BAD ACE Travelling Winter Handicap Series - Now not conflicting with Team Golf! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• other series: BAD ACE Travelling Winter Handicap Series - Now not conflicting with Team Golf!

Okay so we have had some changes and additions. It is looking like we are definatley going to be growing this year, the growth is welcomed and I can't wait to give out Hundreds of Dollars in Cash! Not to mention some very sick trophies including the travelling First Place trophy!

Format:
    9 single day 2 round events, 18 holes a round in some cases 3 rounds of 12. Handicapped. You earn one point for every person you beat after handicaps are factored, including one point for each person who did not show up. Your best 5 day cumaltive scores are added up and at the end of 9 events the most points wins all cash payout. Historically paid to top 5, depending on # of participants may pay out past 5th place this year!!!

Handicap Formula = (Previous Handicap) + (Current round strokes minus par) + (Total strokes by all participants for current round divided by # of participants) all divided by 3.

Entry Fee: $25 per person ($20 to end of series Cash payout. $3.50 to bag tags. $1.50 to CTP's.) Must pay at Registration - No IOU's, Pay entire $25 at first event you come to.

Optional Entry Fees:
    $2 ace pot ($1 per round)
    $5 raw score entry winner of each day takes all (No handicap)

Bag Tags:
    We are reinstating bag tags this year. There was little participation and many lost tags last time we did this and I am implementing some very strictly enforced rules this year to ensure Bag Tag participation. I personally am providing $50 to the bag tag in an effort to redirect the monies from the failed bag tag two years ago. At the end of the first event you will recieve your bag tags based on your play. If you do not bring your bag tag or forget to turn it in, it will be voided and you will start fresh. No excuses! Bag tags will pay out to the top 35%. The bag tags will be collected prior to the last event at registration and that will be the payout order. You must turn in your bag tag at every event and bag tag play outside of the series is encouraged. If you challenge someone outside of the series and they do not have their bag tag you will automatically earn thier bag tag and they will recieve the higher number. They are bag tags people! Put them on your bag and stop losing them. I will make them high quality and durable so use them!!!

Schedule: Registration @ 8:30 players meeting 9:30 Tee off at 10:00 AM SHARP! You can play a half day and earn points. Best 5 scores count out of 9 possible scores. (I repeat, you only need to maek 5 events) Mostly every other week but a couple back to back weeks around the holidays.

November 12th - Cascade Gateway (Salem near airport)
    Novemeber 26th - Carlton (New 9 hole course near McMinnville)
    December 10th - Newberg Circuit (Champoeg 15, Hoover 9, Ewing young 12)
    December 17th - Adair Village (best course in the world)
    December 31st- Hornings Hideout (Bring $3 to pay for day use)
    January 7th - Camp Taololi (Stayton - Bring $3 to pay for day use)
    January 21st - Woodmansee (South Salem)
    February 4th - Amity (Dave Heiders private course, the epitomy of BAD ACE)
    February 18th - Wortman (McMinnville Awards/ Cash Payout, Ace Fund Throw Off)

Questions Comments Concerns - 503-983-8818 (text messages get a response!) carlboje11@aol.com or pm or message me or reply on any of these forums. Cant wait!
    Last edited by CarlitosBonitos; October 21st, 2011, 10:10 AM.
    Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Champoeg: bring $5, right?
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

True...

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
      Champoeg: bring $5, right?
      If you do not have a State Parks parking pass then it is $5 per vehicle! Good Point Mr. TreeLove... and I appologize for changing the schedule on you as you calendar is a thing of beauty and I can only add I tried to give as much heads up as possible! Thanks - Carlitos

Comment

sweet! Can't wait for some winter golf. Thanks to Carl and Shaun for puttin it together. Should be fun. Let me know if I can do anything to help. Cheers
        "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Misquote of Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Checking in...

I have been getting a ton of great feedback about the BAD ACE this year. Specifically I am hearing we might be doubling in size. That is really awesome! Payouts are gonna be huge! The only downside is and consider this your warning.... we may have to change the courses up a bit if we go beyond 45 members as some courses will only hold that many players. I will keep you posted. But really I wont know until the November 12th when we start the series. This is gonna be fun!

Comment

Say you can only attend an event or two, do you have to pay $25 series fee, or can you just pay the $5 raw score fee. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
              I apologize for changing the schedule on you as you calendar is a thing of beauty and I can only add I tried to give as much heads up as possible! Thanks - Carlitos
              Dude, no sweat (well, maybe a little knuckle-sweat ). Change happens. Calendar updated.
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Either way is fine...

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
                Say you can only attend an event or two, do you have to pay $25 series fee, or can you just pay the $5 raw score fee. Thanks for the clarification.
                However if you come and are outside of the series, you must also pay the ace pot as it is the BAD ACE, therefore entry would be $7 if you are outside fo the series... We do welcome you to make it out though!

Comment

If you are seriously interested in playing this year send me your name, email and pdga# and I will add you on,disc golf scene as a member.

Comment

Pre-Registration is up at discgolfscene

Registration has been updated at the Discgolfscene so if you are thinking of seriously playing, send me your name and email or pdga and you will be added to the "Bad Ace Travelling Winter Handicap Series"! Also let me know if anything looks strange as I am new to actually using the scene for scoring and what not, so if i have your name miss spelled or email or pdga # let me know and i will get it fixed. Wilcox and I (Doubles) went up to Dave Heiders Saturday and tore that place up, -13 for 18 holes, beating the tired and weary Shaun & Dave, creators of the course! See you all soon ~

Comment

Hey Carl. The Park Coordinator at Champoeg said that they will be maintaining an undetermined 9-hole layout this winter to preserve some of the swampy high-traffic areas from getting damaged? Apparently, they will be pulling baskets starting 11/01/2011. Just a heads up.

Comment

Thanks Bryan

Originally posted by bryan_luoma View Post
                        Hey Carl. The Park Coordinator at Champoeg said that they will be maintaining an undetermined 9-hole layout this winter to preserve some of the swampy high-traffic areas from getting damaged? Apparently, they will be pulling baskets starting 11/01/2011. Just a heads up.
                        26 players confirmed for the Bad Ace so far... as to your heads up Bryan;
                        I heard this as well, in years past we have played 15 holes at Champoeg in the morning, then 9 holes at Herbert Hoover, then 12 holes at Ewing Young to make a nice 36 hole total. I haven't completely decided on how to deal with this monkey wrench, but I am thinking we will likely play the 9 at Champoeg, then 9 at Herbert Hoover, take a lunch break in town, and head over to Ewing young for 18 holes (it is a 12 hole course, so we will likely play 1-12 and then 1-6 or perhaps 1-12 and then 1-3,7,8,9. We will make the best of it as it is the Bad Ace series and that is what we do. I am so excited I am ready for November even as the sun is shining in October right now

Comment

27 and counting... if you know someone who is definatley playing give me their name and email, or have them contact me! Thanks, I feel like a kid who has to cross his legs to keep from peeing his pants I am so excited lol

Comment

28... that is all :-)

Comment

29!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X