X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008-2009 Team Golf Schedule

Joardan, thank-you, again, for running Team Golf, again, this year!
    I am aware that the schedule is not the easiest thing to put together, but I heard many people either discussing or kvetching yesterday about this year's schedule. I have a few questions, but want to make it clear that I am respectfully asking & really not trying to add the bitching.

1) Could we go to Trojan earlier in the season, it's (potentially) gonna get really wet & crummy by the end of winter. Could we possibly switch Milo for Trojan?

2) Why Adair when there's no team from there this year? I understand that Rockwood/Vance are not ideal courses for Team Golf & we need to fill that space with another course. Could we go to Milo twice like we've done in the past? or...

3) Why no Rooster Rock or we could even play Ewing & Hoover together?

(4) Or am I just not seeing the most recent list?)

Great googly moogly!

Originally posted by thread killer View Post
    I am aware that the schedule is not the easiest thing to put together, but I heard many people either discussing or kvetching yesterday about this year's schedule. I have a few questions, but want to make it clear that I am respectfully asking & really not trying to add the bitching.

1) Could we go to Trojan earlier in the season, it's (potentially) gonna get really wet & crummy by the end of winter. Could we possibly switch Milo for Trojan?

2) Why Adair when there's no team from there this year? I understand that Rockwood/Vance are not ideal courses for Team Golf & we need to fill that space with another course. Could we go to Milo twice like we've done in the past? or...

Comment

Trojan should be switched with Milo
      Adair should be switched with Horning's
      Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
      Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Darr doesn't like Adair because Jamie beat him there. I say we keep it there as it is a great course.

I think we should either switch the dates for Milo and Trojan or use Horning's instead.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          Darr doesn't like Adair because Jamie beat him there. I say we keep it there as it is a great course.

I think we should either switch the dates for Milo and Trojan or use Horning's instead.
          I would vote for dupping Trojan and Adair and adding any of the following courses:

Hornings
          Champogee
          Cascade Gateway
          Rooster Rock
          Levrich

Comment

Here is another log for the fire.... Pier is not a 18 hole course now only 12 holes.

Comment

1) If we HAVE to play trojan than it should be switched with milo. I agree.

2) Adair is awesome so that should stay in the mix. If we want to add to the schedule then I suggest Hornings.

3) I'd rather add hornings than rooster rock and rooster shouldn't take the spot of something already on the schedule. Although I love ewing, team shouldn't be split on multiple courses.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Madrid View Post
                Here is another log for the fire.... Pier is not a 18 hole course now only 12 holes.
                If we save it for the end of the season then the baskets should be back in by then, right?

Comment

I would be a fan of dropping Adair due to the drive time.
                  Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

It's funny because I might start to be known for this.
                    Debbie had 22 strokes! on me yesterday and I could only make up 17 (a 941 round).
                    I think Jamie had 12 at Adair and I only made up 9
                    But the best was the finals last year when Hemmerling faked the freebie points in the afternoon
                    so I had a few too many beers and quaffers, then proceeded to get WORKED like a red headed step child by THE Carie Pinkal

she beat me straight up but I already put those scores in the recycle bin CPink could probably fill us in.
                    Wait a minute, I AM known for this
                    P.S. the beers aren't an excuse more of an illustration

P.S.S
                    Originally posted by proto something or other View Post
                    I would be a fan of dropping Adair due to the drive time.
                    I like Adair just not the drive time, same with Trojan. Think about Big Winds' mileage
                    Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                    Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                      But the best was the finals last year when Hemmerling faked the freebie points in the afternoon
                      so I had a few too many beers and quaffers, then proceeded to get WORKED like a red headed step child by THE Carie Pinkal

she beat me straight up but I already put those scores in the recycle bin CPink could probably fill us in.
                      Guess what? I was drunk too!

Not really...but kinda...you might actually have a chance this year of beating me, Darr...can't wait to get back on the course.

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post

P.S.S

I like Adair just not the drive time, same with Trojan. Think about Big Winds' mileage

I think Adair's worth it. My team was from Corvallis last year, you just get up a little earlier and carpool better.

Adair is also the one team golf I'm not going to have to drive to. So I have other reasons for wanting to keep it on the schedule.

Comment

Adair: good!
                          Trojan: good!

Hornings: short (no offense meant, still love that we have this course)
                          Champoeg: short, flat, small (no offense meant, still love that we have this course)
                          Cascade Gateway: short, flat (no offense meant, still love that we have this course)
                          Rooster Rock: disjointed, weird (no offense meant, still love that we have this course)
                          Hagg: disjointed, half-pulled (no offense meant, still love that we have this course)
                          Pier: half-pulled (no offense meant, still love that we have this course)
                          Ewing: small (no offense meant, still love that we have this course)
                          Levrich: ???

Want to add a new course to TDG? WATERLOO!
                          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                            Adair: good!
                            Trojan: good!

Hornings: short (no offense meant, still love that we have this course)
                            Champoeg: short, flat, small (no offense meant, still love that we have this course)
                            Cascade Gateway: short, flat (no offense meant, still love that we have this course)
                            Rooster Rock: disjointed, weird (no offense meant, still love that we have this course)
                            Hagg: disjointed, half-pulled (no offense meant, still love that we have this course)
                            Pier: half-pulled (no offense meant, still love that we have this course)
                            Ewing: small (no offense meant, still love that we have this course)
                            Levrich: ???

Want to add a new course to TDG? WATERLOO!
                            TreeLove: short, disjointed, weird, half-pulled, flat (no offense meant, still love that we have him)

No matter which course is dropped or added it will have an effect on someone. Jordan came up with a schedule and I think we should try to stay the course and see how it plays out.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                              TreeLove: short, disjointed, weird, half-pulled, flat (no offense meant, still love that we have him)
                              Holy crap - that there is pretty damn funny.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X