X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• purediscgolf
    started a topic Willamette Valley Winter Series!!

Willamette Valley Winter Series!!

Hello All,

We are proud to announce the Willamette Valley Winter Series starting on Nov 13th at Alton Baker Park. There will be 9 events this winter to keep your discs in shape.

Here is a general idea of the dates we are looking at. These are off-set by the Southern Oregon Winter Series to allow a full schedule. We are going to have some inevitable conflicts with other winter series in the state. It seems there simply aren't enough weekends in the year for all the Disc Golf we want to play in Oregon.......

ALL OF THESE DATES ARE SET. LOCATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS WE GATHER ALL THE PERMITS:

Nov 13th ……….@ Alton Baker Park

Nov 27th……….@ Richardson County Park

Dec 11th………..@Baker Bay County Park

Jan 1st………….@ Orchard Point County Park

Jan 15th………. @ Cottage Grove DGC

Feb 5th ……….@ Perkins Peninsula County Park

Feb 19th ………@ Westmoreland 18 Hole Course (Ice Bowl Food Drive?)

Mar 5th……….@ Dexter State Park DGC

Mar 19th.........@ Mystery Location

Please get in touch with me if you would like to volunteer with the series. We always need baskets and help with course prep.

The intention of this series is to support the Eugene Disc Golf Club and our efforts of turning the 2011 Eugene Celebration into the NW's next premier A-Tier.

Sponsorship packages are available for the ENTIRE SERIES!!!

$50 Cash or $100/Merchandise will get you a permanent tee sign for all 9 events. Please contact me for more information. Cheers,

Andrew Rich
    Pure Disc Golf .Com
    541-337-2942

PS. Here is a Map of Alton Baker Disc Golf Course
    Last edited by purediscgolf; October 13th, 2010, 12:04 PM.

• purediscgolf
    replied
    Thanks everyone, it's been an awesome year so far. I definitely learned a lot about what it takes to run smooth events. There are simple things you can do to prepare yourself for "crunch time". Those few minutes can be brutal when people are waiting to get their payout and all the scores are still being tallied. It's just about relaxing, being prepared, and not feeling rushed.

Thanks for all your support and help this year. Stay tuned for more Pure Disc Golf .Com events in the near future. Our next tournament is planned for the first weekend in May at Alton Baker Park. The Emerald Valley Open will be a great opportunity to show the other park users how Disc Golf could incorporate into Alton Baker.

Also, I had a great discussion with Cliff the Park Host from Perkins Peninsula County Park after the Series Finale. He expressed his regret for the park not looking as clean as it could because his back has been hurt. I quickly offered up the help of the Disc Golf Community. Cliff could be a great ally for us and with enough help we could make quick work out there. Please keep an eye out for information on upcoming work parties at Perkins Peninsula. I'd like to show our support and keep the ball rolling on a permanent course there soon. We also may put together the first event in the Willamette Valley Spring Series soon (April?) to keep Disc Golf fresh on their minds.

Thanks again for everyone's support this Winter. It's been refreshing to see the new competitors in each division. I hope these events have boosted our confidence going into the larger events this summer. Cheers,

Andrew Rich
    Pure Disc Golf .Com
    541-337-2942

Leave a comment:

• DexterHawk
    replied
    Add me to the list... All of the events I played had tricky fun layouts and were run very smoothly. Great job Andrew, it was really nice to have a hometown series again!

Leave a comment:

• Tossaroc
    replied
    Originally posted by Danial View Post
    Hey Andrew, just wanted to say thanks again for an awsome winter series. cant wait till next year..
    I agree, great job on this Drew! You are perfecting your TD skills and it was awesome to get the county parks back. Im gonna miss winter golf

Thanks!
    Shawn

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yah what a fun event. Thanks Andrew and co. Congrats Zach for sneaking up and ripping some of that script. Congrats to Ben for the advanced series win and the same to all the other winners.

Leave a comment:

• Danial
    replied
    Hey Andrew, just wanted to say thanks again for an awsome winter series. cant wait till next year..

Leave a comment:

• purediscgolf
    replied
    Updated Top 5 Events Points Leaders

Here is an updated version of the Points Leaders. I found an error on the last one we posted for Dan Guill in the Advanced Division. He is in 4th place not 3rd, behind James Morse. Thanks

See everyone tomorrow at Perkins Peninsula!! I put up the new map on the Eugene Disc Golf Club Facebook Page. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112079788820639

Leave a comment:

• chainsmasher
    replied
    Originally posted by bryan_luoma View Post
    Yuk Fa! Thanks for the heads up Drew!
    Be ready for that sudden death playoff on Saturday Mr. Chilton.
    We'll see about that sucker! Let's just hope we both play better than last Sunday. What a poop shoot!

Leave a comment:

• bryan_luoma
    replied
    Originally posted by purediscgolf View Post
    Yah, I love Perkins Peninsula. I was 14 years old when I won my first Pro event ever at an OLE there. We have an outside chance of getting a seasonal layout there next fall. They are closed from Oct 1st through May 1st which would give us 7 solid months

BTW Bryan,
    You and Ben Chilton are in quite the battle for Advanced. If you can pull out a win at Perkins this weekend it will put you into a sudden death playoff for the entire Series. Check out the Top 5 events points standings I posted earlier. You could replace your 98 with a 100 and gain the 2 points you need to catch him
    Yuk Fa! Thanks for the heads up Drew!
    Be ready for that sudden death playoff on Saturday Mr. Chilton.

Leave a comment:

• DexterHawk
    replied
    Are we going to have to battle all of the OB again... I could buy a bunch of string if you need it!

Andy

Leave a comment:

• purediscgolf
    replied
    Yah, I love Perkins Peninsula. I was 14 years old when I won my first Pro event ever at an OLE there. We have an outside chance of getting a seasonal layout there next fall. They are closed from Oct 1st through May 1st which would give us 7 solid months

BTW Bryan,
    You and Ben Chilton are in quite the battle for Advanced. If you can pull out a win at Perkins this weekend it will put you into a sudden death playoff for the entire Series. Check out the Top 5 events points standings I posted earlier. You could replace your 98 with a 100 and gain the 2 points you need to catch him

Leave a comment:

• chainsmasher
    replied
    Sweetness! The Perkins tourney was one of my faves, excited to take on the "revamped" version. Once again, thanks for your hard work Andrew.

Leave a comment:

• purediscgolf
    replied
    Finale @ Perkins Peninsula

Hello everyone,
    We are holding the finale at Perkins Peninsula County Park on Fern Ridge Reservoir. This park was the logical choice after Richardson was unavailable due to mud. I am going out tomorrow afternoon to make some twists and turns on the old course. This is sure to be the most grueling layout in the Series. Please let me know if you'd like more information. There are definitely many factors that weighed into our choice of this park. We could potentially have a seasonal course here during the winter months they are closed.

Willamette Valley Winter Series Finale
    Perkins Peninsula County Park
    March 19th
    AM-$20
    Pro-$25
    8-9 Signups
    9:15 Player's Meeting
    9:30 Tee-Off
    Series Awards following the event.

Andrew Rich
    Pure Disc Golf .Com
    541-337-2942

Leave a comment:

• DexterHawk
    replied
    Wahoo... my first series victory in any division! I am super stocked

Leave a comment:

• Matt B.
    replied
    Originally posted by mindsmaid View Post
    you've already got it on lock down now! congratulations! Kirk is going to St. Patties...
    Second post, already in third person!

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X