X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
    By the way I forgot to announce it at doubles this week but next week the buy in is going to be reduced to $5.
    I've made the decision to not charge for the course fund for a while basically because there is enough in it right now and there isn't much being done at the course and the same people are showing up every week and the die-hard players have put enough into the fund over the years that we don't need to charge you guys over and over every single week, that's a bit much.

The buy in goes down this week to $5, that's $4 to the pay out and $1 to the ace pot which is capped at $300 and we are building a back up, how much is in that one I don't know as I don't have all of the ace pot (I need to get together with Tim) and I haven't counted what I have but my estimate would be around $20-$50 in the back up.

I still have hand warmers from the night golf event which I will bring to doubles every week, they are free of charge. Hope to see you guys out there!

I forgot to mention that there will be a special surprise this week and I highly recommend that everyone come out.
    Last edited by sillybizz; December 16th, 2009, 04:28 PM. Reason: I forgot to mention....
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I lowered the buy in($5) and the turnout doubles. 20 people this week. We drew a random format and picked 666 doubles, which is 6 holes best shot, 6 holes tough shot and 6 holes alternate shot. Here are the scores:

Ming/Ron: -4
      Kyle B./Artie: -2
      Eric M./Anton: -1
      Wayne/Mike: +1
      Aaron/Evan: +3
      Andrew/Sheila: +3
      Mark/Doug: +4
      Joe/Dave: +12
      Don/Curt: +12
      Samantha/Thomas: +12

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Is there doubles this saturday?
        Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
          Is there doubles this saturday?
          That's up in the air right now. I might have to do the Christmas thing on Saturday and my family isn't real good about planning ahead. I'll post here as soon as I know anything. There will NOT be doubles on the 2nd of January because I'm playing Freeze in the Trees at Lake Stevens.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Doubles is on for this Saturday, see you all there. Still only $5, enjoy it while it lasts.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

OK next week Aaron Thor will be taking over for me as I am playing the Freeze in the Trees at Lake Stevens. It will be regular old random best shot doubles and the week after we will go back to random format.

Today we had 14 players show up. We drew Hat Trick Doubles which pays like singles but played like doubles out at random and it was a little confusing as it was the first time I've had to TD with this format so I'm sorry for that. Most of us had fun... Here are the scores:

Wayne: -10
              Rob: -8 (Second Place)
              Doug: -8 (Third Place)
              Aaron: -8 (Four Place)
              Ron: -3
              Chris: -2
              Brian: -1
              Nate: -1
              Eric: +1
              Dave: +2
              Kurt: +3
              Artie: +3
              Thomas: +4
              Jessie: DNF

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Aaron did a great job for me on Saturday, thank you again Aaron for doing that for me.

There were eight players out last Saturday, Aaron and Evan won in a playoff both teams were -4, good job guys.

This Saturday it's back to .... RANDOM FORMAT!!! See you all out there I hope.

I'm working on some ideas for the ace pot to keep it in check so we don't end up with an almost $1000 ace pot again, this was a bit rediculous, especially for me who is holding the money. More info on that to come.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

whats wrong with a $1000 ace pot? its not that hard to run a random draw dubs for 40+ people at the last minute just ask tim.

Comment

Nothing when you're the one hitting the ace... AARON! lol

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• 15 people out on a beautiful day filled with casual golfers and low scores. Pulled a random format out and drew best shot, here are the scores:

Michael/Kyle: -11
                      Ming/Eric: -10
                      ????????: -8
                      Wayne/Toby: -8
                      ????????: -5
                      John/John: -4
                      Thomas/Don: -2
                      Mark playing Cali +5

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• Originally posted by sillybizz
                        No one gives a shit so neither do I. I'm not posting scores anymore.
                        ??

I care. My name may not regularly be part of the results, but I do check them.
                        Last edited by killa; January 17th, 2010, 05:42 AM. Reason: figured I should write some words.
                        anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

• Sorry Kyle, I was in a BAD mood yesterday. I misplaced the score cards, but I remember the scores for the most part. We played Putter only on drives hence the scores.

-3 (Wayne/Ron)
                          -1 (Evan playing skitzo)
                          -1 (Joe/Dan) ? I think
                          E (Thomas/Doug)
                          +2 (Mark/Anton)
                          +2 (Eric/Brian) ? I think
                          +5 (Art/Curt)
                          Last edited by sillybizz; January 23rd, 2010, 12:57 PM.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• We have ten people put today and we played no mando or O.B. - best shot doubles.

Scores:

Wayne/Curt: -8
                            Joe/Evan: -5
                            Ron/Doug: -4
                            Thomas/Bob: -1
                            Mark/Sam: +2

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• Regular old doubles in the rain today, 6 people showed up. Ace pot is Still capped at $300, $178 in the backup. (pretty sure )

Wayne/Joe: -7
                              Evan/Aaron: -4
                              Mark/Thomas: E

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• Doubles is still happening this week on the 6th, check the Terrace Creek section for more info from Joe who is taking over for me for the week.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X