
                    Works great,

Thanks Sam
                    PDGA# 49616
                    Stumptown# 353
                    OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Week 4 is in the books. Babuka got the only ace last night to take home $214.

By the by... Jimmy's on Multnomah is our newest Lunchtime League sponsor. Attend League and then enjoy Jimmy's Happy Hour menu until closing.

Files updated in the Yahoo group. New leader.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

73 players attended last night. New Ace Pot of $67 went unclaimed so it rolls over to next week.
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

62 players last night. Kevin Meyer hit the ace on 15 to take home the entire $124 pot.

See ya next week.
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

And that's why I don't come out

So go figure the first weeks of lunchtime league are great or at least the first one is I stop goin because my rating was so high I shot -10 and still didn't make the top 25 so go figure I'm just playing for pride and a tag so no reason to donate my $5 and my tag for pride when I can do it any other time for free with buds no disrespect just ppl kept asking y I don't come out

Comment

This is a handicapped league. In other words, yeah... you're not going to win every week, Nava. And that is by design as who wants to keep going to the same league where the same people go home with the money every week? I mean... that's fun and all but that is what other leagues are for. In Lunchtime League, anyone can win and everyone can cash.

Week 5. Brian Riley had a handicap of 8.66. He shot -7 and took home $5.
                              Week 6. Sean Bolen had a handicap of 7.62. He shot -5 and took home $7.
                              Week 6. Jason McGrew had a handicap of 6.02. He shot -5 and took home $12.

Suggesting big handicaps don't cash is simply false. You have to be both smarter than the system and play well. It's really not that hard.

Also... I don't think you shot -10 at Lunchtime League. That has been done once this year by James Moore and currently stands as the course record. Last year in week 3, you shot a -7 and tied for 2nd place and took home $25. In week 8 last year, you shot -5, got 8th place and took home $10. Not really sure why you don't remember this but these are all shown in the files at lunchtime.us.
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Ace pot sits at $117 before tonight's sign-ups. Be there. A little different layout again tonight.
                                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X