Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 WSS Schedule

The dates posted below are rock solid.

The finals event, Whiners in the Woods, is a qualifying event.

Of the six qualifying events, four are needed to qualify (half + 1).

Windy River Open, Kennewick, April 16 & 17

Aloha Sushi Classic, Walla Walla, April 30 & May 1

Raymond Seick Invitational, Steilacoom, May 14 & 15 (not an actual invitational this year)

Battle of Seattle, Seattle, June 11 & 12

White River Open, Auburn, September 3 & 4

WSS Finals, Whiners in the Woods, Bremerton, September 24 & 25

We do have a huge summer gap in the series. There are events going on during the gap that do not want to be part of the series (FSO, Nuke, Jet) and most venues don’t want to compete with the other big events going on (BSF, pro & am Worlds).
    Last edited by Rideout; February 12th, 2011, 12:31 PM. Reason: Took the Spokane events off the schedule & changed the standards of the finals.
    WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

You rock Mike!!

Comment

Great schedule, with one exception. June 11-12th is also the Zoo Town Open in Missoula, which will attract many of the Inland golfers.
      I don't suppose there's a chance of moving it to the 18th-19th.
      The only competition then is in Kamloops, BC. I don't know how many series golfers would attend that?
      I do know it'll be tough to choose for us Eastsiders.

Comment

I know, I don't care much for overlapping a regional A-tier. I typically wouldn't TD a state event that overlaps a regional A-tier, but the producer of the event pushed forward with this date wanting to keep an even balance between the LCO and the BSF. It was a tough decision for Chainbanger’z and one that I fully support.

The more we grow, the tougher our decisions become.

Mike

Comment

Nice work on the schedule Mike and team!!!
          'Weekend 4 Women':
          Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
          Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Rock Solid... except for the Steily date. Sorry guys, I jumped the gun. The Steily event will actually be May 14 & 15. I will change the first post so it reads correctly.

Mike

Comment

Yeah buddy!! I'm stoked for this upcoming season.

Comment

Lilac city's gonna be an A-tier?? SIIICCCCCCCCKKKKKK love that tourney

Comment

Wish the wind River open wasn't during Tax Season. Closest tourney to me. Unfortunatel I will be scrambling to get as many returns filed as I can. Tax day got moved back from the 15th to the 18th this year. So glad WA DC decided to have a holiday that only they observe push the day back.

Comment

Spokane has withdrawn both their events from the WSS. This is due to the Spokane community wanting to keep things closer to home – very understandable. Note, both events are still happening so please support them; they just aren’t in the Washington State Series anymore. Hopefully we can bridge this gap by 2012.

Also, the finals are now a qualifier. There was a re-vote on this issue and with overwhelming numbers; this has become the new guideline.

So, now there are six total events and each player needs four to qualify (half + 1).

Mike
                    Last edited by Rideout; February 12th, 2011, 12:46 PM.

Comment

now thats sad.....now when i play both events there i wont get pnts towards the wss....damn man

Comment

As much as the Eastside tournys are worthy of traveling to , I guess it is time to think of a truely Inland series and a Western Washington series.

The players base has grown so much in the last five years or so. It was a matter of time before this was due to happpen.

Comment

It was definitely gonna be a struggle getting qualified for this from the east side.
                          I had pretty much given up on the idea for this year anyway... still sad to see.
                          As Yardbird said, "It was just a matter of time..."
                          When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                            It was definitely gonna be a struggle getting qualified for this from the east side.
                            I had pretty much given up on the idea for this year anyway... still sad to see.
                            As Yardbird said, "It was just a matter of time..."
                            Actually it would have been easier to qualify on the east side since they would have had four events and the west side only three.
                            A par is not a bogey.

Comment

If the 4 events had all been within 70 miles one way Then Yes It might have been easier but they are not as centrally located as the West side venues are to each other.
                              rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X