Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chainbangers Club Summer Series

Hello everyone,

I’ve been getting a lot of questions about recent PDGA postings for tournaments in the Seattle area. This is to kind of whet y’alls appetite about some of the cool events the club will be putting together for this season as part of the Chainbangers Club Summer Series

Anyway, onto the schedule:

On April 9th and 10th we’ll get things rolling with both a Northside and Southside Series Opener. Each will be a 1-day PDGA singles event to get everyone warmed up for the coming disc golf season.

On Friday June 10th, we’ll be putting together an official pre-Battle in Seattle BYOP PDGA doubles tournament called “Calm Before the Battle”. This will be a one-round affair at Lakewood starting in the afternoon so you can put the final touches on your Battle plan for the weekend.

July is going to be a full month of really unique events including two State Championships:

The Sudoku Showdown will be held at SeaTac on Saturday, July 9th. This will be a '150 Class' (<159.9grams) tournament where players can throw only 150 class discs, just like the Japan Open. Word from PDGA is that this will be the first sanctioned 150 class event in the US!

The Washington State SuperClass Championships will be the first-ever chance to take home a State SuperClass title in Washington or anywhere! This will be a standard PDGA singles event on Sunday, July 24th similar to last year’s Seattle SuperClassic event. Like the Sudoku Showdown, the Washington State SuperClass will all have lower entry fees and a focus on trying out other disc golf options rather than playing for $$$ and prizes.

On Sunday August 21st, we'll be hosting a PDGA sanctioned matchplay tournament at SeaTac. Details are being hammered out regarding the exact format but look for the SeaTac Matchplay Showdown to be popping up on the PDGA calendar soon.

Finally, we’ll be wrapping up the series on October 1st with the Chainbangers Summer Series Finale. We’re still investigating different formats for this one (ideas appreciated), but rest-assured it will be a fun wrap-up to the summer series with plenty of golf, side games, and an after-party!
    Last edited by cefire; July 12th, 2011, 07:56 AM.
    'Weekend 4 Women':
    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

As an FYI, I'll be filling in more details as I confirm them on this thread and in separate posts.
    'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post

The Sudoku Showdown will be held at SeaTac on Saturday, July 9th. This will be a 150 Class tournament where players can throw only 150 class discs, just like the Japan Open. Word from PDGA is that this will be the first sanctioned 150 class event in the US!
      Talking about this with Keith again today.

A 150 class tournament allows only discs at or below 150 grams.

The Japan Open is a 150 "Open" Class tournament, allowing discs up to 159.9 grams.

Some clarification will be needed for this upcoming tournament, it will be either a true 150 class competition, or 150 open class.

Either way, most of my bag has been lightweight discs for years now, so this will probably be the only tournament I will be willing to donate an entry fee to this year.
      I say donation because, even with the equalizer of 150 class, I have no chance of beating any of you, so the money is a donation.
      You're welcome.

I actually hoping its J.O./A.O. class, because I have a new wicked stable X out Boss at 159 grams that I can throw without flipping.
      Also my 155 Northman, my 154 CE Gazelle, my 158 XD..............

Once you get the details worked out I would like to register asap.

Comment

Yep, I noticed the same thing and brought it up with PDGA - they seemed not to care either way. I would actually prefer the <160g method as well - still offers a huge twist but allows a little bit of normalcy in disc selection.
        'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Well Andrew as normal you are the man! This might be the coolest thing ever! Let me know what I can do to help you, you know I'm there for you.
          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Yep, I noticed the same thing and brought it up with PDGA - they seemed not to care either way. I would actually prefer the <160g method as well - still offers a huge twist but allows a little bit of normalcy in disc selection.
            There used to be very few discs in that weight range between 150-160 grams.

150 class had to be under 150, and everything else was targeted to be max weight, so high fifties and low sixties were uncommon.

Now there is a whole influx of new plastic in this weight range, including some stabilized stuff.

I'm sure the local sandbaggers would all prefer the heaviest discs allowed.

There will need to be a scale available pre round, as well as an approved list of discs for each player, double checked after the round.
            Any substitutions due to lost discs would have to also be approved prior to being thrown in a round.

Children, women and old farts should all be encouraged to enter this tourney.

Comment

Mods, any way we can keep this in the Washington State Events? Its really not like an ace pot or anything, just a collection of individual events that is tied together artificially.

Thanks
              Last edited by cefire; January 28th, 2011, 04:30 PM.
              'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Wow, something FORE! everyone. Many great opportunities to play a disc golf tourney - THANKS Andrew & Chainbangers. Thanks for the advanced notice. This provides a lot of chances to enjoy frisbee at its finest & funnest .

Also an opportunity for anyone to get involved.

Support your local course & tournaments! Help get your home course in tourney shape - volunteer at a work party or just pick up garbage during your casual rounds. Spread the good word to the newbies to try a tournament, keep the course clean, and get involved!

Comment

Nice work Mr. Rivers. Looling forward to making at least a couple of these. Working on Setting up $5 to lick my frog for perhaps Nov. 6 this year. Want to pick your brain more and set things up with keith.
                  "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                  -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Yes, that does wet the appetite... these all sound super fun!! Andrew and Sheila, you guys are the best!!
                    Chainbangerz rocks, too
                    I better get the disc rollin' on some shift trade requests...
                    Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; January 31st, 2011, 09:50 AM.
                    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

After a lot of conversations, it is official, we'll be going with 159.9grams and under for the '150 class' tournament in July. Start getting your bags together!
                      'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Further details for the Northside and Southside Openers are available here: http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...1750#post91750

Help us get the word out if you can, we're hoping to kick this season off right!
                        'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Hello everyone,

I’ve been getting a lot of questions about recent PDGA postings for tournaments in the Seattle area. This is to kind of whet y’alls appetite about some of the cool events the club will be putting together for this season as part of the Chainbangers Club Summer Series

Anyway, onto the schedule:

On April 9th and 10th we’ll get things rolling with both a Northside and Southside Series Opener. Each will be a 1-day PDGA singles event to get everyone warmed up for the coming disc golf season.

In May, look for a Matchplay singles event to popup on the schedule soon. This type of tournament operates a lot like “March Madness” with a bracket and mono-a-mono showdowns to the top of the ladder.

On Friday June 10th, we’ll be putting together an official pre-Battle in Seattle BYOP PDGA doubles tournament called “Calm Before the Battle”. This will be a one-round affair at Lakewood starting in the afternoon so you can put the final touches on your Battle plan for the weekend.

July is going to be a full month of really unique events including two State Championships:

The Sudoku Showdown will be held at SeaTac on Saturday, July 9th. This will be a '150 Class' (<159.9grams) tournament where players can throw only 150 class discs, just like the Japan Open. Word from PDGA is that this will be the first sanctioned 150 class event in the US!

The Washington State Overalls Championships will be held on the weekend of July 23-24. This type of event is kind of like a disc golf Olympics where players compete in a number of Frisbee events in addition to disc golf. We’ll be playing one round of PDGA singles each morning and then in the afternoon, we’ll head to the fields for an official laser-measured Distance competition, Accuracy, Maximum Time Aloft (MTA), and Throw, Run and Catch (TRC).

The Washington State SuperClass Championships will be the first-ever chance to take home a State SuperClass title in Washington or anywhere! This will be a standard PDGA singles event on Saturday, July 30th similar to last year’s Seattle SuperClassic event.

The Sudoku Showdown, Washington State Overalls, and Washington State SuperClass will all have lower entry fees and a focus on trying out these other disc golf options rather than playing for $$$ and prizes.

Finally, we’ll be wrapping up the series on August 28th with the Chainbangers Summer Series Finale. We’re still investigating different formats for this one (ideas appreciated), but rest-assured it will be a fun wrap-up to the summer series with plenty of golf, side games, and an after-party!
                          Says in the post above that Washington State SuperClass Championships is on Sat July 30 2011, but here it say Sun Jul 31:
                          http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/64509
                          Which is correct?
                          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Edited: Superclass tournament moved to July 24th, see top post!
                            Last edited by cefire; July 12th, 2011, 07:56 AM.
                            'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

thanks!
                              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X