4/9/11 > Sat. > Sam Brown, > PRO/AM Finals
    4/10/11 > Sun. > Sam Brown, > Awards

Pro > $30
    Master > $25
    Advanced > $20
    Amateur > $15
    Players Meet @ 8:30 am
    Tee Off @ 9:00 am
    Am only days include ALL advanced players.
    There will be a mandatory extra $5 fee at the Safari gig.
    You must play in at least 5 events to qualify for the finals.
    Saturday finals at Sam Brown will count towards the standings.
    Sunday at SB will be awards and fun dubs.
    $5 will be taken from all entrants and be used for:
    $1 > ace pot all divisions
    $1 > operating costs (extra $ at the end gets rolled into the awards)
    $3 > awards (except pro)
    $1 > pro awards
    $2 > pro skins
    Call (541) 733-9117 for more info.
    Last edited by Flatroc; November 22nd, 2010, 08:46 AM.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Thanks Yose!

Comment

WAAAAHHHOOOOOO!!! ahhhhahahahaha im soooo excited.....it couldnt get here any sooner!!!!!

Comment

Wooooooot!!

Comment

Hey Yose... The last two dates on your list are a sunday and a monday... are the dates wrong or the days?

Andy

Comment

gudt eye mon

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
            Hey Yose... The last two dates on your list are a sunday and a monday... are the dates wrong or the days?

Andy
            Andy,
            Actually 1 of the dates and days is correct.
            Thanks, and way to pay attention bud.
            I really didn't think anyone would notice.
            This means a prize for you if you are at Sam Brown on those dates.
            FWIW, those dates would've worked for this year.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            - Anonymous

Comment

Hey yose, what do you think about getting rid of the pro place cash and add it to the skins round for more money that way. I have talked to a lot of pros and they like the idea. What do you pro golfers think?
              My drunken words are my sober thoughts!

Comment

sup ta you

Brant,
                For the most part, you pro fellers have been deciding amongst yourselves about the $ and how it's payed out.
                So, although I'm not totally sure what you're trying to say, (maybe you left out "last" pro place cash?), it really doesn't matter to me.
                Remember, if it were up to me the pro's would be payed out like the old days to at least 40%.
                We pro masters still pay out half the field.
                It seems that the money is not quite as important as our love for the game and what it has to offer above and beyond the root of all evil.
                - Anonymous

Comment

SOWS bag tags?

Comment

Originally posted by the flogging putter View Post
                    SOWS bag tags?
                    Heck Yes, $20? and lets get ppl to actually buy them so we can get 4 baskets to give out this year

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                      Brant,
                      For the most part, you pro fellers have been deciding amongst yourselves about the $ and how it's payed out.
                      So, although I'm not totally sure what you're trying to say, (maybe you left out "last" pro place cash?), it really doesn't matter to me.
                      Remember, if it were up to me the pro's would be payed out like the old days to at least 40%.
                      We pro masters still pay out half the field.
                      It seems that the money is not quite as important as our love for the game and what it has to offer above and beyond the root of all evil.
                      What i'm saying is no overall payout and use the money for big skins round. Even though you sound like a hippie, you are right money is the root of all evil, it also can buy you hookers and cocaine! so it can't be all bad.
                      My drunken words are my sober thoughts!

Comment

qualify for what?

Someone plays pro in all 10 events, never wins cash and ends up DFL every gig.
                        Now he's qualified because he's played 5 or more gigs.
                        What then has he qualified for?
                        $1 from pro's, per gig goes to qualifiers payouts.
                        An average of $20-30 a gig.
                        I think that much could be covered in side bets.
                        Also, we have a bunch of fellers who play pro but could easily and often do play am or adv in other gigs. That adds up to a lot more payout per gig, that wouldn't be there if these fellers didn't step up. By rewarding them it may give a bit of incentive.
                        FWIW, last place qualifier payouts have started at around $10-20.
                        Should we stop paying out qualifiers?
                        - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                          Someone plays pro in all 10 events, never wins cash and ends up DFL every gig.
                          Now he's qualified because he's played 5 or more gigs.
                          What then has he qualified for?
                          $1 from pro's, per gig goes to qualifiers payouts.
                          An average of $20-30 a gig.
                          I think that much could be covered in side bets.
                          Also, we have a bunch of fellers who play pro but could easily and often do play am or adv in other gigs. That adds up to a lot more payout per gig, that wouldn't be there if these fellers didn't step up. By rewarding them it may give a bit of incentive.
                          FWIW, last place qualifier payouts have started at around $10-20.
                          Should we stop paying out qualifiers?
                          I received $25 last year for being in a three way tie for first and losing in the playoff, splitting the 2nd and 3rd place cash with Shane.... I know last year everyone must have got the same exact amount, I say heck with auto qualifiers, If you want overall payout talk to Shane and I and get in our side bet for the series Champion. My vote is that money goes into skins. Every last dime of it

Comment

Greed sucks

Originally posted by scottycb1 View Post
                            I received $25 last year for being in a three way tie for first and losing in the playoff, splitting the 2nd and 3rd place cash with Shane.... I know last year everyone must have got the same exact amount, I say heck with auto qualifiers, If you want overall payout talk to Shane and I and get in our side bet for the series Champion. My vote is that money goes into skins. Every last dime of it

Scott,
                            Adam handled the pro payouts for the overalls and the skins last series.
                            I really don't think that everyone got the same amount, as Adam has handled many payouts and is a very fair person.
                            Also only $1 per pro went into the overall payout which makes that purse smaller, while your skins was twice as much.
                            If you put all the cash into skins, it's that much more the top golfers will get.
                            Do you care at all about the pros that step up and never cash?
                            It's some of these pro's money ($25 a gig goes back) that you and the other top golfers put in your pockets all winter long.
                            So what does qualifying mean to last place pro?
                            It's NOT all about the money to some of us.
                            Yose
                            Last edited by Flatroc; October 27th, 2010, 08:10 AM. Reason: other thoughts to write
                            - Anonymous

Comment

money money money

I would almost rather see that $1 go to trophy or something instead of more skins money if anything. I definitely don't think padding the pockets of the top few pros is what the money should go to though. They get enough of our money throughout the year. The finals is for having a great time and getting a little somethin back for qualifying so you can buy some beer to wash away the memories of getting your ass whooped all year When i first moved up to pro, it was the first year you guys decided to pay top third instead of half. Of course i made every event and cashed once. I took 6th or 7th place at 6 events only to be 1 spot out of the money. I cant begin to tell you how frustrating that was. I only made it to 4 events last year. I think that little bit of money that you get for last cash makes you feel like you can compete and is enough to get you to come back again and again but when its just the same 5 dudes getting everyones money every time, it makes it not feel worth it at all. Seems to me the top pros should want more "dead money" (as some greedy bastard in my group last weekend put it) to show up and donate which i think we would have alot more even if we paid 40%. Anyway i am done ranting. I will make it to as many SOWS events as i can and this year I'M taking all yer money

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X