2011 Season Kicks Off Monday, May 16th! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by XandorF View Post
    i like how we talk about moving the sport forward... all over the forum... but this lack of care toward detail and overall laziness when it comes to ORGANIZING disc golf events and leagues is kindof sad. and its not just lunchtime league...

    Dear League Organizers,

    We greatly appreciate everything you do and have ever done and will do for the disc golfing community. having said that...
    youre pissing off the league members. either do the things you SAY youll do, or step down and let someone else do it right. i am saying WE because i have heard the same things from mulitple people and am tired of hearing it. when you SAY you will do something, you should do it. i could care less about the score or standings. i dont like being led on and lied to. on or off the course.
    Um... not all league organizers do this.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by XandorF View Post
      i like how we talk about moving the sport forward... all over the forum... but this lack of care toward detail and overall laziness when it comes to ORGANIZING disc golf events and leagues is kindof sad. and its not just lunchtime league...

      Dear League Organizers,

      We greatly appreciate everything you do and have ever done and will do for the disc golfing community. having said that...
      youre pissing off the league members. either do the things you SAY youll do, or step down and let someone else do it right. i am saying WE because i have heard the same things from mulitple people and am tired of hearing it. when you SAY you will do something, you should do it. i could care less about the score or standings. i dont like being led on and lied to. on or off the course.

      X-
      That seem's a little harsh.

      S-
      That seems like a cop-out reply.


      TDs at weeklies have a wide range of levels of comittment.
      LL by no means has the worst structure....
      I feel Sam needed the constant pushing because....
      at first he posted relevent info in this thead and posted scorses fairly regularly. As the season progresses- not so much.
      And when he seems to have so much time to devote to other issues- then it becomes a problem.


      IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED-

      SAM POSTED THAT SIGN-UPS CLOSE AT 5:35 THIS MONDAY.

      Comment


      • You know what one is supposed to do with food? Just curious....
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

        Comment


        • Sign ups close at 5:35 this week. Will spread the word through the Scene, as well.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
            Sam,
            I'll shave my head if you post the scores before Noon Friday.

            I wonder if....

            Comment


            • You need to borrow some clippers Wes?

              Comment


              • I thought I'd just ask Sam to bring a pair, that way I won't have to do it for a few months!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  You know what one is supposed to do with food? Just curious....
                  I missed this post earlier. Then I had to give it some thought... and yet....?

                  I believe food is supposed to be eaten.

                  However, this seems like thread drift.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                    I thought I'd just ask Sam to bring a pair, that way I won't have to do it for a few months!
                    I'll bring the clippers Wes... I'll even do the shaving! Rec room 5pm Monday?
                    sigpic
                    http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/DISC_GOLF_OR_DIE

                    Comment


                    • If I do it, will someone come caddie for me at the NAAC?
                      Serious replies only.
                      Last edited by Wes Hansen; August 26th, 2011, 11:59 AM. Reason: needed a friggin ?, so I added one

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                        I thought I'd just ask Sam to bring a pair, that way I won't have to do it for a few months!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by XandorF View Post
                          i like how we talk about moving the sport forward... all over the forum... but this lack of care toward detail and overall laziness when it comes to ORGANIZING disc golf events and leagues is kindof sad. and its not just lunchtime league...

                          Dear League Organizers,

                          We greatly appreciate everything you do and have ever done and will do for the disc golfing community. having said that...
                          youre pissing off the league members. either do the things you SAY youll do, or step down and let someone else do it right. i am saying WE because i have heard the same things from mulitple people and am tired of hearing it. when you SAY you will do something, you should do it. i could care less about the score or standings. i dont like being led on and lied to. on or off the course.
                          X,

                          I have no idea who you are... never seen you at my DABNEY DOUBLES - 10 YRS AND COUNTING. I think you don't need to lump all TD's together.

                          Oh by the way what league are you running in the Portland area, how long have you been throwing it, how many people attend YOUR league, and what are your payouts and finals ?????????? If you don't know how hard it is to run and organize a league... I think you need (as Sam would probably say) STFU!

                          MY $.02

                          Kevin Madrid

                          TD - THE DABNEY DOUBLES

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Kevin Madrid View Post
                            X,

                            I have no idea who you are... never seen you at my DABNEY DOUBLES - 10 YRS AND COUNTING. I think you don't need to lump all TD's together.

                            Oh by the way what league are you running in the Portland area, how long have you been throwing it, how many people attend YOUR league, and what are your payouts and finals ?????????? If you don't know how hard it is to run and organize a league... I think you need (as Sam would probably say) STFU!

                            MY $.02

                            Kevin Madrid

                            TD - THE DABNEY DOUBLES
                            hi kevin,

                            i have heard great things about dabney doubles! im a new player who is still trying to figure out the time and travel to get to events around town. sorry for lumping you all together. and trust me someday i wish to organize some disc golfing events of my own. and i hope i can organize events that are fair and fun for all. im sure i will find out how time consuming and difficult it will be.
                            scott hill- you are an amazing td! keep it up buddy.

                            in my post i should have put "you are pissing me off" and put it at the end. if you take that part out i wasnt calling out any individuals or even saying that the majority of league organizers are dumb or anything "harsh" i was mainly saying i dont like being led on and lied to. there is no reason for someone to say they will do something when they have no intention of doing it. just ... dont say it. that goes for everything not just disc golf events.

                            i will not STFU. ever. i care for this sport and the people that play it too much.

                            i would like to end by saying. i love lunchtime league, and most all leagues i attend. it is a pleasure to play with the people that come out week after week. sam and andy and all of the other organizers that run LL i consider my friends. nothing about that had changed to my knowledge, i apologize to anyone that may have taken wrong meaning from my words, i meant no harm. i love you all.

                            ill be at the NAAC this weekend and at LL on monday if you want to come talk to me, ill be around.

                            i just wanted to see that darn PDF so bad...

                            Comment


                            • X-
                              I can't imagine how you felt after seeing the standings.
                              It must have been heartbreaking to see my name right after yours.
                              A mere 2 points behind... with an extra week of scores to put up...
                              Then that ONE POINT week I have to replace....
                              I don't think you'll be so anxious to see that next update.
                              (Insert appropriate icon for old guy giving young gun some smack talk.)

                              Comment


                              • Kevin, that seemed unnecessarily harsh. It seems you don't quite know who Xander is...

                                Anyway, I think the biggest mistake that was made here by Sam was setting a precedent the first half of the season by posting scores consistently, then falling out in the last few weeks, when people start to really care. I know there weren't necessarily promises made, but even in the spirit of good shit talking, the scores should be there for us to see and analyze for any league, and since they need to be updated either way, it makes sense for them to be public.

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X