Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We played TRIPLES! Doug/Art (with alternating person cali since it was triples) won with a -11!

Remember Tuesday night doubles starts THIS TUESDAY! @ 5:00pm SHARP! Please be on time or better yet early. It will be random draw best shot doubles, $5.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• Alright big turnout of 18 people! Ryan and Ming shot a -14 to win with Wayne and Steve Mo' shooting a -11 good for second place.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• Announcement!!!!!!!!!!!

This Tuesday after doubles starting at 8:00pm sharp is yet another NIGHT GOLF RANDOM DOUBLES AT TERRACE CREEK PARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have L.E.D's for sale for $4 a pop or $10 for three, that's cheaper than anywhere around including Lowell. Same old rules, no mandos, no O.B. except for the street, discs must be lighted or be a glow disc, INCLUDING YOUR PUTTERS PEOPLE, NO NON LIGHTED DISCS! Send me a message for more info!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• There has been some rain lately so I'm going to play a modified front nine layout of 7 holes, going around twice for the night doubles tonight after regular dubs, more info at the event later tonight. Remember I have L.E.D's for sale $4 a pop or $10 for three! Come on out, 5pm normal doubles, 8pm night dubs.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• 10 people out today in the rain and mud. -11 scored by Wayne and Eric. I'll post in the Terrace Creek section what the course fund is at, main and back up ace pot is at, stay tuned.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• Also, night golf doubles was a bust, too soggy and no interest.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• I put up how much is in the course fund and acepot(s) in the Terrace Creek section of the forum under "hate will Terrace apart, again".

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• Alright I have a meeting to go to about Bicentennial Park tomorrow at 7pm so I won't be playing doubles. I need someone to do payouts and hold the money for me, please let me know tomorrow when you see me if you can do this. Also I've been thinking of changing doubles around, still keeping random best shot but I've been thinking of a way to make it easier to cash for a wider range of players. My thought is to have an advanced group and an a novice group or whatever we want to call it so each team gets one novice and one advanced player on it so that two really good players can't be team up together to dominate scores, we need a way to make it so everyone has a chance of winning and the same people aren't cashing every week. Also May the 4th will be the first doubles starting at 5:30PM, more to come on all of this at doubles tomorrow night.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                    My thought is to have an advanced group and an a novice group or whatever we want to call it so each team gets one novice and one advanced player on it so that two really good players can't be team up together to dominate scores, we need a way to make it so everyone has a chance of winning and the same people aren't cashing every week.
                    It's a good idea, but the execution is somewhat complicated. Tim and Aaron have run it like that in the past. Deciding who is advanced/pro and who is int/novice becomes very difficult. Individuals have different ideas than their peers about their own level of play. No matter which way you slice it, end result, Wayne still wins, (most of the time). I personally like the competetiveness of trying for double digits under par. It's your baby now, do what feels right.
                    Last edited by Scott; April 13th, 2010, 09:41 AM.
                    Swallowing angry words is better than choking on an apology.
                    A pint of angry words--->

Comment

• Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                      My thought is to have an advanced group and an a novice group or whatever we want to call it so each team gets one novice and one advanced player on it so that two really good players can't be team up together to dominate scores, we need a way to make it so everyone has a chance of winning and the same people aren't cashing every week. Also May the 4th will be the first doubles starting at 5:30PM, more to come on all of this at doubles tomorrow night.
                      I'm struggling with this concept for Tuesday Twos this year. It's a great idea, in theory, but only works well if you have an equal number of advanced and intermediate players. Last year we as much as a 70/30 split some weeks. One week it would be mostly advanced, the next week we'd have an overflow of intermediate. When that happens, the TD shuffles people around as best as he sees fit. Either way, it's impossible to make everyone happy.

Comment

• Thanks for the input guys, just what I was looking for. I was thinking this could be a problem as well. Not being able to keep everyone happy is a week by week basis anyway, right fellow TD's?

The reason I went to random format was to switch up the monotony of random doubles all of the time and to level the playing field; at least more than best shot does. people didn't like that so I went back best shot and now people are getting tired of the same people winning every week so I'm not sure what to do. If this is my baby, I think it's mother was drinking while pregnant.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• Yeah, when we first started doing it, we were doing Pro/Am doubles which worked well sometimes, but more often than not, it was more trouble than it was worth. When you'd have days where only 3 or 4 "Pros" showed up, there was always a hassle to try to figure out which Ams were "good enough" to be considered pros. And then one or two times, we had the unlikely situation where there were only a few Ams that showed up (I didn't bother with trying to decide which Pros were shitty enough to be considered Ams).

I like the idea of leveling the playing field, and that's why I was contemplating the singles handicap league in my pre-Terrace burnout days. Jason Coke had a good system of doing a handicapped singles/doubles at NP when he lived up here, but it took a good deal more effort in keeping track of scores and divvying up the payout. I can try to remember the details of that system if you're interested, but handicapped singles would be the easiest method.

Funny anecdote: When we first were doing the Pro/Am dubs, somebody bitched to me about how it wasn't fair to be dividing up the players into pools like that. Then later, when we said "screw it" to the Pro/Am thing, and went to straight random dubs, that same player bitched to me again, saying that it wasn't fair that teams could be so uneven and some system should be implemented to prevent that. Lessons learned: People are prone to bitch, there's no pleasing some people no matter what, and chances are, Wayne's gonna win anyway.
                          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim View Post
                            Yeah, when we first started doing it, we were doing Pro/Am doubles which worked well sometimes, but more often than not, it was more trouble than it was worth. When you'd have days where only 3 or 4 "Pros" showed up, there was always a hassle to try to figure out which Ams were "good enough" to be considered pros. And then one or two times, we had the unlikely situation where there were only a few Ams that showed up (I didn't bother with trying to decide which Pros were shitty enough to be considered Ams).

I like the idea of leveling the playing field, and that's why I was contemplating the singles handicap league in my pre-Terrace burnout days. Jason Coke had a good system of doing a handicapped singles/doubles at NP when he lived up here, but it took a good deal more effort in keeping track of scores and divvying up the payout. I can try to remember the details of that system if you're interested, but handicapped singles would be the easiest method.

Funny anecdote: When we first were doing the Pro/Am dubs, somebody bitched to me about how it wasn't fair to be dividing up the players into pools like that. Then later, when we said "screw it" to the Pro/Am thing, and went to straight random dubs, that same player bitched to me again, saying that it wasn't fair that teams could be so uneven and some system should be implemented to prevent that. Lessons learned: People are prone to bitch, there's no pleasing some people no matter what, and chances are, Wayne's gonna win anyway.
                            Yeah I've found what works best for me is just to not play, I get bored with best shot random doubles and I might as well just spend that $5 on something useful or just hand over $5 to Wayne and Ming every Tuesday to save time, I can't believe people want to raise the buy in also, that's insane. I'll probably just keep it the same as making a pro/am dubs is more work for me anyway. The same people whine and complain no matter what I do so I know what you're talking about Tim.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• By the way, the top two teams from last week, I owe each player $2.50 as I screwed up the payout, sorry about that! Come and see me Tuesday.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• can we move the start time to 5:30 tonight or at least hold a vote to do so? i think we have enough daylight now.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X