Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baker Bay Results

Hey Everyone,
    Thanks for coming out to Baker Bay and making for an awesome tournament. It was by far the smoothest event I've ever been a part of. Thanks to Brad McDougall and Dan Rodriguez for helping with the course layout, Gene Fackler for helping out in every which way, everyone who brought and carried out baskets, and of course my girlfriend Nely for being super organized at tournament central. (Have you ever heard of a TD being asked to 'please go warmup' because everything was done nearly an hour ahead of Tee-Off? I'm usually lucky to get a few drives in and some putts before the 2 min warning)

Baker Bay is an awesome park and I feel has real potential as a seasonal Disc Golf Course. We have been talking about it for a long time.... What if the Disc Golf community adopted some local parks and campgrounds during their off-season? Keeping the gates open and parking fees rolling in during the winter months.... People may listen to any proposal for possible revenue creating sources during this recession. I for one would have no issue with buying $3 parking passes or a Seasonal Pass to play.

Have a wonderful Holiday Season and make sure to keep an eye out for the Orchard Point work party. We're going to head out shortly after Christmas and get the layout set for the New Year's Toss.

Ninkasi should be on board by then so be sure to bring those baskets. Baskets=Beer

Andrew Rich
    Pure Disc Golf .Com
    541-337-2942

ps.
    Attached are the results for Baker Bay with a Series Points Standing coming soon. Thanks for your patience
    Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

I agree Baker was a great course. Andrew I would love to volunteer to help with winter courses it would be great we need more courses in lane county. Let me know

Comment

Thanks for all of the hard work, Andrew. The weather could have been better but the course was a lot of fun!

Comment

Jan 1st

Cant wait for Sat at Orchard Park. Just wondering will this be another 12 hole course or 18? Wondering how many baskets to bring. See you all there hung over or not!

Comment

bring all of your baskets just in case

Comment

Happy New Year!

Thanks everyone who made this happen. The crazy island layout was brutal and awesome. I was happy just to make it out of that last round without any penalties. Congrats to Andy 8 down out on those 12 holes, pretty badass.

Comment

Yeah really fun tricky course in sunny weather. I had my best improvement from round to round ever. Second round lots of obs lead a twelve over... Next round 8 under was an improvement of 20 strokes!

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
                  Yeah really fun tricky course in sunny weather. I had my best improvement from round to round ever. Second round lots of obs lead a twelve over... Next round 8 under was an improvement of 20 strokes!
                  Holy Crap! An 8 down on that layout is very impressive indeed! Well done Andy!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                    Holy Crap! An 8 down on that layout is very impressive indeed! Well done Andy!

not to mention seven in a row...
                    Boys! Boys! Nobody owns Cory and Trevor. -Bubbles

Comment

Can't wait to watch the North Regional Park tournament on 1/15 When is it scheduled to start?

Comment

Originally posted by demongund View Post
                        Can't wait to watch the North Regional Park tournament on 1/15 When is it scheduled to start?
                        Come On Guys! With the turnout of the ninkasi series last winter where is everyone? This one at cottage grove is one that you dont want to miss!

See everyone there

Comment

Orchard Point Results

Here are the results from the last event at Orchard Point County Park. I can't wait to see everyone at Cottage Grove for the first permanent course in the Willamette Valley Winter Series. I apologize for the delay listing the results. The current Points Standings will be uploaded by Friday night and will also be posted at Cottage Grove on Saturday.

Andrew Rich
                          Pure Disc Golf .Com
                          541-337-2942

ps. I'm working at The Arc of Lane County as Donations Coordinator. Please let me know if you have any clothing, household items, or other donations. All donations are Tax Deductible and go to support Adults with Developmental Disabilities. Thanks
                          Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

I moved a bunch of baskets at CG last weekend... If you want me to change anything for the tourny just let me know. My only request is that we play the triple mando hole, I'll bring a rope... PS I have a really good idea for a temp basket location for hole number 8 but it would slow play down a little bit. What if we put a basket across the stream and played it as a huge anny shot... I'll bring my discatcher if you decide you wanna try it.

Comment

I was thinking about Hole 8 specifically because of the back-up we had during the Celebration. I was planning on playing it in the original placement down the center. Not the longer pin or the left pin. I would like most of the pins in the original placements with Hole 12 in the short and Hole 13 in the Right.

With very little prep work needing to be done on a permanent course I will have time to move baskets on Saturday morning if need be. Thanks for the heads up. See you on Saturday!

Andrew Rich
                              Pure Disc Golf .Com
                              541-337-2942
                              Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Series Points Standings

Here are the updated Willamette Valley Winter Series Points Standings. They are current through Orchard Point. We have 5 events left in the series so you still have many opportunities to come play.

We will calculate your top 5 points totals in the series to crown Divisional Champions. The top 1/3 in each division (who have made 5 or more events) will qualify for the Series Points payout.

Andrew Rich
                                Pure Disc Golf .Com
                                541-337-2942

ps. The whole file is too large so I had to split the Pros/Adv and the Adv Masters/Intermediate Ams into two separate files to upload.
                                Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X