X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the acepot these days?

Last rumor I heard was over $800. Is it true?

Comment

What? Over $800? That's preposterous! It's like $780...these rumor mongers, man, they exaggerate everything! Though, as long as more than 10 people show up tomorrow, it should be over 800 then.

Had a few close calls last week, one guy aced #3 before doubles began, one guy on my card hit chains on #1, and someone else hit 13 solidly, but the single chains didn't hold hit in.

But, the old broken yellow bandit on #13 has been replaced with a shiny new Chainstar, thanks to money raised from doubles. An ace could be a hell of a way to break it in!
      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Smaller than expected turnout this past week, only 28 people showed up to take a stab at the ace pot. Once again, it wasn't hit and moves on to next week. I almost got to see one of the best aces of all time though...Ian Markusson let fly one of the most beautiful shots I've seen on 18, fast, clean, low and pure, just a straight line shot down the right side of the fairway, perfect fade towards the basket, and then a skip off the rim with a little chain tickle to boot. 6" to the right, and it would have been a beautiful 500' ace. But, unfortunately for Ian, it didn't happen. Sooo, now the ace pot stands at a respectable $836 or so? Can we get this thing to 4 digits!?

Anyway, the important announcement is that since daylight is becoming a commodity once again, we're moving the start time to 5:15 SHARP. Be sure to let the non-internet folk know!

Comment

Well, two words come to mind, and those would be "Dangit, Bobby!"

Interesting turn of events tonight at doubles. People were so eager to play they were practically handing me money as I was parking my car, and due to light limitations and the layout of Terrace, I decided to cap the registration to 44 people tonight. I ended up having to turn at least 6 people away, which I felt bad about, but felt it was necessary. As fate would have it, something got screwed up in the registrations and someone's name didn't get written down, so I ended up without a card and didn't play. So the cookie crumbles.

But, as I was picking up some necessities at the grocery store, I got a call from Aaron. Sounding a bit hoarse and out of breath, he reported that he just got what is now #14 (the new basket, go figure). For those keeping track, it was Aaron that cleaned out the ace pot LAST time too. On what was then the newest basket at the time.

In any case, Aaron is now $900+ richer...that is if he can ever find me! Congrats, Aaron! I wish I'd been able to get it with my car going in the shop in a couple days, but oh well, waddayagonnado?

On another note, as I mentioned earlier, now that the ace has been hit, I'm gonna take a break from running dubs for a while. No further details as of yet, but I'll be sure to post on here when I do.

Comment

I think that was the biggest putt of my life. The distance on the map for that hole is 237'. RHBH 5x jk pro aviar-x high and tight turning over the whole way.

Comment

in a word - karma

Nice ace mr. hill!
              'Weekend 4 Women':
              Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
              Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

yes i would have to say karma played a major role in that ace. now when is tims karma going to kick in?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  Well, two words come to mind, and those would be "Dangit, Bobby!"

Interesting turn of events tonight at doubles. People were so eager to play they were practically handing me money as I was parking my car, and due to light limitations and the layout of Terrace, I decided to cap the registration to 44 people tonight. I ended up having to turn at least 6 people away, which I felt bad about, but felt it was necessary. As fate would have it, something got screwed up in the registrations and someone's name didn't get written down, so I ended up without a card and didn't play. So the cookie crumbles.

But, as I was picking up some necessities at the grocery store, I got a call from Aaron. Sounding a bit hoarse and out of breath, he reported that he just got what is now #14 (the new basket, go figure). For those keeping track, it was Aaron that cleaned out the ace pot LAST time too. On what was then the newest basket at the time.

In any case, Aaron is now $900+ richer...that is if he can ever find me! Congrats, Aaron! I wish I'd been able to get it with my car going in the shop in a couple days, but oh well, waddayagonnado?

On another note, as I mentioned earlier, now that the ace has been hit, I'm gonna take a break from running dubs for a while. No further details as of yet, but I'll be sure to post on here when I do.
                  Just to be clear:
                  - Aaron hit the $900 ace pot.
                  - You haven't actually paid him the money.
                  - You've decided to lay low for a while.

Does that about sum it up?

Comment

Yeah, I plan to start working on my boat down in Mexico, Andy Dufresne style.

Nah, Aaron got his wallet weights a couple days ago, and actually gave me a pretty sizable and unexpected gratuity. Thanks again Aaron!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      Yeah, I plan to start working on my boat down in Mexico, Andy Dufresne style.
                      Ah, Zihuatanejo. I knew it was something like that!

Comment

So Tim what is the story with doubles on tuesdays? I don't want to make the 30 minute drive through traffic to find out it isn't going on.
                        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Heh, well, believe it or not, nobody has approached me saying "Can I please run doubles in your place?" People have offered to help out, but noone has made any commitments as such. So as of now, I would say doubles is most likely not happening, at least in any kind of official sense. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of pickup doubles, but as far as having an ace pot and the scheduled payout, those won't be in play unless someone checks in with me first.

Comment

PM sent.
                            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Hey everyone, say hello to your new TD for Terrace Dubs: Tom! If you hadn't surmised by the ominous "PM sent" post preceding this, Tom has stepped up and volunteered to help run dubs for the time being while I take a break for a little while. Thanks again Tom, and hey, there's no need for Tom to have to be the only one helping out. If anyone else is interested in pitching in, just lemme know.

Comment