Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice turnout (ten) today for doubles in the wind and rain, it was a very tough round but a couple of teams managed to go way under par. Next week there is no doubles due to the matchplay event that Andrew Rivers is putting on so I encourage everyone to play in that, it's cheaper than doubles anyway. here are scores for this week:

Ming/Aaron: -9
    Todd/Doug: -8
    Eric/Wayne: -3
    Evan/Art: -1
    Alex/Thomas: +1
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Terrace Creek doubles resumes this Saturday, sign up at 9:30 (I'll try to be on time this week) and tee off is at 10:00 am.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

We had a turnout of eight people this week, here are the scores:

Wayne/Nate: -7
        Eric/Thomas: -3
        Evan/Doug: Even
        Curt/Aaron: +2

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

There was 10 people that turned out on Saturday, sorry I didn't play everyone, I'll be getting the score cards later this week so stay tuned on the scores. Also there will be some changes to doubles in the coming weeks, there will be a night golf doubles one night and a couple of other unexpected things, stay tuned. There will be no doubles on Saturday the Second of January, 2010, there will be doubles this weekend even though the tourney at Steilly is going on so come on down if you're not going to that tournament, everyone is invited.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

OK here are the scores from last week:

Ron/Wayne: -8
            Wes/Evan: -5
            Anton/Ken: -2
            Ming/Todd: -1
            Art/Rob: -1

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will be the last 'normal' doubles for a while. The monotony of random doubles week after week needs to be broken both for myself and for others. We will be playing a different event every week, we are going to play hat trick doubles, singles, and other fun events yet to be named.

Also, Tuesday the 15th of December starting at 6pm will be having night golf random doubles and if we get enough interested then it will be a weekly or bi weekly event, the buy in is $5, that's $3 to play, $1 to the ace pot (the ace pot for this and doubles will be the same) and $1 for a CTP, which will be either straight cash or a brand new disc or two, and if you want to donate a non inked new disc, I will pay for your buy in. We will play the front nine twice as I don't want to make people play the back nine in the dark. You will need to bring a flashlight, bring extras just in case someone else doesn't have one and LED lights or glow discs, and if you don't have any I can provide some at no charge, also whenever you throw a disc it has to be either a glow disc or have an LED on it or it's not legal, that means no putting with a putter that's not lighted, sorry.

I'm thinking of lowering the buy in for Saturday doubles from $8 ($5 to play, $2 for the ace pot and $1 for the course fund) to $5 ($3 to play, $1 for the ace pot and $1 for the course fund) but I want feed back from everyone else so I'm going to create a poll in the 'Terrace Creek' section on this website, please vote. If you have any questions, concerns, comments or just want to talk, either PM me or send me an email at sillybizz@yahoo.com

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

You da man Tom, I love the concept of shaking it up a bit. Triples is really fun and Terrace would be a good course for it...

I'm not sure what hat trick doubles is???
                'Weekend 4 Women':
                Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                  You da man Tom, I love the concept of shaking it up a bit. Triples is really fun and Terrace would be a good course for it...

I'm not sure what hat trick doubles is???
                  Hat trick doubles is where after six holes you switch partners, so if you are in a four person group everyone would play with everyone else. It pays like singles. The score card has separate scores for each person and when you and your partner get a birdie it goes on both your score and his. If there is three or five or an odd number in a group then there is a rolling cali as well. I can't take credit for this one, Jub and Jim run this at Arlington every sunday. Triples sounds like fun, I'll probably do that.
                  Last edited by sillybizz; December 5th, 2009, 01:52 PM. Reason: Bad Grammar/Spelling

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                    Hat trick doubles is where after six holes you switch partners, so if you are in a four person group everyone would play with everyone else. It pays like singles. The score card has separate scores for each person and when you and your partner get a birdie it goes on both your score and his. If there is three or five or an odd number in a group then there is a rolling cali as well. I can't credit for this one, Jub and Jim run this at Arlington every sunday. Triples sounds like fun, I'll probably do that.
                    Hat trick sounds like fun too! It would help eliminate some of the pro/pro pairing advantage since you'd only get them for a few holes. Of course you could get a foursome like Wayne, Ming, Aaron, and Eric in which case you'd be screwed anyway
                    'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Hat trick sounds like fun too! It would help eliminate some of the pro/pro pairing advantage since you'd only get them for a few holes. Of course you could get a foursome like Wayne, Ming, Aaron, and Eric in which case you'd be screwed anyway
                      Yeah that would be a brutal group to try and beat for sure but that would be a rare case, most times I have played HTD it's pretty fair groupings but of course it's all random.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

It was a cold day with slick tee pads but sunny, here are the scores from this mornings doubles:

Wayne/Art: -7
                        Andrew Rivers playing Cali: -4
                        Joe/Mickey: -3
                        Todd/Sheila: -3
                        Doug/Evan: -3
                        Eric/Thomas: -1

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Just to let everyone know this Saturday will be random format, there are about a dozen different formats and we will draw to see which one we will play the day of, so no one knows in advance. From here on out we will play random format EXCEPT the first Saturday of the month which will be normal best shot random doubles. The ace pot is in effect and it is at $300 and will be capped there for a while to build a back up pot. If you have any format ideas for doubles please send me a message, I have a bunch already, and a couple I made up.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Had a good turnout this morning in the 25 degree weather. We picked a format at random out of the bag and we played 18 holes of tough shot doubles! Here are the scores for this week:

Wayne/Kyle B: +4
                            Evan/Joe: +5
                            Andrew/Doug: +6
                            Artie playing skitzo: +12
                            Sheila/Thomas: +16

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Tough shot was fun and it didn't even take as long as I thought it might
                              'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Tough shot was fun and it didn't even take as long as I thought it might
                                Wait till WORST shot!

By the way I forgot to announce it at doubles this week but next week the buy in is going to be reduced to $5. That's $3 to payout, $1 to the ace pot and $1 to the stinking course fund.

NO MORE COURSE FUND, READ POST NUMBER 91
                                Last edited by sillybizz; December 16th, 2009, 03:29 PM.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X