X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robinhood View Post
    so it's tuesday's at 5? I might make it out next week. I am also looking to improve the course i set up at Fircrest a few of you have played.
    Yup! Signups around 5, and teeing off at 5:30. I don't have all the numbers, but I believe the acepot is sitting somewhere around $300 now.
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Meant to update this thread last week, but after having a small showing of 10 brave souls in the less than ideal conditions, we've hit an ace pot cap again. The pot is standing at $300 and the backup is steadily gaining. Still the same deal for the time being, 5:00 sign ups, 5:30 start. Come on out if you can make it!

Comment

Just want to let everyone know that we've now reached a full $300 in the backup ace pot so we're building up the current pot now. I believe we're up to $365--due to grow more tonight, unless of course, someone else hits it!

Comment

No ace today in dubs, not sure what the pot is now tim ? we did have an ace right after dubs. ming and his kid were on my card and we finished on #4 then ming goes over to 5's tee with half of the players standing around 5's basket and skip aced. that is the only ace i have ever heard of on that hole. nice job ming just 18 holes to late.

Comment

Sickness!
            'Weekend 4 Women':
            Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
            Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

what is a backup ace pot and how does it work differently than a regular ace pot?
              Team HOSER:dancing:
              Team OLY:cheerleader:
              Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                what is a backup ace pot and how does it work differently than a regular ace pot?
                It just means that instead of piling all the money together into one ginormous ace pot, we've set aside $300 as a secondary pot for when an ace is hit, so that we don't have to start over from scratch again.

Comment

Whew, just counted up the ace pot while on my lunch break, we're sitting at $532 right now. I'm not normally a fan of strip clubs, but I might be tempted to visit one if I were to hit the ace...there's like $160 worth of dollar bills in this sweaty, stinking stack!

Comment

i wish i lived closer to terrace!!!!!
                    Team HOSER:dancing:
                    Team OLY:cheerleader:
                    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      Whew, just counted up the ace pot while on my lunch break, we're sitting at $532 right now. I'm not normally a fan of strip clubs, but I might be tempted to visit one if I were to hit the ace...there's like $160 worth of dollar bills in this sweaty, stinking stack!
                      $160 in sweaty and stinky bills? It looks like someone has already been to the strip club. Cajun, are you playing doubles at Mountlake Terrace now?

Comment

I haven't counted what the ace pot is at currently, but I think it's creeping up on the $700 mark.

That being said, all these months of running dubs on a weekly basis are taking their toll on me. So I'm saying it now: once an ace is actually hit, weekly doubles will be ON HIATUS. Dubs is good for the scene, and good for the course, so I won't be canceling it permanently or anything, but I do need a breather. So once that elusive ace is made, doubles will no longer be happening for an unspecified length of time--unless of course somebody else wants to step in and run things. Barring that though, something will return, but quite possibly something different than the doubles we've known.

So come on out and get it while the gettin's good!

Comment

I was thinking about playing tonight and armed with the information that Terrace doubles might go away soon I have to play, see you guys out there, bring some water!
                          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Also.. please continue to keep an eye out for "lost/stray" discs! When I had lost my ODDGC disc, it was during the "doubles" although we were not playing the doubles.. That's why I keep wondering if it is one from the group who was waiting behind us that might had taken it. (Back up to the last week of June... any one remember?)
                            Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
                            DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

clarification

Originally posted by Mystjava View Post
                              ... That's why I keep wondering if it is one from the group who was waiting behind us that might had taken it...
                              So, are you saying that this group waiting behind you was one of the foursomes playing in the weekly dubs?
                              anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

Yep... That's why I was wondering if anyone had been able to catch it or not.. Don't worry about it.. I'll grab a new one from Nathan down the road....
                                Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
                                DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X