X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• other series: Bad ace standings

After 1 event is in the books... Salem is running away with this thing! Chris Wilcox almost scored a perfect 100, but Stinky came through with a solid second round! The Handicap listed is what will be used on your first round at the next event, Carlton. Discgolfscene is not exactly series friendly I am finding, so I will post the scores on there, but it will not be used to track overall series standings... I will however post the standings there under news about the BAD ACE. I promise I am not sandbagging, as many of you know i throw with one finger, which is stupid, especially if you sprain that finger trying to throw a NUKE OS as hard as you can. So the rest of you... whats your excuse That was some brutal wind, but as always true to BAD ACE form, no rain!!! See you all at Carlton on the 26th, and if you would like the complete spreadsheets, I will happily email them to you, just send me a message and your email in case I dont have it. Stay tuned for more updates as they are available.
    Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Haha, my score is gonna be so good at carlton with my huge handicap lol.

Comment

Where's all the smack talk? Momma gonna knock you out....

Comment

After Event # 2 things have changed a bit...

The lake was awesome and unexpected... Sorry to those who made a sacrifice to the lake, but i am thinking all of those discs were or will be retireved very soon. As always, email me or get a hold of me for complete round by round scores... and I will have printouts of both rounds and overall scores at Champoeg. Like last week I will have them readily available for you to browse and I am happy to explain handicaps or scoring in person. See you soon Bad Ace'rs

Comment

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up... We have decided to play the Newberg Circuit in its original layout. This means all 15 holes at Champoeg, all 9 holes at Hoover, and all 12 holes at Ewing Young. There are 6 baskets pulled out of the ground at Champoeg, however we are going to bring 6 temp baskets and place them where the original baskets normally would be. There is no water hazards currently other than the creek that goes through Hoover, and the river alongside Ewing Young. It is supposed to be dry until Saturday, and knowing the Bad Ace tradition we will be fine. We will all play in groups of 4 at Champoeg and when our 15 holes are through you will turn in your scorecards and have 1 hour to be at Herbert Hoover. I will have scorecards shuffled and you will play in your new group at hoover, finish up and immediately head over to Ewing Young and complete your 21 hole scorecard with the same group. Your first three holes at Hoover will finish your scorecard from Champoeg. Shaun, Mike Parker and i all played the circuit Saturday and it was a blast. Shaun finished 13 under for 36 holes, Parker was 10 under for 36 holes and I was 8 under for 36 holes. Ewing young put both Parker and myself over par, but Shaun was 4 under and ran away with it. I can’t wait to dominate all of your faces!

Comment

Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
            I canít wait to dominate all of your faces!
            yeah?...well.., you know that's just like uhh......your opinion man
            "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Misquote of Benjamin Franklin

Comment

After 3 events...

So some new faces dominated the series this week... We had Wilcox with another great score of 94 and then Swami with a very nice 93! Then we had some folks take advantage of the handicaps - Chris M, Cody, and Quinn all scored 88's. There was some admitted sandbagging going on, which is not appreciated. This is not in the spirit of good sportsmanship, let's keep it classy as a Bad Ace should. It is one thing to have a bad day or a bad hole, but please do not openly admit to your group that you are going to four every hole and then proceed to do so. The way the handicap system works, you will only be rewarded for your sandbagging on the very next round and then the benifits are pretty well washed away. That is all I want to say on the topic, unless it becomes a bigger problem. Otherwise, more bad ace weather, more bad ace golf, and NEXT Saturday as in this coming Saturday is at Adair, "The Best Course In The World." I am expecting a baby boy any day now, so hopefull it is soon and I can make it, but no promises, if I cant make it your executive VP Shaun will be running shop.

Comment

Bagging? Just say no. No bagging.

Comment

Standings after 5 events!!!

I appologize again for the delay getting these standings up in a public forum. Most of you know how busy the last few weeks have been for me; regardless here they are and please note that starting this next week you will begin dropping your worst scores if you already have 5! It is getting interesting, all I can say is good golf has been rewarded this year with good scores. See you all Saturday at Camp Taololi

Comment

After 6 events...

Sorry to everyone about the lack of coordination with the Staff at Taololi. We will either do a better job of that next year or move venues. It was ultimatley and soley my fault, nuff said. Moving on I remembered how to putt and my score showed it, Camp Taololi is awesome and next we are moving on to one of my favorite courses in the entire state; WOODMANSEE. I hear there has been a lot of hardwork! Cant wait to see it and reward the baskets by letting them touch my Rubber Wood. See you Saturday the 21st!

Comment

carl's a badass!
                      "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Misquote of Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Im not 100% what the course looks like with all the rain and flooding, but We are playing come hell or high water, All water will be casual, so come prepared for getting wet, and you may just have to lay up from time to time. I will be there extra early to make some executive decisions on layout and what not... And KYLE will be there to serve up some tasty Sausage Dogs for $4 or for $5 you get bag of chips and a soda. Also Kyle is going to be serving them throughout the first round, so when you make the turn you can grab a dog on your walk out! See you all there, and don’t forget 1st place is still worth 50 points regardless of who shows up, so come on out and prove you are a true BAD ACE Winter Golfer who doesn’t care about a bunch of extra water, after all your skin is waterproof

Comment

Seven Events down 2 to go!

Woodsmansee has come along way! Thanks again to Steve, Beast and all fo the other soldiers who have put in a ton of hard work, it really showed! On a related note, that is no longer a birdie all day course! Next up is Dave Heiders Private course in Amity. Dave has had a crew, mostly consisiting of himself and Executive VP Shaun, as well as Scotty, Mic and a few others who have been working furiosuly to install 3 new holes, so we will have a 12 hole course that we will play 3 times. Dave has stated that anyone wanting to play some rpactive rounds is very welcome, but that he would please ask you to call ahead and schedule something to make sure he is home and we dont surprise his wife! Also day of the event, please, please, please carpool as much as possible, there is little parking along the road adn we dont want to haev a cluster "F". You can call Dave @ 503-864-3217, or get ahold of me and I will assist you in setting up a practice session. Thanks everybody

Comment

Only one more to go! Payouts based on current standings....

Immediatley following the rounds at Wortman I have reserved Izzys near by for the awards ceremony! A few things to note.

I am doing brand new bag tags, so you will turn in your bag tags before the round and then after we have calculated scores for the day we will hand out the new bigger better more bad ace bag tags based off the last events scores, that are yours to keep with the following payouts:
                            Ace = $40
                            2 = $35
                            3 = $25
                            4 = $20
                            5 = $15
                            6 = $10
                            7 = $10
                            8 = $10

If you cannot make it to the awards the only way you will get paid out on a bag tag that is 8 or better is to send it with a buddy who will be there, otherwise it is null and void and just very cute. So I encourage you keep the new bag tags you will be handed at the awards ceremony and play for fun, or just to show off to the rest of the world that you are indeed a bad ace!

Thanks again to Dave, maybe it was the weather, maybe it was the incredible piece of land, or maybe it was the awesome food; But it was definatley my favorite Bad Ace yet! No one hit an ace, so dont forget if you pay into the ace pot at Wortman and no one hits an ace then we will all throw for the money at the end of both rounds until someone wins it all, currently $141; should be over $200!

Payouts are listed where it would normally say what place you are in, we are paying out Cash to the top 8 places, 1st place will take the travelling trophy as well as a trophy to keep, 2nd & 3rd also recieve a trophy. 4th - 8th place recieve cash to put towards their own trophy if they so desire.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X