X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLE Winter Series Now in Portland

Join us for the 2010-2011 OLE Series... the longest running disc golf series in the northwest. Low key, fun completion over the winter... keep your game tuned up and have a lot of fun doing it!

Dates (all Saturdays):
    Nov 27th - Dabney
    Dec 18th - Timber
    Jan 22nd - Trojan
    Feb 5th - Pier
    March 5th - Stub Stuart

Format: 2 rounds of 18. Registration 8-9am. Player's meeting at 9am, tee at 9:15am. No Pre-reg necessary.

Cost:
    Ams: $15
    Pros: $20
    Ace Pot: $1 included in entry fee

TD Contact info: (he doesn't read this forum, but I'll try to now and then )
    Tom Embree
    crushthecourse@hotmail.com
    360-314-2495

See you out there!
    Teresa

Eugene's loss (already made up for by the awesome folks running winter golf down there - Andrew Rich... I am looking at you!)... is Portland's gain. Cannot wait to slip and fall at some and/or all of these tournaments.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

wishful thinking?

Originally posted by Sam View Post

Eugene's loss (already made up for by the awesome folks running winter golf down there - Andrew Rich... I am looking at you!)... is Portland's gain. Cannot wait to slip and fall at some and/or all of these tournaments.
      Plan on some heavy drinking eh?
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      - Anonymous

Comment

That's what the L stands for in OLE, right? Liquor?
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

are these events pdga sanctioned?

Comment

Originally posted by Fancher_503 View Post
            are these events pdga sanctioned?
            Historically they have not been sanctioned.
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
              Historically they have not been sanctioned.
              No, I mean are they this year? someone told me they were "C " tier events. I was hopefull we had a bunch of sanctioned events throughout the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Fancher_503 View Post
                No, I mean are they this year? someone told me they were "C " tier events. I was hopefull we had a bunch of sanctioned events throughout the winter.
                It would be nice to have some non-sanctioned events in the winter time, when there is less time to practice. Will this be on my permanent record?

Comment

In the past only a few of the OLE's became PDGA as they grew to large events. It's got to the point that people are so crazy about their ratings etc etc that it effects if they want to play an event or not. I don't think it should really matter so much.

If I were hell bent on being a 1020 golfer I would only play a few PDGA events a year.....But I love Disc Golf. Therefore, I play all the events I think will be fun. PDGA or not.......

Just Play Disc Golf and Keep It Local!!
                  Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

I had an awesome time at the O.L.E. today. We are lucky to have this locally in Portland. This was once one of the biggest southern Oregon winter events. I know there was a lot of events going on today, but was expecting a bit more people.

For those not in the know the O.L.E. (Oregon Liquid Environment) is a laid back relaxed winter series that is hosted by Tom Embree and T-bell. This is a great way to enjoy a tournament setting with low entry fees and surprisingly big payouts. These events are (B)eer tiers and not PDGA sanctioned. O.L.E is a winter series, and playing 4 of the 5 events qualifies you for payouts and bragging rights.

Comment

Great Series

Tom, Thanks for bringing such a great series to the Portland area!

Comment

Ditto

Originally posted by 503DiscGolf View Post
                        Tom, Thanks for bringing such a great series to the Portland area!
                        Fun event! Smooth as silk. Thanks and nice rounds, Tom and TB!

Comment

I miss the OLE series.

It's always nice to know that Tom and TBell are out there making it happen (and I'm not just talking about in the biblical sense).

Comment

Originally posted by bvdisc View Post
                            I miss the OLE series.

It's always nice to know that Tom and TBell are out there making it happen (and I'm not just talking about in the biblical sense).
                            You don't HAVE to miss the OLE series...............it''s a short drive from Eug to PDX. We'd love to see you come up and take our money.

Bob

Comment

out west, back east, up north, down south

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                              You don't HAVE to miss the OLE series...............it''s a short drive from Eug to PDX. We'd love to see you come up and take our money.

Bob
                              Hey Bob,
                              I think that's Ben and he's living back east.
                              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                              - Anonymous

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X