Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin's DD is the longest running DG "happening" in my life.
    It's fun, competition and friendly people rolled into one. And more.
    The idea of someone coming out there and cheating, even more so if they are someone who has been doing it regularly and is one of the potential top 12 players out there, makes me want to throw up and/or cry &/or smash something.
    Lank was going easy on them. If the charge proves true, they should be banned for the same length of time they've been coming to DD- times two- at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
      Kevin's DD is the longest running DG "happening" in my life.
      It's fun, competition and friendly people rolled into one. And more.
      The idea of someone coming out there and cheating, even more so if they are someone who has been doing it regularly and is one of the potential top 12 players out there, makes me want to throw up and/or cry &/or smash something.
      Lank was going easy on them. If the charge proves true, they should be banned for the same length of time they've been coming to DD- times two- at least.
      Well Wes you will probably have your chance on Thursday to . Dizzy confirmed with me...he overheard everything that went down, but I need to ask one person a follow up question and if true yeah someone from the Top 12 will be gone. Yeah Top 12 . Sad soooo sad !

Kevin

TD The Dabney Doubles

PS - I do have good news... I will be increasing the final field to the TOP 16. Playing the regular playoff head to head to see who will play in the larger amount or smaller amount of $$$$. Also no skins this year going to play like we have all year random draw and best score takes the most dough in your division of the top 8 or bottom 8.

Comment

Tourney #13, Week 12

Well this is going to be a great day out at the Dubz tonight...minus one person . I still can't wrap my head around this why someone needs to do this... Wow! Anyway on to the good stuff!

It almost seems like an eternity since the last dubz... Had 72 players show ups to close the course for the 3rd time in a row and looking like today may be the same. Ace pot sitting at 0... Thankx to Camo hitting hole #2 by the roadside placement... $72 bones!

Had a lot of great CPT's... thank you for all your support!
        Jake Skelly donated a Firebird
        Sausage Guy donated a Buzzz
        Chris Leachman donated a couple more scratch-it's
        DC Dan donated a 6 person ride to ??? - WOW!

See you tonight!

Kevin

ACERS for 2012

Joe G. - Hole 11
        M-Ry - Hole 3
        Sean Helean - Hole 20
        Buddy Love - Hole 3
        Zack Murphy - Hole 3
        Matt McMahan - Hole 18
        David Gualtier - Hole 10
        RipCity - Hole 1
        John Margeta - Hole 6 (?)
        Camo - Hole 2

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Madrid View Post
          Well this is going to be a great day out at the Dubz tonight...minus one person . I still can't wrap my head around this why someone needs to do this... Wow! Anyway on to the good stuff!

It almost seems like an eternity since the last dubz... Had 72 players show ups to close the course for the 3rd time in a row and looking like today may be the same. Ace pot sitting at 0... Thankx to Camo hitting hole #2 by the roadside placement... $72 bones!

Had a lot of great CPT's... thank you for all your support!
          Jake Skelly donated a Firebird
          Sausage Guy donated a Buzzz
          Chris Leachman donated a couple more scratch-it's
          DC Dan donated a 6 person ride to ??? - WOW!

See you tonight!

Kevin

ACERS for 2012

Joe G. - Hole 11
          M-Ry - Hole 3
          Sean Helean - Hole 20
          Buddy Love - Hole 3
          Zack Murphy - Hole 3
          Matt McMahan - Hole 18
          David Gualtier - Hole 10
          RipCity - Hole 1
          Camo - Hole 2

Helps to put up the results..

Comment

Dabney will be packed tonight! It has happened in the past that they may have a full parking lot and they close the entrance till a car from the parking lot comes out. So may be some of us may not get in! They don't care who you are...they didn't let me in and they knew there was a tourney that night...I kept telling them I'm the TD I need to be in there...NOPE...then a car came rolling out and I rolled in LUCKILY. Try to get there as so as you can. Sign-ups still same time...just want to make sure you can get into the park!

Kevin

TD - The Dabney Doubles

Comment

Found cell at Dabney Dubz

Found cell phone at Dabney! If you can describe it's yours. You can pm me here or come out to Dabney this Thursday.

Kevin

TD Dabney Doubles

Comment

Tourney #14, week 13

Last Thursday was a great day to disc! The best part is that I didn't have to kick anyone out of The Dubs...looks like he received the message and didn't show up. Don't get me wrong if he does...bye bye! Still sucks!

Thank you everyone that has donated disc / art / lotto tickets for CTP's - Awesome

Thank you this week for CTP...
                Charlie T. - another beautiful piece
                Chadwick - Disc with a funny saying on it...you had to be there to enjoy it.
                DC Dan - Cool Buzzz ( I believe)
                someone else - disc I didn't win... sorry for bad memory

Ace Pot is sitting at 0 - Congrats to Dustin Clark for hitting Hole 10
                Dustin also took home two CTP's that Crist Garcia had pinned.

See you tomorrow!

Kevin Madrid
                TD - Dabney Dubs

ACERS for 2012

Joe G. - Hole 11
                M-Ry - Hole 3
                Sean Helean - Hole 20
                Buddy Love - Hole 3
                Zack Murphy - Hole 3
                Matt McMahan - Hole 18
                David Gualtier - Hole 10
                RipCity - Hole 1
                Camo - Hole 2
                Dustin Clark - Hole 10

Comment

I made the first page. SWEET!
                  I want to thank all of you that didn't show up and Camo for the round of my lifetime.
                  Sure glad I made MOST of those 10 ft putts you left me.

Dabney Doubles is truely a weekly event that jerks my sock up!
                  Thank you Kevin and thanks to all the great people I enjoy play a round with.

Most of all BUDDY LOVE, always a pleasure.

See you all tomorrow. Peace.

Comment

Too cool, I got to play on the same card with Buddy LOVE. Karma, right?
                    I played with Rocky. I've never meet him before and he is fairly new to the sport. We struggled and managed a +1. Birdy on the last hole, yeah!!!! My drive, his putt, we rule! Buddy and Shaggy on the card. My knee was killing me. Found a disc that was Jeremy Fancher's and got to give it back to him.
                    It was a great evening out playing Disc.

I love Dabney Doubles! Six and a half more days till the next one (sigh).

Comment

Originally posted by PhilStomp View Post
                      I played with Rocky. I've never meet him before and he is fairly new to the sport. We struggled and managed a +1. Birdy on the last hole, yeah!!!! My drive, his putt, we rule! Buddy and Shaggy on the card. My knee was killing me. Found a disc that was Jeremy Fancher's and got to give it back to him.

You da man Stomp!

Comment

Originally posted by PhilStomp View Post

When writing down your names on the card I got the biggest smile... I knew you were going to have a good night. Karma glows from Stomp!

I love throwing this tourney, because I get to see a lot of old friends, but then you get to meet new people...which is a possible new friend.

six days left Phil!

Kevin

Comment

Tourney #15, Week #14

Well well well we are getting close to the end of another great season at Dabney Doubles. We have 3 tournies left then the two weeks of playoff and $$$$ day for the top 16 players. I am dropping 4 of the lower points per person... you will notice in red x-# (my score is x-6, but Brody is x-22 his lowest points)... if you haven't shown up for every event your score will probably not be affected.

Thank you for all that brought out CTP's for the last week.

I had another amazing amount of players again... 71! That would have been 4 weeks in a row with 72 players...not bad! Thank you to everyone that helps with the scorecards, Grummert, Dizzy, Eddie, The Brit...anyone else that has helped me this year. If you haven't noticed the teamwork to get all 18 cards done as close to 6pm so we can play...it amazes me everytime I look at the clock just before we start...6:05 oh yeah time to play!

This has been the craziest year for Aces at The Dubz... another ace last week by Fella on hole 13 to take home the $71.00. Ace pot will start again at 0, but my guess it will be around $70 for Thursday.

See you Thursday!

Kevin

TD - The Dabney Doubles

ACERS for 2012

Joe G. - Hole 11
                          M-Ry - Hole 3
                          Sean Helean - Hole 20
                          Buddy Love - Hole 3
                          Zack Murphy - Hole 3
                          Matt McMahan - Hole 18
                          David Gualtier - Hole 10
                          RipCity - Hole 1
                          Camo - Hole 2
                          Dustin Clark - Hole 10
                          Fella - Hole 13

Comment

Three weeks for me actually to try and make it out still.
                            "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

Tourney #16, week 15

WOW!!!! That is the way we do it up in THE DUBZ @ DABNEY!!!

Another amazing evening at Dabney... I arrived early at the course...Dizzy and I moved a lot of the top positions and it seemed to play harder last night...winning score was only -10 . When I arrived it didn't seem we would have a large turnout. I was TOTALLY wrong... filled the course 72 strong! People were asking when sign-ups will begin and I said 5:20'ish. I started 5:20'ish and had people running in for the last spot at 5:37! Now that's filling a course quickly! I even had to turn some players away...sorry!

As of 7/26/12 I have had 223 different players show up and play at The Dubz... THANK YOU . I love throwing this tourney for you!

The big news of the night...no ACES! So ace pot next week starting at $72 and will probably be around $144...just a guess

Thank you for the CTP's this week..
                              Danny Wortz - destroyer (i believe)
                              Matt McMahan - Master's Cup player jacket
                              Adin - nice beer glasses.

If you check out the scores you will notice there is starting to be some blood on the page and the top 16 is more like the top 20+. We will see what happens next Thursday. Only 6 days till the next Dabney Doubles.

Peace,

Kevin

TD The Dabney Doubles

ACERS for 2012

Joe G. - Hole 11
                              M-Ry - Hole 3
                              Sean Helean - Hole 20
                              Buddy Love - Hole 3
                              Zack Murphy - Hole 3
                              Matt McMahan - Hole 18
                              David Gualtier - Hole 10
                              RipCity - Hole 1
                              Camo - Hole 2
                              Dustin Clark - Hole 10
                              Fella - Hole 13

Comment

Hey Kevin, I believe you may have put the wrong points down for 1st place last night. I think its 36 instead of 26.... which should put me at a tie for 3rd!! and I might just take that 2nd place spot before this is over...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X