Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, not a bad idea. Though, before we had our real kiosk, we had a little sign staked in the ground RIGHT NEXT to the first tee, and it was amazing how many people never even noticed it was there. Actual conversation that was had:
    "You guys playing in the tourney coming up?"
    "There's a tourney?"
    "Yeah, there's a flyer on the sign next to 1's tee."
    "Huh?"
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I talked to "the material guy" he was sick with a bad cold (i guess his phone was sick as well?) do we want to try this again on sat? i still like my idea of taking entry fees then when it comes time to hand out cards we hand out tools and say no dubs till some work gets done and no refunds.

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post
        I talked to "the material guy" he was sick with a bad cold (i guess his phone was sick as well?) do we want to try this again on sat? i still like my idea of taking entry fees then when it comes time to hand out cards we hand out tools and say no dubs till some work gets done and no refunds.
        I could make that happen!
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I'd be up for trying again on Saturday, provided the weather ain't too crappy.

Comment

Hey Tim did you guys put in a 19th hole or something? There's tape on hole 18's basket, which is supposed to indicate where the next hole is, I looked for about an hour for hole 19 what the hell?!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

After a long sabbatical, I'll be back at dubs on Saturday -- and you can count on me to stick around afterward for any gruntin' and sweatin' that goes on.
              anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

Your the man Kyle, I'll see you there tomorrow!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

We had a surprisingly productive work party today, thanks to both Aarons (Thor and Holley), Evan T., Old Beans, Curt M., Tom (sillybizz), and Art. And also thanks for the Kyle for the intention to work, even though he got called in early to his work that pays. Extra thanks to Curt for providing us with a bunch of 4x4's. Today, we got holes dug and post set for tee signs on the front 9, as well as some refurbishing to a couple tee pads and the pathway off of #3. Thanks for pitching in, everyone, Terrace is gettin' better all the time.

Comment

OK, guys, I know a lot is happening this weekend, which will affect our turnout for doubles tomorrow, but just to let you all know I will be there and doubles will still be in effect as long as we have at least four people show up.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

huge turnout this week, five people! A little weak from last weeks nineteen but since tourneys are being held on the same day I understand. I have been wanting to post the scores for doubles for a while but not every group turns in their score cards but since this week there was only one group, and I had control over the card, I will post them now.

Wayne/Tom: -7
                      Alex playing cali: -6
                      Mark/Steve B.: +5

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Alright, another five whole people, big turn out, here's the scores:

Eric M. playing skitzo: -10
                        Wayne/Alex: -3
                        Steve B./Tom: +5

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Just a heads up for those that aren't going to be headed up to the Hwy. 9 tourney this weekend, I'll be running doubles, and plan to work on the course afterwards. We're hoping to get the rest of the posts for tee signs into the ground, and clean up a couple spots for Terror Creek next weekend. I know it's short notice (not like it makes a difference anyway), but if anybody is up for pitching in, we're more than happy for the help!

Comment

We had 10 people show up for dubs this weekend, which might not be a lot, but hey, it was double the previous weeks' turnouts! Ming and Andy F. won, Old Bones and Evan T. got 2nd (I forget the scores).

We had a few people stay on to help with the work party, thank you Aaron, Evan, Curt, Mark, and Old Bones. We now have teesign posts for all the holes (at least all the ones we don't forsee moving in the future.) Thanks for the help everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                              We had 10 people show up for dubs this weekend, which might not be a lot, but hey, it was double the previous weeks' turnouts! Ming and Andy F. won, Old Bones and Evan T. got 2nd (I forget the scores).

We had a few people stay on to help with the work party, thank you Aaron, Evan, Curt, Mark, and Old Bones. We now have teesign posts for all the holes (at least all the ones we don't forsee moving in the future.) Thanks for the help everyone!
                              Thanks for letting me play Highway 9 Tim, it was tons of fun even if I suck. Our very own Alex won the am division with -6 between Lake Stevens and Arlington and along the way stole one of the three CTP's I had at one point though I still ended up with one, Bill Clark stole the other one from me, last group to play that hole and he parks his disc laying against the pole, though to be fair it was his basket we used for that island hole. Good job on the work party fellas, I'm sorry I wasn't there to participate but glad you got the rest of the posts in. What the heck man as soon as there is news I'm not running Terrace dubs the turnout doubles?!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Ok! Terrace doubles is back on ladies and gentlemen. I will be out there even if it's raining really hard as I have an umbrella and am not a big wuss, so if you don't come out and play you are a big wuss!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X