Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• other series: BAD ACE Travelling winter Handicap Series is back!

I appologize for the lack of information about the series this year; I have gone through some serious changes in my life, most of which are the result of a crazy ex-wife. Long story short, The series will be moving to every other Saturday this year starting 11-27-2010 with no event on Christmas Day. The location for each event is still to be finalized because I need to check each course and make sure we arent stepping on anyones toes. We will be playing two rounds of 18 at each course with an appx 30 -45 minute lunch between rounds. All events start at 9 AM. As always this is Handicapped meaning competitive to all skill levels!

Entry will be $25 bucks for the whole series. Your best 5 scores will be counted meaning you can miss two events and still have 5 scores, or you can make all 7 and drop the two worst scores. There will be a $1 rolling ace pot per round. I am adding an optional $5 raw score side entry at each Saturday for the best raw score total of both rounds for the day. Anyone who pays into this will take home the entire pool at the end of the day if they have the lowest two round total.

We will be playing at Wortman, Cascade, Keizer Rapids, Woodmansee, Champoeg, Adair, and Possibly Dave Heiders Private Course!

The schedule will be...
    #1 November 27th
    #2 December 11th
    #3 January 8th
    #4 January 22nd
    #5 February 5th
    #6 February 19th
    #7 March 5th

Not doing a bag tag this year as it mostly fizzled out last year, however the Capitol City Disc Golf club runs a fine bag tag and I am now a supporting member and I am sure they would love to have the involvement of the Bad Ace partcipants as well.

Stay tuned for more details... and Please dont hesitate to call 503-302-8789, or write me with any questions or concerns... carlboje11@aol.com

Forgot to mention a special Thanks to Shaun Kirk (Miles) who is stepping up to co-chair the winter series with me this year as I am now a single father and need to be available to my daughter should anything come up... He is what I call a Super Gangsta!!!
    Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Finalized Schedule

The schedule will be...
    #1 November 27th - Cascade Gateway - 2 rounds of 18
    #2 December 11th - Adair Village - 2 rounds of 18
    #3 January 8th - Newberg Circuit - 15 holes Champoeg - 9 holes Hoover - 12 holes Ewing Young
    #4 January 22nd -Keizer Rapids - 2 rounds of 18
    #5 February 5th - Woodmansee - 4 rounds of 9
    #6 February 19th - Dave Heiders Private Amity Course - 4 rounds of 9
    #7 March 5th - Hornings Hideout - 2 rounds on the canyon course (middle/ original course)
    #8 March 19th - Wortman Park - 2 rounds of 18

I am excited for the Newberg Circuit this year! Someone once told me about the fact that all three course adds up to 36 holes and so I have decided we just cant ignore such a beautiful coincidence!!!

Also I am excited for the side cash action. I repeat there will be a $5 per event optional raw score entry with 100% payout to the winner for the day.

And finally I have been working on a new much easier to follow handicap system that is fair to all skill levels... I am sure that will relieve some of you who I have failed to make understand my incredibly simple yet complex handicap system.

Thanks to Dave Heider who has graciously allowed us to invade his disc golf paradise. And Shaun Kirk who has already begun coming up with a 9 hole course that will keep us from criss crossing... I love the top of the mountain shot down to a stump basket with a 150' elevation decent. Oh and dont forget the over 400' bomber in the neighbors field! I am super excited... who is with me?
    Last edited by CarlitosBonitos; February 2nd, 2011, 09:41 AM.

Comment

It's time...

Mutha Freaking game time!

Comment

Sad to hear that Beast will not be offering the shuttle this go around... but I understand as birthdays happen but once a year. I hope to see everyone out there and I will bring spreadsheets with raw score information as well as your handicap that you will use for the Adair Rounds and also a reminder we wont be starting until 10AM but I will be there by 9am if you want to go over handicaps... scoring... or any late registrations!

Comment

GGGrrrr I missed this Post. Thanks to the them that told me this was on. See ya all saturday!

Comment

Teeing off at 10:00 Am... At Champoeg... Shaun is headed out to Herbert Hoover and Ewing Young today to take stock of the conditions and see if we need to make any temp tee pads... I will report his findings later. Also Dont forget we are playing three courses for a total of 36 holes... Starting at Champoeg... then we will have 45 minutes to drive the ten minutes to Herbert Hoover and grab lunch... then a short three minute trip to Ewing Young! This should be sweet! Ace pot is currently at $46 dollars and expected to be at roughly $75 dollars with appx half of the holes we will be playing very aceable!!! Bring your boots and your A game!

Comment

Remember this is the third event... meaning anyone who hasnt signed up can make it to this and the remaining 5 events and still participate... after this event you will be excluded from the competition. Now for Shauns report...

Shaun reported that Ewing Young looks great and the pins are rather short! He said Herbert Hoover looks okay... and is very playable with a little bit of standing water. Bring your boots or atleasta change of shoes and socks for the round after Hoover... See you all real soon

Comment

Any extra baskets at Champoeg this year?

Comment

Carl,

Can you update the schedule?

You added Hornings, but I not sure when.

Comment

Okay... this is really the finalized schedule.....

#1 November 27th - Cascade Gateway - 2 rounds of 18
                    #2 December 11th - Adair Village - 2 rounds of 18
                    #3 January 8th - Newberg Circuit - 15 holes Champoeg - 9 holes Hoover - 12 holes Ewing Young
                    #4 January 22nd -Keizer Rapids - 2 rounds of 18
                    #5 February 5th - Woodmansee - 4 rounds of 9
                    #6 February 19th - Dave Heiders Private Amity Course - 4 rounds of 9
                    #7 March 5th - Hornings Hideout - 2 rounds on the canyon course (middle/ original course)
                    #8 March 19th - Wortman Park - 2 rounds of 18

Thanks for the heads up Chris... I totally should have done this a couple of weeks ago!!! Im getting excited to get back to Woodmansee! May the sunshine continue~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X