Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so are we on for dubs tonight? if so what is the start time? and thanks for volunteering to run dubs.

Comment

yeah, I got a confirmation email back from Tom, so it is a go. I would assume that it'd be the same 5:15 start time, too.

And just so nobody forgets...even though Aaron took home the fat stack, there IS still $300 up for grabs!
      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Doubles is still on everyone! 5:15PM start time, please sign up by 5:00PM so that we can start on time. The ace pot is well over $300! See you all tomorrow and yes I'm actually playing, fresh off my back and ankle injuries.
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

All good, except one correction--the ace pot will be capped at $300 for a while, until we can build up a backup of $300 again. THEN, it'll start growing again.

Comment

oops, sorry, Tim is right.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

If it's raining this week, please meet at the gazeebo on the other side of hole one, next to the playground and basket for hole five, thank you.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

This week or next will most likely be the last tuesday doubles this season due to ovious daylight restrictions. My guess would be moving it to saturday but I'm not sure yet what time or anything exactly so stay tuned.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Tuesday doubles are now being moved to saturdays at 10am. This will start the 19th of September, that's next saturday not this saturday as I said at doubles tonight, I forgot about the Ace Race at Dalaiwood and the tourney at Crystal Mountain which both are being held this saturday. See you all next saturday!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Sillybizz is going to be out of town this weekend, so I'll be taking over doubles this week. Afterwards, we'll be having a little work party to help spruce up the course a bit and tie up some loose ends. So come on out and get your golf on, and then give back a little sumpin' to the course!

Comment

Thanks for taking over for me on saturday Tim. I had a blast in Spokane and Coeur D'Alene and I am back and I will be at doubles this saturday. I haven't been to the course since I've been back so I am wondering how the work party went, I have faith in you all though, I'm sure you did a great job, sorry again that I couldn't help out. See you all this weekend, both days.

Thomas

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Heh, don't raise your expectations too high. As per the typical work party situation, there were only a few of us that stuck around. And our materials supplier was MIA, so we did what we could. We agreed that fixing the leg breaker hole on 2's teepad was a priority, and like inspecting a house for termites, we saw more and more stuff that needed fixing. So we spent the whole time trying to get that tee area into better shape.

I've put little bands of yellow duct tape on the rungs of the baskets as directional indicators to the next teepad. I'd heard of this idea before, but got to experience it firsthand at one or two of the courses in OR. It really helps for people not familiar with the layout of a course, especially one as wacky as Terrace's--I just hope people are able to put 2 and 2 together as to why the tape is there. I also did what I could to clear out the blackberries on 12's green...they'll need to be uprooted to be a final solution, but they're at least beaten back for the time being.

Comment

That's really too bad. Tim anytime you need me for anything disc golf related, work parties, tourney help, just to play, bitching sessions, whatever, you know I will usually help, I'm feeling a little guilty for not being there with the two of you, I'm guessing it was you and Evan? I know what your talking about with the tape I have seen that before, anything to help with navigating the un navigatable (lol) Terrace Creek is a good idea.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                            I've put little bands of yellow duct tape on the rungs of the baskets as directional indicators to the next teepad. I'd heard of this idea before, but got to experience it firsthand at one or two of the courses in OR. It really helps for people not familiar with the layout of a course, especially one as wacky as Terrace's--I just hope people are able to put 2 and 2 together as to why the tape is there. I also did what I could to clear out the blackberries on 12's green...they'll need to be uprooted to be a final solution, but they're at least beaten back for the time being.
                            Funny - the only time I've ever seen these was in your neighborhood, at Seatac. And they really helped, too.

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                              That's really too bad. Tim anytime you need me for anything disc golf related, work parties, tourney help, just to play, bitching sessions, whatever, you know I will usually help, I'm feeling a little guilty for not being there with the two of you, I'm guessing it was you and Evan? I know what your talking about with the tape I have seen that before, anything to help with navigating the un navigatable (lol) Terrace Creek is a good idea.
                              Yeah, Evan was there, but also Aaron, Samantha helped out. And Kyle B. showed up to pitch in, even though he didn't play in dubs. Eric was there too, but he didn't do much more than drink Long Hammers and smoke cigarettes, and talk about how nice it was to not be working. No need to feel guilty, you were out of town, and there was only so much we could do without materials anyway.

Originally posted by Scott
                              Funny - the only time I've ever seen these was in your neighborhood, at Seatac. And they really helped, too.
                              Yeah, that's true, I guess the first time I saw it was at Seatac, but those were basically little flags with arrows pointing you in the direction. Those would get ripped off pretty regularly. Instead, this is just tape wrapped around whichever rung is the closest to the right direction. I think I saw this done at Bryant and/or Waterloo (it's hard to remember the details after so many courses in a short time). I'd also heard someone that had an idea of doing that at Steilli, each layout being a different color code, and have a ring of tape on each basket pointing where to go next. I think that'd be a great aid in figuring out how to get around there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                                Yeah, that's true, I guess the first time I saw it was at Seatac, but those were basically little flags with arrows pointing you in the direction. Those would get ripped off pretty regularly. Instead, this is just tape wrapped around whichever rung is the closest to the right direction. I think I saw this done at Bryant and/or Waterloo (it's hard to remember the details after so many courses in a short time). I'd also heard someone that had an idea of doing that at Steilli, each layout being a different color code, and have a ring of tape on each basket pointing where to go next. I think that'd be a great aid in figuring out how to get around there.
                                Ah, I gotcha. A little note by hole 1 explaining what the tape is for may be a big help. If I remember correctly it took me a few holes to figure it out. Then again, I'm not the sharpest crayon in the shed.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X