X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
    TreeLove: short, disjointed, weird, half-pulled, flat (no offense meant, still love that we have him)

Bob
    Bob - You seem to have figured out smack talk. Well done sir. Well done.

Comment

Sorry I haven't chimed in yet...

I am being systematically destroyed by the poison oak from Humboldt. But before I head off to the urgent care center to get it looked at I will leave you with these thoughts.

The criteria for TDG courses:
      It HAS to be 18 holes. At Sorosis we filled 15 of the 18 holes with groups. This may cause us to switch out Pier Park since they removed some of the baskets. That leaves us with 2 courses in the PDX area that we aren't using: Rooster & Horning's.
      1. Rooster has a weird layout and we played it East then West last year. But we have 15 groups so that plan will not work this year. We would have to play it as an 18 hole course and that is an absurd walkout. Oh, and it was the single worst day of TDG I've ever been to in many years of playing TDG.
      2. Team Disc Golf = FREE Hornings = NOT FREE. Facilities, are there any?

True Adair is not close, but it is a great course with superior facilities. I think that the extra travel is worth it for what you get at Adair. Just like I think that the extra travel was worth it to play Sorosis.

Trojan.
      Here are my thoughts about Trojan and why it is so late on the schedule. Trojan now has tee pads and a french drain on hole 10 where the worst of the water is. I also cleared an assload of stickers from the walkout along the base of the highway, so I am expecting it to play much better than last year. The reason that I placed it so late in the schedule this year was to try and get the best shot at a true 'winter' course. If you haven't played Trojan when the water is frozen you have missed out. I am trying to schedule that to happen, but who knows what the winter will bring. If you are basing your view of Trojan on playing it last year in the winter, I think that you will be pleasantly surprised by the improvements. Maybe one of the Nation can chime in with current conditions?

Milo.
      If we can't play at Pier I vote that we play another round at Milo. The facilities are awesome, the course speaks for itself and it is the one course that can handle all of us AND the normal casual golfers who want to play. So if we get rid of a course due to lack of 18 holes (like Pier) then I say we should just add another week at Milo.

But I still want to hear your opinions so let em out!
      Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
      Or does here stand the last remaining man
      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
      I値l not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Brody Cannon View Post
        1) If we HAVE to play trojan than it should be switched with milo. I agree.
        What do you mean by "HAVE" to play Trojan? Trojan with the new pads is one of the best courses in the state.
        Current World Rank: 2857th
        Lowest Rated Round: 777
        Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
        Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
        Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
        Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
        Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
        Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

Originally posted by keys View Post
          What do you mean by "HAVE" to play Trojan? Trojan with the new pads is one of the best courses in the state.
          it is a beautiful course but scares the outta me.

I agree with Lewis, add another round at milo if pier is off the schedule. If trojan is playable in the last few weeks then keep it where it is on the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
            so I had a few too many beers and quaffers, then proceeded to get WORKED like a red headed step child by THE Carie Pinkal
            Hell she beat me the last 2 times we played Milo straight up! That girl's got game!

Comment

I agree with Lewis, add another round at milo if pier is off the schedule.
              Does anyone know the date that the baskets will be back at Pier? Any chance that they get back before we are done with TDG?

At least we got to play it once for the Prelims...

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                True Adair is not close, but it is a great course with superior facilities. I think that the extra travel is worth it for what you get at Adair. Just like I think that the extra travel was worth it to play Sorosis.

Trojan.
                Here are my thoughts about Trojan and why it is so late on the schedule. Trojan now has tee pads and a french drain on hole 10 where the worst of the water is. I also cleared an assload of stickers from the walkout along the base of the highway, so I am expecting it to play much better than last year. The reason that I placed it so late in the schedule this year was to try and get the best shot at a true 'winter' course. If you haven't played Trojan when the water is frozen you have missed out. I am trying to schedule that to happen, but who knows what the winter will bring. If you are basing your view of Trojan on playing it last year in the winter, I think that you will be pleasantly surprised by the improvements. Maybe one of the Nation can chime in with current conditions?

Milo.
                If we can't play at Pier I vote that we play another round at Milo. The facilities are awesome, the course speaks for itself and it is the one course that can handle all of us AND the normal casual golfers who want to play. So if we get rid of a course due to lack of 18 holes (like Pier) then I say we should just add another week at Milo.

But I still want to hear your opinions so let em out!
                Trojan
                I'd love to check out the new & improved Trojan, but if we wait & it does freeze at the end of winter, how is everyone gonna GET there? (especially Big Winds) Also, my money's on a milder winter than that - but that's just me using my psychic weather powers.

Milo
                ROCKS!

Facilites become a moot point as we get into the heart of winter - NO courses have ANY open facilities at some point. Unless port-a-potties are available, so I can't see that as the best argument for going as far as Albany.
                Great googly moogly!

Comment

Trojan has a port-a-potty by the first basket. There are also concrete tees for each hole. There is a french drain on both 10 and 11 - where the ground is the soggiest. The fine folks at PGE have done additional clearing along the side of hole 5, and by the walkout from 16 to 17.

We have not made it out for a couple of weeks, but I hope to throw there this weekend. I will update the conditions then. Hope the season has gone well so far...
                  TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by thread killer View Post
                    Facilities become a moot point as we get into the heart of winter - NO courses have ANY open facilities at some point. Unless port-a-potties are available, so I can't see that as the best argument for going as far as Albany.
                    I am less talking about a bathroom and more talking about a sheltered area in which to hold tournament central. That doesn't change too much with the later season.

Comment

Don't worry about the drive for us at Big Winds ... we are used to it!
                      Bring it on, wherever.
                      -Karlito

Comment

What time tomorrow??

Comment

What time tomorrow??
                          8:30am set lineups
                          9am tee time!

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                            TreeLove: short, disjointed, weird, half-pulled, flat (no offense meant, still love that we have him)
                            Bob
                            I just laughed out loud at my desk and not only spilled my coffee but it actually came out my nose. Well played sir.

Comment

Trojan is mostly dry, sir. The water in the lake is up, and the edge around the lake is soggy in most areas, but the course as a whole is pretty dry. Lots of leaves on the ground, but VERY playable.
                              TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
                                Trojan is mostly dry, sir. The water in the lake is up, and the edge around the lake is soggy in most areas, but the course as a whole is pretty dry. Lots of leaves on the ground, but VERY playable.
                                Not that Milo wasn't BE-A-OOtiful last weekend, but I bet Sunday woulda been the PERFECT day for Trojan!
                                I'm just sayin...
                                Great googly moogly!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X