Tuesday Arlington Doubles presented by Chainbangerz Disc Golf Club! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• other series: Tuesday Arlington Doubles presented by Chainbangerz Disc Golf Club!

Hello all, my name is Thomas Little and I'm starting a new weekly doubles event at Twin Rivers DGC in Arlington. It's called "Tuesday Night Arlington Doubles presented by the Chainbangerz Disc Golf Club". My main focus and motivation for starting this doubles event is to promote and raise funds for the Chainbangerz Disc Golf Club (CDGC) and Discovering Open Spaces (DOS) (www.discoveringopenspaces.com) as they are great non profit organizations dedicated to disc golf in the area and beyond, I highly recommend checking out their websites and reading all about it.

So on to some of the info for this event. The first event will be May the 25th and It will be a Tuesday event starting at 6:00pm every week, the buy in will be $7 with $5 being payout, $1 for ace pot and $1 towards the CDGC fund. Any person playing in this event who is a member of the CDGC will NOT have to pay the $1 CDGC fund; anyone interested in becoming a member (and their are lots of perks) please check out the website or call Keith at the store (206-601-1188) for more info. Just to remind you this is not an exclusively local club; if you live in Arlington, Seattle, Bellingham, Oregon, Florida, California or where ever you can become a member.

Anyone wanting to come down and play is more than welcome to as I expect a welcoming and laid back atmosphere; we are all friends and brothers in this sport and we all want to have some fun, this is important! Even if you don't have the money to spend you can still come on down and play singles in one of the groups and have a good time hanging out and playing disc golf with good people.

All ace pot funds will be accounted for and all incoming CDGC funds will be accounted for and deposited in the designated bank account. I will do my best to keep the course clear of litter and in the best shape possible. Please spread the word and come on out!
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

See my other post
    rewindb.com

Comment

Hey Now Thomas ~ what format of Doubles will we be playing @ Tuesday Night Arlington Doubles?

Comment

Regular random draw, best shot doubles. BUT maybe weeks down the road we might do something special and have an event just for a fun format. More info to come.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Just a reminder the first event takes place this Tuesday, tee off at 6pm, sign up at 5:30. I've got a couple of CTP's for this event already!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

First event starts tonight at 6:00 pm; please be a little early for sign ins. We're giving away 2 discs for CTP's and we are going to have a fun time, rain or shine. If you need a ride from the MLT/Lynnwood area let me know. I'll be at Arlington at 10:45am this morning for at least an hour or so picking up litter and maybe fixing any uneven tee pads if I have time so come on up and help if you want.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I wish I had seen your post eariler Thomas...I could have come out to help. I'm sure you have seen it by now but there is a tree suspended across the fairway on #18 about 20 feet or so in front of the tee box and about 6 feet off the ground. It sure makes you adjust your tee shot....you have to throw from the back of the box or maybe on top of the log bench to get over the fallen tree.

See you this evening.

Comment

Alright good first event!!! It was pouring down rain in Everett, Marysville, Lake Stevens and surrounding areas but in Arlington it was partial blue skies! We had 18 people come out with 16 playing for money. (My ma and pa played for fun together)

Chainbangerz gave us some swag to give out for CTP's and here's who took them:

Eric Cook took the CTP on hole 4 to win a Chainbangerz stamped R-wood Roc!
                Russel took the CTP on hole 13 to win a $20 gift certificate to Chainbangerz Disc Golf Shop!

Scores:

Wayne/Jason L: -8 (Won $50)
                Jessie/Thomas: -6 (Won $20)
                Jason VP/Arlington Chris: -4 (Won $10)
                Eric/Aaron: -1
                April/Steve Horton(Moe): +2
                Don/Damien: +2
                Curtis/Frank: +2
                Russ/Steve: +4
                Mom/Dad: +7

The ace pot stands at $16 and the Chainbangerz/DOS fund stands at $13

HUGE thank you to Keith from Chainbangerz (check out the links in my signature) and another thank you to everyone who showed up as it was a good turnout with questionable weather. I'm going to get some fliers posted at the course telling of this event so hopefully more people will be playing next week.

Also pack it out and please educate people who need it on packing out their trash!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Good work Tom The weather did scare me off.
                  rewindb.com

Comment

Sorry for the delay in results but here they are! 12 people out there with mom and dad playing for fun together in the threatening rain. Here are the scores:

Peter/Chris OZ: -8 (Won $30 in the playoff)
                    Josh/Steve(Moe): -8 (Won $20)
                    Carl/Mike: -7 (Won $10)
                    Aaron/Wayne: -5
                    BA(Brian Anderson)/Thomas(me): -4
                    Big Steve/Chris: -2
                    Mom/Dad: +5

Ace pot stands at $28 and CDGC funds stand at $23.

More CTP's will happen similar to our first event during one of the Tuesdays this month, it's secret which Tuesday so come on out every week! Fliers were posted today as well. See you next week!
                    Last edited by sillybizz; June 2nd, 2010, 02:47 PM.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

11 people out today in the good weather; where is everyone? I (Thomas) took the CTP on hole one to win $5! Scores:

Jessie/Josh: -6 (Won $30)
                      Thomas(me!) playing cali: -4 (Won $20 in a three team, three hole playoff)
                      Damien/Nate: -4
                      Kelly/Chris OZ: -4
                      Karl/Steve (Moe): -3
                      T.J./Ron: +2

Ace pot of $39 and CDGC funds are at $31.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Man Tom I've had to work late the last two weeks. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that I can get off in time next week.

Comment

I refuse to play doubles at Arlington until you post the scores and how much money is in the ace pot and club fund.

Oh...you did that. I guess I will be there next week.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonVP View Post
                            Man Tom I've had to work late the last two weeks. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that I can get off in time next week.
                            No worries man I here you're getting the shaft at work lately.

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
                            I refuse to play doubles at Arlington until you post the scores and how much money is in the ace pot and club fund.

Oh...you did that. I guess I will be there next week.
                            I refuse to play Lake Stevens until you go barefoot!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                              No worries man I here you're getting the shaft at work lately.

I refuse to play Lake Stevens until you go barefoot!
                              Hey now! Watch your feet BA...
                              "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                              -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X