Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• other series: Rockwood Winter Series

A message from PhilStomp:

Disc Dominations has been working very hard to get Columbia View Park as a new nine hole course in Gresham. The baskets have been ordered. Money for Tee pads has been gained through tournament fund raisers. We hope to make it real very soon. Lots of guys working hard to make it happen. Nearly all of "these guys" I met at the Rockwood Winter Series.
    TO THE MANY SPONSORS of Disc Dominations: THANK YOU!!

I am buying a portable basket in that same color as the Columbia View baskets for the Rockwood Winter Series to be given away on the RWS Skins tournament day.

This is a BENTLEY BASKET!!!!!! If your don't know about the Bently Basket, all I have to say is that it is the BOMB!!!!

I have been working with Ty Baker helping with the TD stuff with an excel program that I wrote. It's pretty trick. I use PDGA 2009 payout charts (I know, but they haven't been updated) and I can show anyone where every dime goes. Just don't ask when I'm trying to printout score cards.
    There is an error in one of the PGDA charts. I can prove it (Yes, I'm that good) and someday, I'll let them know where it is.

I am hoping that we can bring back the spirit that we all had for our first tournament (which Rockwood Winter Series gave to me) with this next winter season. I know that many of you are doing Team Disc Golf and other such Disc Golf things and have advanced beyond RWS but I'm hoping that if your Saturday is free, that you will encourage newbies to come out with you and you spend a round "showing" the new people "how we do it right". If you can't make it then be sure to let them know about this series.

Ty is mixing it up a bit this year so check it out.
    First Saturday in November and every other Saturday after that. NO rain or snow or ice outs.
    I'm hoping to play in two snow storms, myself. One Ice storm and any wind storm is cool for me. Yeah, I'm from the Gorge.

I understand if you got something else going on but do me a favor and pass the word around. Let everyone know that this is a cool tournament that is friendly to the new player but has the competition to challenge you in a friendly environment for all to enjoy.

Phillip Kurtz

PS: I am seriously going after Brody Miller's crown this year! IT ON!!!!

Way to go Phill. The Bentley Baskets are awesome. Good work everybody on Columbia View. Hopefully that place gets put in soon. It will be Portland's best 9 hole course.

to Ty for all his hard work and dedication to the Rockwood winter series, Rockwood disc golf course, Vance disc golf course, and soon Columbia view disc golf course. SE Portland disc golf wouldn't be the same without you.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X