Dabney Doubles 2011 - 10th Year Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    So Andy Carson assured me this morning that our round at dabney would be sunny and warm today.... Don't let me down Andy....I believe in you.... Lol
    DiscGolf- The ONLY time to enjoy being negative(-)

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by lankdogg View Post
      So Andy Carson assured me this morning that our round at dabney would be sunny and warm today.... Don't let me down Andy....I believe in you.... Lol
      I remember LAST THURSDAY everyone at the Dubs saying that it was suppose to be 75 today. I knew better than to believe that.

      Kevin

      Comment


      • #48
        See everyone there!!!
        PDGA # 31451
        2 Mini Aces
        74 Aces
        PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
        DISC GOLF OR DIE
        BOB CABAL
        DISCVANGO
        JEFF ELLIOT
        G-MAN
        JORDAN LEWIS
        JEFF HAGERTY
        JAMES GARCELON
        SAM GIBSON

        And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

        George Carlin

        Comment


        • #49
          What a night...72 players last night !!! I know I was going to stop at 64, but how can I. For sure cut offs is 72 no matter what.

          Last night was awesome when a lot of old friends show up to play. It was a who's who on the course. We had a range of players to it is great to see from beginners all the way to the top pros in the area. More to come...have to go back to for now.

          Kevin

          Comment


          • #50
            Results 5/05/11

            Originally posted by Kevin Madrid View Post
            What a night...72 players last night !!! I know I was going to stop at 64, but how can I. For sure cut offs is 72 no matter what.

            Last night was awesome when a lot of old friends show up to play. It was a who's who on the course. We had a range of players to it is great to see from beginners all the way to the top pros in the area. More to come...have to go back to for now.

            Kevin
            Well I'm back...I can't get over how awesome last night was. I can only imagine how crazy this summer is going to get when the weather turns around. I shouldn't complain the sun did pop out for last night round, but during the day I was not a happy camper.

            I want to thank Steve Sunnes for donating another bottle of wine.
            Congrats to Zach Murphy - Hole #2

            Results 5/05/11

            1st Brody Miller – Tyler Christenson (-15 – course record- My Dubs) $50.00
            Missed holes 8, 9, 16

            2nd Camo – Tom Dooley (-14) $34.00
            Missed holes 2, 3, 11, 14, 16, but on the last throw last hole Camo hits an ace on hole #4…remember he is a lefty

            3rd Skelly – J. Fancher (-13) $26
            Missed holes 1, 3, 7, and bogey 16…Doh! Just the prior hole Skelly drilled a 60-70ft on hole 15 for bird.

            4th Mike Ward – N. Kabaza (-10) $22

            5th Crist Garcia – Geebs (-10) $19

            6th David S. – M. Linaman (-9) $16

            7th Ty Baker – Zack Murphy (-9) $14

            8th Max D. Adrian B. (-9) $11

            Aces
            1st for the evening with only two holes down Adrian B. hits Hole #11
            2nd for the evening half way through the night - Joe A. hits Hole #12
            3rd for the evening last shot of the night – Camo hits Hole #4

            Ace pot for the night was $72 so each team split $24 dollars.

            Next week if the weather is nice and it looks like another big turnout...You should probably start a line and I'll do sign-ups when I'm ready to sit down. Last night I waited an extra 15-20 minutes and by the time I got ready for sign-ups the people that started the original line got bumped back some. So in all fairness once I say sign-ups begin the first 72 will play...no exceptions!

            See you next Thursday,

            Kevin


            --------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Ace Club 2011
            Charlie Tellessen - Hole #18
            Adrian B - Hole #11
            Joe A. - Hole #12
            Camo - Hole #4

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Kevin Madrid View Post
              Well I'm back...I can't get over how awesome last night was. I can only imagine how crazy this summer is going to get when the weather turns around. I shouldn't complain the sun did pop out for last night round, but during the day I was not a happy camper.

              I want to thank Steve Sunnes for donating another bottle of wine.
              Congrats to Zach Murphy - Hole #2

              Results 5/05/11

              1st Brody Miller – Tyler Christenson (-15 – course record- My Dubs) $50.00
              Missed holes 8, 9, 16

              2nd Camo – Tom Dooley (-14) $34.00
              Missed holes 2, 3, 11, 14, 16, but on the last throw last hole Camo hits an ace on hole #4…remember he is a lefty

              3rd Skelly – J. Fancher (-13) $26
              Missed holes 1, 3, 7, and bogey 16…Doh! Just the prior hole Skelly drilled a 60-70ft on hole 15 for bird.

              4th Mike Ward – N. Kabaza (-10) $22

              5th Crist Garcia – Geebs (-10) $19

              6th David S. – M. Linaman (-9) $16

              7th Ty Baker – Zack Murphy (-9) $14

              8th Max D. Adrian B. (-9) $11

              Aces
              1st for the evening with only two holes down Adrian B. hits Hole #11
              2nd for the evening half way through the night - Joe A. hits Hole #12
              3rd for the evening last shot of the night – Camo hits Hole #4

              Ace pot for the night was $72 so each team split $24 dollars.

              Next week if the weather is nice and it looks like another big turnout...You should probably start a line and I'll do sign-ups when I'm ready to sit down. Last night I waited an extra 15-20 minutes and by the time I got ready for sign-ups the people that started the original line got bumped back some. So in all fairness once I say sign-ups begin the first 72 will play...no exceptions!

              See you next Thursday,

              Kevin


              --------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Ace Club 2011
              Charlie Tellessen - Hole #18
              Adrian B - Hole #11
              Joe A. - Hole #12
              Camo - Hole #4
              I forgot the results

              Comment


              • #52
                I want to thank Kevin Madrid for all these years of enjoyment of disc golf at Dabney Doubles and may there be more years to come,thanks for running this
                PDGA # 31451
                2 Mini Aces
                74 Aces
                PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                DISC GOLF OR DIE
                BOB CABAL
                DISCVANGO
                JEFF ELLIOT
                G-MAN
                JORDAN LEWIS
                JEFF HAGERTY
                JAMES GARCELON
                SAM GIBSON

                And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

                George Carlin

                Comment


                • #53
                  Results 5/13/11

                  It is sooo hard to put into words the joy I get throwing this tourney. I get to meet new people every week and hang out with friends from times past. The group of people that come out and play in MY DUBS are some of the nicest people you may want to hang with on and off the course....good times. We had people from every age bracket and skill level come out last night. When I took this over from GRR I would have 20-30 players and as time has gone on I've seen this grow and grow and grow to these last couple of weeks I've had 72 players show up to play .

                  This brings me to the next point...When I get there start to form a line and get ready to do sign-ups about 5 min. after I get there...I do need to chill for a second after my drive from Lake O (Drivers ). If we are to continue getting large turnouts...I'm just going to start when I arrive and when we hit 72 that's it we draw and start playing.

                  Again it was a who's who in Portland disc golf that showed up last night...to bad I didn't get drawn with one of them, but I can't say I didn't have a good partner...Ken A you are the man loved playing with you.

                  Scores are getting up there if you want to cash or even get some extra points. Winning round was -14 and there were 3 of those, -13 (two aces with this round), -11,-10...if you didn't have at least that you didn't get $$$ and you are only going to recieve 1 pt. for the night.

                  Sorry I need to make some more CTP markers... I have a small supply of CTP's I need to get out there. Thank you Charlie T, Chadwick, N. Kabaza, Buddy Love, and I'm forgetting someone...argh. Your CTP's are going up in the next couple of weeks.

                  Thank you Buddy Love for donating a $10 gift certificate to Misto Cafe @ 3801 SE Belmont St....Say hi to Buddy if you can make it to this establishment. Congrates to Joe A - Hole #9 inches away from the pin.

                  Results

                  1st Brody Miller – Rob W (-14) $51
                  2nd Camo – Skelly (-14) $35
                  3rd Jeff Cox – Doug Saulter (-14) $26
                  4th Milbrodt – David Smith (-13) $23
                  5th Justin Rulz –Sam D. (-11) $20
                  6th Tyler Christenson – Joe A (-11) $17
                  7th Ty Baker – Lankins (-10) $15
                  8th Steve D. – Geebs (-10) $11

                  ACE POT IS SITTING AT 0 AS OF LAST NIGHT
                  Aces
                  There were 3 aces, but only 2 people
                  1st Ace - I just yelled start picked up my disc to throw when the guys on Hole 11 threw their hands up and said someone on Hole 12 just hit an ace…Milbrodt…more to come.
                  2nd Ace – Camo for the second week in a row…Hole #12 ???
                  3rd Ace – end of the round a couple holes to go…guess who – MILBRODT – Hole #10
                  Congrats Milbrodt 2 aces one night…freaking awesome!!!!

                  Ace Pot $72.00… 1/3 to Camo ($24) and 2/3 to Milbrodt ($48)

                  I don't want to forget this... Craig Collins comes up to me before starting up and asked if he could give me his $5 early. He wanted to go through all the tee pads and sweep them off so no one would get injured... he mentioned he took a dinger on 15/16 and he didn't want anyone else to fall. MAD PROPS ON LOOKING OUT FOR ALL OF US. THANK YOU CRAIG FOR THIS!!!

                  See you next Thursday,

                  Kevin

                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------

                  Ace Club 2011
                  Charlie Tellessen - Hole #18
                  Adrian B - Hole #11
                  Joe A. - Hole #12
                  Camo - Hole #4 & #12 (BACK TO BACK WEEKS)
                  Dustin Milbrodt #12 & #10 (SAME DAY)

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by chris7graham View Post
                    I want to thank Kevin Madrid for all these years of enjoyment of disc golf at Dabney Doubles and may there be more years to come,thanks for running this
                    Thank you Chris this means a lot.

                    Kevin

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      What's with all these aces? Has Dabney turned into the PROS version of Orchard Park?

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        5/19/11

                        Today is looking great . My guess is we are going to have a full field again...so you better show up early and get in line. I will be moving hopefully 1&2 then come down the hill to start sign-ups. Once we have all 72 signed up we will be playing ASAP. Remember there will be casual players on the course as well please be respectful to them.

                        See you later today!

                        Kevin

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Results Week 6, 7th tourney

                          What a great night to be throwing discs! We had 62 players show up last night…hmmm nice weather and only 62... Oh yeah RCO this weekend! Good luck to all going to RCO. Again for the third week in a row I have had people from the past come out and play. Always good to reconnect with old friends that you haven’t seen in a while. It is amazing thinking about how many different people I have met just by throwing The Dubs.

                          The competition out here is getting better every week. If you are not able to make double digits you are going home with no $ and receiving 1pt for showing up.

                          Again -15 under was the winning score followed closely with a -14 and -13, -10 to round out the payouts.

                          Results
                          1st Dizzy – Brody Miller (-15) $50
                          2nd Tom Dooley – Sean Phillips (-14) $35
                          3rd Tim Skellenger – Kevin Madrid (-13) $29
                          4th Andy Cox – Geebs (-10) $23
                          5th Sean Healen – Phillip Kurtz (-10) $20
                          6th Eddie F. – Ken A. (-10) $17
                          7th Ryan “Fat Boy” – Brian Riley (-10) $12
                          8th Carl R. – Lankins (-10) $0

                          Thank you to all that have donated CTP’s for Dabney…
                          Charlie Telleson (glass coasters) Hole # 18 – won by Chris Jones
                          Steve Sunnes (wine) Hole #13 – won by Tyler Christenson
                          Jerimie Lankins (Zepher, Innova sticker, mini) Hole #10 – won by Andy Cox
                          Nate Kabaza (Milo DX Leopard) Hole #2 – won by Zac Beltz

                          There is something in the air out here. Aces are not sitting around that long. Again there was an ace and this time not your normal hole. Congrats to Jerimie Lankins on hitting Hole #14 in air. Ace pot was at $70.00

                          One last bit of Dabney records... I do not remember this many people showing up and playing at least once at The Dubs this early in the season. As of last night 139 players. Thank you for coming out and support The Dabney Doubles

                          Let’s hope the weather keeps up.

                          See you next Thursday,

                          Kevin

                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Ace Club 2011

                          Charlie Tellessen - Hole #18
                          Adrian B - Hole #11
                          Joe A. - Hole #12
                          Camo - Hole #4 & #12 (BACK TO BACK WEEKS)
                          Dustin Milbrodt #12 & #10 (SAME DAY)
                          Jerimie Lankins #14

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Standings

                            Forgot to put up the standings.

                            Kevin

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              I sooooo hope the forecasters are wrong for tomorrow. Between this stinkn weather pattern, that germ incubation station (daycare) I send my little one to twice a week, and my stubborn persistence to play frolf in any condition as of late, I'm as sick as a dog today. Where is the f'n sunshine? I better break out the rubber galoshes for tomorrow. I'm bringin shots of day- quil too! This bitch-ass weather and cold won't hold me down, just makes me whine a little.
                              DiscGolf- The ONLY time to enjoy being negative(-)

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Results from 5/26/11

                                Forgot about last weeks results...

                                Come on give us a good night. No R.... we'll leave it at that.

                                See you tonight.

                                Kevin

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X