X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Sponsor - Stumptown Disc Golf
    We just received a huge pile o' swag from Stumptown Disc Golf Club for CTP prizes throughout the season.

Stumptown Disc Golf is dedicated to promoting disc golf in the Portland Metro area. Thanks to our membership we are building new courses, educating the public about our sport, teaching clinics for youth and adults on the skills of the game and sponsored numerous tournaments. Membership fees are used by club volunteers for disc golf.

More information about Stumptown can be found at http://www.stumptowndiscgolf.org/.

Thanks Stumptown!

Comment

Oh yeah - we are less than one week away!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        New Sponsor - Stumptown Disc Golf
        We just received a huge pile o' swag from Stumptown Disc Golf Club for CTP prizes throughout the season.

Stumptown Disc Golf is dedicated to promoting disc golf in the Portland Metro area. Thanks to our membership we are building new courses, educating the public about our sport, teaching clinics for youth and adults on the skills of the game and sponsored numerous tournaments. Membership fees are used by club volunteers for disc golf.

More information about Stumptown can be found at http://www.stumptowndiscgolf.org/.

Thanks Stumptown!
        Thanks Stumptown!!!
        Breeze Huckin Master

Comment

Thank you to all the sponsors and to Scott!
          According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

I hope to be there for the inaugural Scott Hill presents..........Tuesday Two's. Great job getting this going Scott.

Now say something mean and snotty back to me. You know you want to!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
              Now say something mean and snotty back to me. You know you want to!
              Can't wait to see you on Tuesday. It's been a long time, friend.

Comment

Hey Scott, how we doing the format this year? A and B pool, one pool or sometine else?

Comment

Originally posted by Will of Doom View Post
                  Hey Scott, how we doing the format this year? A and B pool, one pool or sometine else?
                  That's the one detail I really haven't worked out yet. There are pros and cons both ways. I'm starting to lean towards one big pool, but would love to hear feedback.

Comment

Just added another bounty - the Rainy Day Games triple ace bounty. This bounty will be paid out to the first player to grab three aces over the course of the season. The winner will receive a $50.00 Rainy Day Games gift card.

Rainy Day Games also kicked in a couple of sweet black 20th anniversary Echo Rocs that will be used for CTP prizes this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      That's the one detail I really haven't worked out yet. There are pros and cons both ways. I'm starting to lean towards one big pool, but would love to hear feedback.
                      I say keep it one big pool. I think one big pool will make registration easier, and you won't hear complaints from those that feel they were "wrongly upgraded" to the A pool. I think part of the fun is having it be totally random, and then beating some of the "ringer pairings".

Thanks again for stepping up to run it this year. I'm excited to get out there on Tuesday (rain or shine!).
                      Breeze Huckin Master

Comment

Originally posted by larsonjeff View Post
                        I say keep it one big pool. I think one big pool will make registration easier, and you won't hear complaints from those that feel they were "wrongly upgraded" to the A pool. I think part of the fun is having it be totally random, and then beating some of the "ringer pairings".

Thanks again for stepping up to run it this year. I'm excited to get out there on Tuesday (rain or shine!).
                        I support this post. I'm all for one big pool.

Comment

Originally posted by larsonjeff View Post

I agree as long as Jeff doesn't get mad when he draws ME.

Bob

Comment

It's really funny - I was expecting a lot of support for the A/B pool system, especially amongst players who would normally play in the B pool, but I've been asking around over the last few days and haven't found that to be the case.

With that in mind, and considering that the registration process will be much faster/smoother/easier with only one pool, that's exactly what we will do. At least for week one.

There are a couple other changes that will be enacted this year.

1) $10.00 will be kept out of each weeks payout and be saved for the finals. $10.00 x 18 weeks means there will be a pot of at least $180 to play for in the final week. The weekly payout and ace pot will be slightly smaller, but not too noticeable.

2) The playoffs will be expanded to include roughly 10% of the total field for the season, with a minimum of 12 players. If 160 unique players play at least one event, there will be 16 players eligible for the playoffs the final week. The only catch - you must play at least 10 weeks to make the playoffs. Last year we had 190 unique players. I'd love to see at least 200 this year, which would expand the playoffs to the to 20.

3) In what is believed to be a one-of-a-kind sponsorship, I've secured a unique deal with the National Weather Service to assure that there will be absolutely no wind at Orchard Park on Tuesday evenings between now and August 24th. You read that right - absolutely calm skies*. Come on out and let 'em fly.

* This claim is totally bogus. But you probably already guessed that. Besides, wind is one of the crazy things that makes Tuesday Twos so special.

Comment

Bob
                              I'm always just happy to be out there.. I'll play with anyone and win
                              Breeze Huckin Master

Comment

Bob
                                I'll have to laugh when he actually draws you this year

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X