Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see Wayne continues to take the younger kids' lunch money out in the play field.
    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

• TERRACE CREEK DUBS 2/6/2010
      Doug/Ming..-12.......2 3 2 2 2 2 3 3 2 2 3 2 2 2 3 2 2 3
      Wayne/Ray.-11.......2 3 2 3 2 2 2 3 3 2 2 3 2 2 3 2 2 3
      Sean/Art....-6.........3 3 3 3 3 2 2 3 3 3 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 2
      Bob...........-4.........2 3 2 3 3 3 2 4 3 4 3 2 3 3 2 3 3 2
      Joe/Mark....-2.........3 3 3 4 3 3 3 3 2 3 3 3 2 2 3 3 3 3
      John/JJ......+1.........3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 4 3 3 3 4

Good job everyone
      Pay out was 30/14 and 11 went to the back up ace pot.
      Any opinions on how dubs are going are welcome.
      Either write Joe (Jhellion) or Thomas (Sillybizz), thanks
      Last edited by JHellion; February 6th, 2010, 08:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Joe, awesome job running dubs this past week, thanks for doing it for me. We have played regular doubles three weeks in a row now so I thought I would give everyone a heads up this week about the format. We have played all the formats in the hat except for two and one of them we will play this week so without further ado ..... ONE DISC CHALLENGE! That's right you heard me. You can carry two discs with you but one has to be designated as the back up in case of a lost disc.
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• OK some updates are in order.

First off I'm going to be charging again for the course fund basically because there are some things I want to do to improve the course and it would be nice for me to have some money to go to when needed. Any suggestions on improvements are welcomed, please send me a PM or email (sillybizz@yahoo.com) and I will try my best to get what's needed done.

Also there was some concern about club money and what it's used for, how much is used, etc. I will post here and on the Kiosk once a month to update how much is taken in and how much is taken out.

Now we get to how this changes the buy in. I don't want to buy in to go up again so I'm going to lower the pay out. So the buy in for doubles will be $5: $3 to pay out; $1 for the ace pot; $1 for the course fund. I will make an announcement this week before doubles starts. This will all go into effect starting on the 20th of this month.

Please spread the word to the non internet folks.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• OK I very intense yet somewhat fun round of doubles today, if you were there then you know what I mean. We played one disc challenge, that's one disc per play the entire round. We are going back to regular run of the mill best shot for a while so all of you who were boycotting random format can come back if you so desire. Here are the scores:

Wayne/Eric: -11
            Aaron/Bob: -9
            Tim/Joe: -4
            Evan/Thomas: -2
            Kyle/Dave: -2
            Mark/Doug: -1
            Art/John: +4

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• NO doubles this week because of the Pretzelbowl, unless someone wants to step up and run it, in which case you better get a hold of me before 9pm tonight. I'm watching my TV show and going to sleep.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• Will there be dubs this sat?

Comment

• I hope so. What time does it start?
                  Read this ^

Comment

• There will NOT be a weekly doubles this week unless someone wants to step up and run it, I am playing Jub's BYOP event this Saturday. If you want to run it for the day please send me a PM or email and we'll work out the details.

Thomas

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• Sorry but I forgot something else...

Starting next doubles the course fund will turn into the basket fund, let me explain. I am trying to save some money so I can redo the layout and put in baskets at nearby Bicentennial Park. Lately some local players have been out there clearing some things out and there is bark out there like there is at Terrace Creek. I am also thinking of holding a tournament sometime in the coming months to raise money as well. I figure it will take close to $3000 for nine baskets, maybe more but I think we can do it! This would relieve Terrace Creek from new and less than serious players. Please PM me or send an email for any comments or concerns, thank you.

Thomas

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• Terrace dubs is still on I have just been lazy on the scores and info. Two more Saturday doubles and then it will change to Tuesdays at 5:00pm. Saturday the 27th will be a fun format day; the last of the season probably so come on out as I have a surprise format in mind, please bring $5 and a good attitude!

The course fund is at $866 dollars by my math, rough estimate. The ace pot is still capped at $300 with the backup being around $220-250 dollars, I haven't counted it in a while.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• Sorry but I forgot something else...

Starting next doubles the course fund will turn into the basket fund, let me explain. I am trying to save some money so I can redo the layout and put in baskets at nearby Bicentennial Park. Lately some local players have been out there clearing some things out and there is bark out there like there is at Terrace Creek. I am also thinking of holding a tournament sometime in the coming months to raise money as well. I figure it will take close to $3000 for nine baskets, maybe more but I think we can do it! This would relieve Terrace Creek from new and less than serious players. Please PM me or send an email for any comments or concerns, thank you.

Thomas
                          As much as I may agree with the need to rehab this little place, as it has many perks, I believe that this needs to be discussed with the club and voted on. I also believe that new baskets should go in at terrace and that Terrace should then donate the baskets (our older ones) to this project.
                          Either way I don't think this should happen with out discussion, as we are trying to build our club back up!!!
                          "Just because you have a club doesn't mean you're organized..."

Comment

• Yeah I decided not to go that route. The club fund is for Terrace, I'm just going to have to figure something else out, it was a bad idea I don't know what I was thinking ... just excitement I guess. Check the Seattle Club Forum for my Bicentennial updates.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• Just a reminder that tomorrow is the last Terrace Creek Saturday Doubles of the season, it will be another one of my crazy formats, a secret one that we have not played yet so bring $5 and a good attitude, NO BITCHING! Tuesday night doubles will start this coming Tuesday, the 30th, it will be random draw best shot doubles, flyer to come on the course bulletin board near hole one. 10am SHARP!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• a secret one that we have not played yet
                                Oh No, looks like someone's been hanging out with Jub!!!
                                No but really come on out for our last Saturday dubs, should be a blast, and would you take a look, it's even sunny out already, no excuses!!!
                                "Just because you have a club doesn't mean you're organized..."

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X