Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrace Creek: Terrace Creek: Weekly Doubles

26 players out today.

No aces, so the acepot is up over $700!!!

Jessie/Eric - 45
    Andrew/Sheila - 47
    Bob/Ming - 47
    Wayne/Joe - 47
    Tekory/Kyle - 47
    Lowell/Art - 48
    Nate/Mark - 50
    Matt/Doug - 51
    Dave/Aaron - 53
    Cory/Aaron - 53
    Josh/Paul - 53
    Tim/Chris - 54
    'Weekend 4 Women':
    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Well, I was going to post this on odsa, since that thread is more known, BUT, the site has been down for a while, so I'll post it here on a site that WORKS! (hardly post over there these days anyway)

Congrats to Aaron T. who aced hole #16 on Saturday 2/21/09, good for $300! Aaron deserved an ace on this hole, being that he's done more work on building the hole than anyone. He pretty much dug out the hole for the pin placement and cemented it in himself, as well as trimming away a bunch of blackberries, scotch broom, and tall grass. With witnesses watching the basket, the disc hit as cleanly as possible, dead center of the chains, right on the stripe--a good sight better than most of Aaron's putts!

So after Andy's big $700+ ace, and Aaron's recent one, the acepot is severely diminished. haven't added it all up yet, but I think it should be around $100 (thanks to Aaron throwing $20 back to the fund).

As a side note, Ming and I shot a -12 to take 1st (or more accurately, Ming shot about -10 and I shot about -2), and there was a 3 way tie for 2nd/3rd at -6...Eric M./Andy F., Wayne W./Joe H., and Aaron T./Samantha. I'm not sure who took the money for what, but Aaron and Sam, figuring they'd made enough for the day and conceded the playoff, opting for refreshing beverages instead.

Congrats again to Aaron, and a reminder that there are no doubles this weekend due to the Greenlake Ice Bowl.
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

No, according to http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ , www.ODSA.com is up and running. Funny, it comes up blank for me (at least the Forum does). Maybe it has changed to white text on a white background....
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Registration

My friend and I are interested in competing. Wondering what we have to do to register..Thanks for the help

Comment

Hey Ted, we tee off at 10 AM on Saturdays, and ask that people sign up by 9:30 or so. We meet up at the gazebo by the playground, just look for the person with the money. The entry fee is $8 ($5 goes to payou, $2 to the acepot, $1 to the course fund), the format is random draw doubles. We'll be moving to Tuesday evenings sometime soon, now that we have more daylight, but will still meet up on Saturdays for another week or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            Hey Ted, we tee off at 10 AM on Saturdays, and ask that people sign up by 9:30 or so. We meet up at the gazebo by the playground, just look for the person with the money. The entry fee is $8 ($5 goes to payou, $2 to the acepot, $1 to the course fund), the format is random draw doubles. We'll be moving to Tuesday evenings sometime soon, now that we have more daylight, but will still meet up on Saturdays for another week or two.
            Will there be doubles this Saturday (4/4)? It's shaping up to be a nice weekend!
            Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Up against the CSI? Would anyone show up?
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                Up against the CSI? Would anyone show up?

That's why I'm asking. Not everyone got in or can put in the time-committment to do the CSI. I'll go to TC if it looks like it's game-on.

Team Deucebag

Comment

There will be doubles at Terrace on Sat. 4-4. Sign up by 9:30 at the shelter by the playground. Aaron will be running it. There should be a decent group because I think only a few creekers will be playing CSI.
                  "Just because you have a club doesn't mean you're organized..."

Comment

Originally posted by kokaneeninja View Post
                    There will be doubles at Terrace on Sat. 4-4. Sign up by 9:30 at the shelter by the playground. Aaron will be running it. There should be a decent group because I think only a few creekers will be playing CSI.
                    Sweet!

Team Deucebag

Comment

17 players out today

no ace

alex/paul -10

wayne/curt -8

art/doug -8

robert/ron -7

neal/john -5

curtis/tom -3

aaron/mark -1

joe -1

dan/allen e

Comment

With more daylight now, we're moving doubles to Tuesday nights, tee off at 5 PM for now, we'll move it later as the season progresses. I don't have firm numbers on the ace pot at the moment, but I think it should be in the neighborhood of $250.

Comment

Hey @ doubles Sat we decided 5:30 start, 5:00 sign up? Is this no longer correct? We were trying to allow guys to make it from work too??? Let me know?
                          "Just because you have a club doesn't mean you're organized..."

Comment

Heh, once again information I had no idea about. I don't have a problem with that, I suppose with the sun setting around 8 and hole 18 still in the short, disc hunting at twilight shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Comment

so it's tuesday's at 5? I might make it out next week. I am also looking to improve the course i set up at Fircrest a few of you have played.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X