Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the Feedback!!

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all your input on the Series. I am excited to be putting together some very fun and challenging courses for you this winter.

Tyler Christensen and I went out and played a round at Alton Baker with a portable basket on Friday. It felt great to be out there and get some rips in. The course could definitely use some sprucing up so please stay tuned for information on a work party.

The Entry Fees are going to be $25 Pro and $20 AM/ADV. Out of which we will be taking $5 ($3 Series Fees and $2 Ace-Pot). Series Fees will go to cover all operating costs associated with the Series. Any remaining funds will roll over for the Series Finals payout.

The Ace-Pot is going to be $1 per round with SEPARATE payouts on a round to round basis....This means that if we have 50 people at an event there will be $50 per round in the Ace-Pot. Ace-Pots not hit in the morning will roll over into the afternoon.....make sense? (see scenario below)

We are going to be capping the Ace-Pot that may build up at $100. Each round is separate until it's completed and then rolled over to the next until it reaches $100..Ace-Pots gathered until the $100 Ace is hit will be put into the 2011 Eugene Celebration Sponsorship. Please let me know if that confuses anyone....I figure $100 is still an awesome winter ace to take home while supporting Oregon's longest running PDGA event.

Players packs for the Willamette Valley Winter Series will be an option for players at the wholesale cost of $5. I'm committed to putting $1 from each Players Pack sold back into the 2011 Eugene Celebration. You can pick from a Water-Resistant Utility Pouch or a Rasta-FAR-Dry Bag, sticker and a mini.

Put it on your calendar......Eugene Celebration, Sept 2011, PDGA A-Tier...... It's going to be huge!!!
    Cheers,

Andrew Rich
    Pure Disc Golf .Com
    541-337-2942

ps. Here is an Ace-Pot "$100 Capping" scenario for you........We have 60 players show up at Alton Baker.....$60 per round in the Ace-Pot.........No Aces in the morning........$60 rolls over into the $60 waiting for the afternoon rounds' Ace-Pot........Ace-Pot is then Capped at $100 and the remaining $20 is rolled into the Eugene Celebration Sponsorship.....

ALL FUNDS GATHERED FOR SPONSORSHIP PURPOSES WILL BE ACCOUNTED FOR AND PRESENTED ON A PUBLIC FORUM.
    Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Sporthill Sponsorship

Greetings!!! I am pleased to announce our newest Sponsor for the Willamette Valley Winter Series.

Sporthill Apparel in West Eugene has graciously agreed to donating some of their awesome gear. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us.

Please get in touch with me if you would like our Sponsorship Package to hand around in your area. We are on a mission to make this Winter Series as large as possible......Hopefully reaching our goal of turning the Eugene Celebration into the NW's newest A-tier!!!

Andrew Rich
      Pure Disc Golf .Com
      541-337-2942

ps. We are still a go for the work party on Sunday (Nov. 7th) at noon in the east parking lot. We are going to meet at 10am for weed-whacking duties. Please get in touch if you would like to help out. Cheers,
      Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Dates are SET!!!

Hello everyone,

Just got the good news from Rebecca that we have all the necessary permits to play at the Lane County Parks Dept!!!

Richardson, Orchard Point, Baker Bay, and Perkins Peninsula are back on the Oregon Disc Golf Scene!!

Thanks again to Dave, Dan R., Dallas, Dan S., Ryan, Brad, and Steve for their contributions to Alton Baker this past weekend. The course is looking amazing!!

We are going to play another Rake Round with a portable basket tomorrow around 1pm to flag out the course. I know it's a little bit early for you folks who work but it's getting dark so early now.

Please bring any baskets you have to these events. I don't mind playing on "cloth" baskets but would like to avoid it if possible. Cheers!!
        Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Is there a schedule for the Alton Baker Park event available, or at least a check-in time?

Comment

Originally posted by jeverett View Post
            Is there a schedule for the Alton Baker Park event available, or at least a check-in time?
            If i am correct check in is at 8 with players meeting at 9 and tee off at 9:30.

Comment

Ok everybody ---- tomorrow is the first day of the Williamette Valley Winter Series at Alton Baker Park in Eugene.

Andrew has worked really hard to make the Alton Baker course fantastic and you definitely don't want to miss it. You would also be showing the city of Eugene that we need to make Alton Baker a permanent fixture.

Check in is at 8:00 AM and the player's meeting is at 9:00 AM. If you have a basket, please bring it at 7:30 so we can make sure we have plenty to set up.

We have a great schedule lined up using some Lane County parks we haven't used for a long time. These are courses that a lot of you have never played. It would be well worth the drive.

Please come and support the Series, attend enough to be in the running for Series champ, and also help us show the City and the County that we need permanent courses.

Any questions?

Thanks and I hope to see you there!!!!!

Rebecca
              PDGA President

Comment

Capital

I have a DGA M-14 with chains added to it that I'll bring. Can't wait!

Comment

Excited about the series! I'll bring two baskets.

Comment

One down - eight to go.

The next event is at Richardson County Park --- this is a course that a lot of you haven't played so you're in for a treat.

November 27th. Check in at 8:00 - Player's meeting at 9:00
                    Entry fees - $25 for Pro and $20 for AM. $1 acepot .

If you are bringing a basket---Please bring them around 7:45 so we can get them set up on time.

Be prepared to buy a $3.00 parking pass. This is not included in your registration and it is required.

Come out and have fun and work that Thanksgiving dinner off your waist and bring the family. You have any questions---just ask

Thanks,
                    Rebecca
                    PDGA President

Comment

are the scores posted anywhere on the web?

Comment

Originally posted by hyzerbomb View Post
                        are the scores posted anywhere on the web?

Thanks to everyone who came out and made Alton Baker such a success. I am very excited to be a part of the Disc Golf movement. Richardson holds a very special place in my heart as I grew up playing there. I can't wait to get out there and throw again.

Wish me luck in Florida and make sure to stay tuned at playerscup.org. I'll do my best to represent as the sole NW representative

I'll have the scores up soon on the Eugene Disc Golf Club Facebook Page. Stay tuned!! Cheers,
                        Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Here are the results from Alton Baker. Thanks for being so patient. See you all in two weeks
                          Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Andrew,
                            Tear sh*t up in Florida and thanks for posting the scores!

Comment

Here are the revised results. I forgot to list Ryan Young's $15 payout. It's the small things ya know See you at Richardson on the 27th!! Nothing better than Disc Golf to work off all that Turkey!!! peACE
                              Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Andrew won his first round at the Players Cup. Round 2 he's playing against Paul Ulibarri.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X