Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willamette Valley Winter Series!!

Hello All,

We are proud to announce the Willamette Valley Winter Series starting on Nov 13th at Alton Baker Park. There will be 9 events this winter to keep your discs in shape.

Here is a general idea of the dates we are looking at. These are off-set by the Southern Oregon Winter Series to allow a full schedule. We are going to have some inevitable conflicts with other winter series in the state. It seems there simply aren't enough weekends in the year for all the Disc Golf we want to play in Oregon.......

ALL OF THESE DATES ARE SET. LOCATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS WE GATHER ALL THE PERMITS:

Nov 13th ……….@ Alton Baker Park

Nov 27th……….@ Richardson County Park

Dec 11th………..@Baker Bay County Park

Jan 1st………….@ Orchard Point County Park

Jan 15th………. @ Cottage Grove DGC

Feb 5th ……….@ Perkins Peninsula County Park

Feb 19th ………@ Westmoreland 18 Hole Course (Ice Bowl Food Drive?)

Mar 5th……….@ Dexter State Park DGC

Mar 19th.........@ Mystery Location

Please get in touch with me if you would like to volunteer with the series. We always need baskets and help with course prep.

The intention of this series is to support the Eugene Disc Golf Club and our efforts of turning the 2011 Eugene Celebration into the NW's next premier A-Tier.

Sponsorship packages are available for the ENTIRE SERIES!!!

$50 Cash or $100/Merchandise will get you a permanent tee sign for all 9 events. Please contact me for more information. Cheers,

Andrew Rich
    Pure Disc Golf .Com
    541-337-2942

PS. Here is a Map of Alton Baker Disc Golf Course
    Last edited by purediscgolf; October 13th, 2010, 12:04 PM.
    Disc Golf Accessories

So much golf this winter!
    Thanks Drew for putting this together.
    -Devin Cordell #38801

Comment

Richardson County Park

Baker Bay County Park

Orchard Point County Park

Perkins Peninsula County Park

Hell ya!!!!

Comment

Entry Fee Feedback

Hello everyone,
        I'm just going over logistics for the Series and would love some input from you all. My new focus is the entry fees as they relate to permit fees etc for these events....

We have discussed all the permits and other fees associated with the Series and agree that $3 per player should cover everything. In time we may build a surplus fund for expenses and other costs. Any cash that is left over in this fund will be rolled over for a Series payout.... Along with any sponsorships gathered (hint hint )

$2 Ace-pot ($1 per round) along with the $3 Series fee will bring the total deduction from each entry fee to $5 total.

With this in mind we were thinking the entry fees should be:

-$30 Open Pro
        -$25 Advanced and AM

I am also going to be offering a $5 optional Player's Pack of a "Water-Shed Utility Pouch" to keep your essentials dry. The Player's Pack along with the $5 Ace-pot/Fee would bring it to $10 total from the entry fee. Pros would then in essence be playing for $20 each and the AMS $15.

Does that make sense to everyone? I thought I would make the Player's Packs an option to avoid confusion over cash flow etc. If you don't want it, then opt out. It's that simple

Do these entry fees seem to high? Low? Thoughts on the Player's Packs? Please give us some input on how you would like to spend your Disc Golf allowance Cheers,

Andrew Rich
        Pure Disc Golf .Com
        541-337-2942

ps. Does anyone know the actual entry fees for the SOWS? I heard they were $30 for Pros too?
        Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

SOWS entry fees are 30 dollars normally with only a 1/3 payout. Play good get rewarded.

Idk about players packs, is your idea to charge everyone 30 reguardless and if they want a players pack only 20 of their payout goes into the prize pool and if they dont 25 bucks goes in, that doesnt seem right, maybe i misunderstood. Or would they just be charged 25 instead of 30 if they dont want one, and 20 dollars out of everyone entry goes into payout?

Comment

That was my first impression too. I just thought I would get your opinions. It would seem that the players who don't get a player's pack and thus pay $25 and not $20 are getting "ripped off" somehow huh.....

We could offer the Player's Packs as an additional cost to the entry fees. These Utility Pouches are very handy as scorecard pouches in the rain......That was my first idea, how to keep the scorecards dry......Also, they are usually $10 retail and I am offering them at a special rate of $5. Each bag takes me about 20-30 minutes to put together and a cost of about $2 in materials.

This is a relatively new endeavor of mine on the sewing machine. I thought it would make sense to hand-make items that help player's on the course...... I was tired of digging through my bag for my wallet, phone and keys etc. So, I started making these pouches to keep my important belongings secure, dry, and accessible. I think everyone could use one of these pouches to organize our chaotic bags.
            Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Originally posted by purediscgolf View Post
              Hello everyone,
              I'm just going over logistics for the Series and would love some input from you all. My new focus is the entry fees as they relate to permit fees etc for these events....

We have discussed all the permits and other fees associated with the Series and agree that $3 per player should cover everything. In time we may build a surplus fund for expenses and other costs. Any cash that is left over in this fund will be rolled over for a Series payout.... Along with any sponsorships gathered (hint hint )

$2 Ace-pot ($1 per round) along with the $3 Series fee will bring the total deduction from each entry fee to $5 total.

-$30 Open Pro
              -$25 Advanced and AM

I am also going to be offering a $5 optional Player's Pack of a "Water-Shed Utility Pouch" to keep your essentials dry. The Player's Pack along with the $5 Ace-pot/Fee would bring it to $10 total from the entry fee. Pros would then in essence be playing for $20 each and the AMS $15.

Does that make sense to everyone? I thought I would make the Player's Packs an option to avoid confusion over cash flow etc. If you don't want it, then opt out. It's that simple

Do these entry fees seem to high? Low? Thoughts on the Player's Packs? Please give us some input on how you would like to spend your Disc Golf allowance Cheers,

Andrew Rich
              Pure Disc Golf .Com
              541-337-2942

ps. Does anyone know the actual entry fees for the SOWS? I heard they were $30 for Pros too?
              I think ace pots should be optional and most people probably wouldn't get a players pack. $30 is a considerable raise in entry fee from the $20 of OLE and Ninkasi series in the past, but given the turnouts for the Ninkasi series last year it seems like a fee hike is do-able. It's nice to have the bigger payout $, but it's also nice to play a lower cost, more casual winter one-day tournament.

That being said, I personally would still play at $30, and I always buy into the ace pot. And I would definitely buy a Series logo disc or shirt or both, if available but I would not go for the players pack.

Comment

We could go back a little bit and make the entry fees $25 Pro and $20 AM. It all depends on how much people want in the payout. I personally don't maind paying $30 to play a Pro event. Granted I may not play too many as I will be filming and producing a DVD from the Series....

Ace-Pot and a Series Fee will come out of the entries no matter what. A Series Fee is the only feasible way of making this a reality. As far as the Ace-pot goes my plan is to cap it at $100 and make any surplus gained from there a Eugene Celebration 2011 sponsorship. When the Ace is hit for $100 the Ace-Pot will go back to $0 and we start all over.....Make sense?

Turning the Celebration into a premier regional event is one of my main goals for this Series. It's unfortunate that we can't get the major sponsors that are needed to run large scale events. We have to rely on each-other to make our dreams a reality.......
                Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Just my 0.02 cents worth but I think $25/$ is more reasonably and may encourage more players to test the waters in stronger divisions.

Comment

I agree with Jester. 20 ams, 25 pro seems more reasonable. The whole idea of winter series to me is to get out and play in a tournament setting, not so much about how much you win. I also think the lower you make the fees the more people will turn up at these things which, in my opinion, is more to the point.
                    I like the idea of player's packs made optional. After all, how many of those dri-bags would you want?
                    Thanks Andrew for putting this on, can't wait.

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                    Just my 0.02 cents worth but I think $25/$ is more reasonably and may encourage more players to test the waters in stronger divisions.

Comment

$30 sounds good to me. I'm excited to play Alton Baker again. As for fees, you got to pay for permits and other things some how. I think a lot of golfers don't realize what it takes to run a event. Someone has to do a lot of work so we can show up and play.

Comment

I like the idea of higher entry fees and smaller numbers. Iím not a big fan of overcrowded tournaments. Whatever you decide to do with fees and such just be up front and people will decide for themselves.

Instead of players packs maybe you can have the bags for sale for $5 to participants.

E

Comment

serious series fees

Originally posted by purediscgolf View Post
                          Hello everyone,

-$30 Open Pro
                          -$25 Advanced and AM

Andrew Rich
                          Pure Disc Golf .Com
                          541-337-2942

(there is SOWS info around here somewhere)

Andrew,
                          Yes, $30 for pro.
                          We take $1 from all divisions for the operating fund.
                          We averaged around 90 per gig, and it was more than enough to pay for the 09/10 SOWS fees/permits.
                          At the end of SOWS XIV we rolled close to $500 of Operating fund $ back into the final payouts after we paid bills and gave some donations.
                          We also charge less for Pro Master than Pro, as we have for over 10 years now.
                          My personal opinion of your am fee is that it is too much.
                          Also, we never charge an Amateur and an Advanced player the same fee.

And, for JUB JUB... the Am's will not be playing for cash.
                          Last edited by Flatroc; October 22nd, 2010, 10:57 AM.
                          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                          - Anonymous

Comment

understated statement

Originally posted by the flogging putter View Post
                            $30 sounds good to me. I'm excited to play Alton Baker again. As for fees, you got to pay for permits and other things some how. I think a lot of golfers don't realize what it takes to run a event. Someone has to do a lot of work so we can show up and play.
                            Would you puhleeeze take care of getting ALL the baskets at ALL the set-up courses for SOWS XV?
                            I'll buy you some tasty .
                            Thanks Mr. Joshua, we's knew's we's could's count's on's you's.
                            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                            - Anonymous

Comment

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what? hijacked

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X